Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    NFLTopGun's Avatar
    NFLTopGun is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ballwin, Missouri, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I am, in fact, a Rams fan- and please don't call me Bro.
    I don't think you are. Every post I see you did, it's a complaint about the Rams. Let them do their jobs and if they think Caldwell will make a difference, so be it. At least they are signing players for depth and of course in case our starters get hurt. Perhaps you should be a patriots fan because they're doing everything right- signing the right free agents and winning games or making the playoffs every year. Rams are in fact trying to do that last year and this year. We just got hit by the injury bug, it was an unfortunate year but I still go to every game and cheer them on. I expect a better year this year and I trust their offseason moves. I think you should too IF you really are a Rams' fan!

    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

  2. #17
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Not true Top Gun. There was absolutely nothing negative about the Rams in the post you quoted.

    Every other post on the other hand... Some people just like to see the half full glass as good as empty.

  3. #18
    moloch41 Guest

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Quote Originally Posted by NFLTopGun View Post
    I don't think you are. Every post I see you did, it's a complaint about the Rams. Let them do their jobs and if they think Caldwell will make a difference, so be it. At least they are signing players for depth and of course in case our starters get hurt. Perhaps you should be a patriots fan because they're doing everything right- signing the right free agents and winning games or making the playoffs every year. Rams are in fact trying to do that last year and this year. We just got hit by the injury bug, it was an unfortunate year but I still go to every game and cheer them on. I expect a better year this year and I trust their offseason moves. I think you should too IF you really are a Rams' fan!

    You're right- I'm finally relenting. I'm never going to point out the stupid personnel moves, bad coaching decisions, and lackluster play of our team because I'm not a REAL Rams fan if I do. I should accept a 3-13 season as the best they could do because they're trying. You're abosolutely correct and I apologize.

    P.S.

    BTW, if you actually read my post about Reche Caldwell, I said that I didn't think it was a bad signing because even if he doesn't make the team, it really doesn't cost us much. I'm just not going to go gushing over 15 receptions, 141 yds, and 0 TDs and think it's going to replace 55 receptions, 733yds, and 4 TDs...but then again, I guess I would be a real fan if I didn't, so here's me gushing!!! :x

  4. #19
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Moloch, that's not what we're saying. We just are simply pointing out the fact that virtually every single one of your posts is negative. You never have a legitimately nice thing to say about any signing(saying "it's ok because when he gets cut it won't cost much" doesn't count), any personnel move, about any coach or about any player.

    It makes us question why you are a Rams fan if they do absolutely nothing right in your eyes. I understand that you joined amid a rather terrible season, however there are silver linings to every storm cloud.

    Caldwell is not meant to replace Bruce. He's a veteran that has gone deep into the playoffs. With that knowledge he can help mentor the younger receivers while also providing us with a backup who knows NFL defenses and has starting experience against them. He's still fairly young and can very much salvage a career here. 15 receptions isn't all that bad considering that he was 5th on the depth chart, only was active in 8 games and the Redskins were a run to set up the pass team.

  5. #20
    NFLTopGun's Avatar
    NFLTopGun is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ballwin, Missouri, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Teke said it all. He's right. Every time I read a post about the Rams' signings or any news, you say negative things. I'm actually tired of reading your posts and I think they're childish. Since you're from PA, why aren't you steelers or eagles fan instead? They had better years than the Rams did last year. I believe the Eagles and Steelers will do well this year. You probably think the Rams won't do well this year, so might as well quit being a "Rams' fan" and move on to another team that's closer to you OR have better records than the Rams did or will have.
    We're here to support and trust the Rams. We may not like what they're doing, but they're professionals and they know more about the players than we do. Let them do their jobs and if we have a better year, great. We're moving forward then. If not, then it's the coaching issue or whatever the front office thinks. Last year was just an unfortunate year with almost every starter out a game or more. I can't wait until football season starts, but I must cheer for the Cardinals (baseball) first
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

  6. #21
    OldSchoolRamFan's Avatar
    OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
    Age
    43
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Quote Originally Posted by NFLTopGun View Post
    Since you're from PA, why aren't you steelers or eagles fan instead? They had better years than the Rams did last year. I believe the Eagles and Steelers will do well this year.
    Now wait a second. While I do agree that in reading many of his posts, they are highly slanted towards negativity, calling his posts childish and then throwing in a childish digression of your own defeats your credibility. Questioning somebody's loyalty for their team simply by where they currently reside is throwing stones that I'm quite sure many around here would find laughable. I currently reside in Colorado, but the day that anyone accuses me of being, or even insinuates that I "should" be a donkeys fan, is the day my dogs Marshall, Jackson, and Holt chew such accusers legs off!!

    I also lived in Az prior to moving to Colorado and although there is very low support for the Cardinals, there are many DIE HARD Cardinals fans that love having football and root the Cardinals year in and year out and yet those same fans constantly bash the FO for horrible moves and tight pockets (most often deservably so). That doesn't make them any less fans, but losing is frustrating (and the Cardinals fans know this above and beyond most). I personally believe that the FO for our Rams is doing a fairly good job and I choose not to hold everything in a negative light, but I will also not resort myself to degrading another member of this Clan for holding an opposite opinion.

  7. #22
    moloch41 Guest

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Moloch, that's not what we're saying. We just are simply pointing out the fact that virtually every single one of your posts is negative. You never have a legitimately nice thing to say about any signing(saying "it's ok because when he gets cut it won't cost much" doesn't count), any personnel move, about any coach or about any player.

    It makes us question why you are a Rams fan if they do absolutely nothing right in your eyes. I understand that you joined amid a rather terrible season, however there are silver linings to every storm cloud.

    Caldwell is not meant to replace Bruce. He's a veteran that has gone deep into the playoffs. With that knowledge he can help mentor the younger receivers while also providing us with a backup who knows NFL defenses and has starting experience against them. He's still fairly young and can very much salvage a career here. 15 receptions isn't all that bad considering that he was 5th on the depth chart, only was active in 8 games and the Redskins were a run to set up the pass team.
    The Rams have done very little right over the past two seasons- you can try to argue that, but you won't win- and 11-19 record is proof of that. And besides for Witherspoon- I can't think of a single free agent we signed that has been a positive for this team. Will the lineman from the Titans work out? Who knows, but his signing and the signing of the richest kicker contract in history definately hasn't lifted the dread of the past two seasons for me. I'm not going to be bubblegum positive because a bunch of "fans" think you're need to be all "Rah Rah" no matter what. I've been a fan since the early 80's when I was a kid and as a fan, I have the right to be blindly optimisitic like you guys or more grounded in reality like I am. It's all a matter of perspective.

  8. #23
    moloch41 Guest

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Quote Originally Posted by NFLTopGun View Post
    Teke said it all. He's right. Every time I read a post about the Rams' signings or any news, you say negative things. I'm actually tired of reading your posts and I think they're childish. Since you're from PA, why aren't you steelers or eagles fan instead? They had better years than the Rams did last year. I believe the Eagles and Steelers will do well this year. You probably think the Rams won't do well this year, so might as well quit being a "Rams' fan" and move on to another team that's closer to you OR have better records than the Rams did or will have.
    We're here to support and trust the Rams. We may not like what they're doing, but they're professionals and they know more about the players than we do. Let them do their jobs and if we have a better year, great. We're moving forward then. If not, then it's the coaching issue or whatever the front office thinks. Last year was just an unfortunate year with almost every starter out a game or more. I can't wait until football season starts, but I must cheer for the Cardinals (baseball) first
    First off, if anything, I would be a Giants or Jets fan because that's where I grew up. Secondly, you're just being silly.

    P.S.

    Also, feel free to use the scroll bar to go right past my posts and thanks for reading!!!

  9. #24
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,795
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    And besides for Witherspoon- I can't think of a single free agent we signed that has been a positive for this team.
    Donnie Jones although he was a RFA not a FA was a good signing.

    I have to ask you, you make a lot of Abe Vigoda references and Abe is the man, but when you said "Don't call me bro" in another thread was that an Artie Lange reference?

  10. #25
    moloch41 Guest

    Re: What Redskins fans are saying about Caldwell

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Donnie Jones although he was a RFA not a FA was a good signing.
    I stand corrected- Donnie Jones was a heck of a pick up- despite the fact that he was a Line-buddy. Quite sadly was our MVP, IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I have to ask you, you make a lot of Abe Vigoda references and Abe is the man, but when you said "Don't call me bro" in another thread was that an Artie Lange reference?
    Ha ha- I knew I had gotten that from somewhere and I believe it was Artie now that you mention it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

  1. -03-26-2008, 04:08 PM

Similar Threads

  1. J. Thomas Live, 12-27
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-13-2007, 12:56 PM
  3. BernieM on Rams Fans
    By evil disco man in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: -09-09-2006, 11:17 AM
  4. Football Fans
    By UtterBlitz in forum Articles by Utterblitz
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -09-03-2006, 04:20 PM
  5. Awesome Rams Post Game Article (1945)
    By MOM in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -06-21-2006, 06:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •