The Rams can talk to the agent, just not about a long term contract.
--------
Pace was a Pro Bowl player last year.
-----
With all due respect to Scott Tercero, I'll take a Pace that hasn't played to a Tercero that has.
-------
Quote:
How's it going? I don't have anything against Tercero, either...I think he has a chance to be terrific. Hopefully at guard. But I wouldn't rather have him, right now, at 100% over an 80% Pace. To compare him to a five time Pro Bowler who's one of the two best tackles in the game isn't fair. Tercero may turn out to be a Hall of Fame player, but...once again with all respect due Tercero...Pace is going to the Hall of Fame. I'd rather have him.
-------
Quote:
I said on the air the other night, if I were the Rams this would be it with Pace, I'd let him walk after this season because of the things you say. But since Pace is on the team now, he is their best offensive lineman. If the coaches didn't think he was their best left tackle on Sunday, they wouldn't play him. If he's frustrated and doesn't want to be here, good riddance. But he's the man now, and they can't get rid of him and change the offense. They've had to change enough without Turley. The Rams run an offense that requires someone of Pace's unique pass blocking abilities at LT. It'll take an off-season to change the personality of the team to a running team, or to find another premier left tackle.

--------

Oh, by the way...Brian Billick brought a broadcast crew I know into a film session last season and showed them mental mistake after mental mistake by Ogden, and told these guys he isn't as good as Pace and Jones. Grant Wistrom told me that Jones is far and away the best left tackle he plays against...this was last year after the Rams/Baltimore game. From all the coaches and experts I talk to, it's Pace and Walter Jones at the top, followed by Ogden, Samuels, McKinnie, then Roaf and Thomas. This isn't my opinion, just opinions from people that know a lot more about offensive line play, and see a lot more, than I do.