throwback week

View Poll Results: What should be the Rams' top personnel priority?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB: Bulger's contract means he'll be back, but we need someone for the future.

9 10.47%
  • RB: Even though we just resigned him, Jackson can't stay healthy.

0 0%
  • WR: Holt's time is nearing an end, so we need to find a starter to play opposite of Avery.

1 1.16%
  • TE: McMichael is solid but in a contract year, not much behind him.

0 0%
  • OL: Whether it's at tackle, guard, or center, this unit needs an upgrade.

62 72.09%
  • DL: Long shows fire but we need help inside and to eventually replace Little.

3 3.49%
  • LB: Our poor run defense is in part because of poor LB play, we need help here.

5 5.81%
  • DB: Our corners are average, Atogwe is a free agent, and Chavous is a dead man walking.

5 5.81%
  • K/P: ...I'm at a loss for explaining this one, but I thought I'd put it anyways.

1 1.16%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

What should be this team's biggest personnel priority?

Ignore momentarily that our overall biggest priority should be organizational changes in the front office and coaching staff.

If you had to pick one area of our team that should be the top priority for improvement in 2009, what would you pick?

Doesn't mean we won't improve elsewhere, but what would your top priority be?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: What should be this team's biggest personnel priority?

Oh, Nick ... too difficult a poll for me to pick a reasonable answer, one! Other than the K/P, the choices are too blatant for me, the team is in such agony that any and all would be a viable solution IMHO.

But for poll's sake, I'll go with OL.

PS: I don't see poll results before voting. Just noticed it seems to be our priority among fans right now.
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-16-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: PS

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Ignore momentarily that our overall biggest priority should be organizational changes in the front office and coaching staff.

If you had to pick one area of our team that should be the top priority for improvement in 2009, what would you pick?

Nick good poll but I think this is a no-brainer we must go offensive tackle with the first pick,Pace needs to retire and we will have top replace him.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

This is too much like the general election we just had. No matter who we vote for we still lose.

I vote A-H, inclusive.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I voted for the OL, but they're all pretty much the same. We need help in ALL of them.
    IF i had to rank them I would put,

1:OL (horrible, can't pick up blitzes, doesn't give enough time for Bulger, etc.)

2:LB (We need a true MLB. Witherspoon is getting his butt manhandled. Our outside guys aren't doing too well either.)

3B (Ugh. Chavous is old enough to get the senior discount at IHOP's, we need an upgrade in the corner position, our FS is ok for now, but Atogwe needs to start to learn how to tackle better.)

4:QB (Some QB's can do well behind a average o-line. Others can't. And Bulger is one of those that can't. We need to draft a young guy in here, and develop him to one day take Bulger's spot.

5L (We need a real DT. Someone that can stuff the middle. Little is old, he needs to be replaced.)

6:TE (Our glaring weakness in the redzone is partly because we don't have big guy to throw it to. We need a TE to give Bulger or whoever is behind center a big redzone target, and put some pressure off the WR's.)

7/8:RB & WR. (Our need for a speedy guy that can break loose is great. We need someone that is consistent, and can compliment Jackson's thunder with his lightning. As for WR, we need to replace Holt. I see Burton as our slot reciever, and trading off with Stanley.)

9:K/P. LOL. Maybe instead of K/P, it should be Kick returner, punt returner. We need a guy that has moves, and is elusive. Minor and Looker aren't that.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    Nick good poll but I think this is a no-brainer we must go offensive tackle with the first pick,Pace needs to retire and we will have top replace him.
    Yeah I was about to say it is unfair to just pick one of these but you have to go OT first and then put the new guys in wait maybe if I said it again in bold letters they'll hear me in St. Louis. PUT IN THE YOUNG GUYS!
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    This is too much like the general election we just had. No matter who we vote for we still lose.

I vote A-H, inclusive.
    I wanted to say this weeks ago, but I didn't wanna start any trouble(lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I voted for the OL, but they're all pretty much the same. We need help in ALL of them.
    IF i had to rank them I would put,

1:OL (horrible, can't pick up blitzes, doesn't give enough time for Bulger, etc.)

2:LB (We need a true MLB. Witherspoon is getting his butt manhandled. Our outside guys aren't doing too well either.)

3B (Ugh. Chavous is old enough to get the senior discount at IHOP's, we need an upgrade in the corner position, our FS is ok for now, but Atogwe needs to start to learn how to tackle better.)

4:QB (Some QB's can do well behind a average o-line. Others can't. And Bulger is one of those that can't. We need to draft a young guy in here, and develop him to one day take Bulger's spot.

5L (We need a real DT. Someone that can stuff the middle. Little is old, he needs to be replaced.)

6:TE (Our glaring weakness in the redzone is partly because we don't have big guy to throw it to. We need a TE to give Bulger or whoever is behind center a big redzone target, and put some pressure off the WR's.)

7/8:RB & WR. (Our need for a speedy guy that can break loose is great. We need someone that is consistent, and can compliment Jackson's thunder with his lightning. As for WR, we need to replace Holt. I see Burton as our slot reciever, and trading off with Stanley.)

9:K/P. LOL. Maybe instead of K/P, it should be Kick returner, punt returner. We need a guy that has moves, and is elusive. Minor and Looker aren't that.
    Rock you are starting to sound like me, you just saved me about 2 minutes typing the exact same thing for the 1,000th time. Now people finally agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Rock you are starting to sound like me, you just saved me about 2 minutes typing the exact same thing for the 1,000th time. Now people finally agree with me.
    Glad that we all agree on the same thing.

rammiser is offline Registered User

If in free agency we can get some solid o-lineman then Iwouldnt mind going qb first. Man there are so many needs though like MLB,OL, hell evry position on the field frankly that it's almost impossible to just pick one. I went with o-line because collectively they are the worst unit on the team, and that's bad considering how bad our defense is. You know maybe we should just pick the best players available at a need position which is nearly every position on the field so we should get the best guy out there when we pick.
    Just Fix It

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I like the poll. However, it's impossible for me to ignore the FO and coaching staff since I'm convinced that they are incapable of affecting ANY positive change. Given that, I believe we should work on our DL first.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

btimsah Guest

#1. OL

#2. CB

#3.. Franchise, FUTURE QB.

I'd look at Curtis Painter and/or Sam Bradford if he's available. Both can throw the deep ball, are smart and cool in the pocket. Everything Bulger isn't. Ahem. Painter might have more upside and I say that because I'm an OU fan and I wonder if Bradford may not be a system qb.
    Last edited by btimsah; -11-16-2008 at 09:59 PM.

sjax08 Guest

Dude it's not the players as much as we think. Look at Miami they went 1-15 last year, and now our 6-4 1 game out of the divison lead!!!! They got Parcells and Jeff ireland to be gm, and they have turned this team around. We need to hire someone with exp. and someone who knows what they are doing to be VP of operations, and get a new gm. Our drafts have been pretty terrible. We need a coach who can actually get this team ready to play on sundays.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sjax08 View Post
    Dude it's not the players as much as we think. Look at Miami they went 1-15 last year, and now our 6-4 1 game out of the divison lead!!!! They got Parcells and Jeff ireland to be gm, and they have turned this team around. We need to hire someone with exp. and someone who knows what they are doing to be VP of operations, and get a new gm. Our drafts have been pretty terrible. We need a coach who can actually get this team ready to play on sundays.
    No, we can't wait anymore for players to pan out. We need to just move on with a good coaching staff and GET PLAYERS who can PLAY. To be honest if I'm the Rams I just build the team over around Jackson, Avery, Atogwae, Long and Witherspoon.

1st pick - Michael Crabtree WR

2nd round - Sam Bradford QB
    (he still could be available, but I don't think he'd come out if he thought he'd be this low)

3rd round - big, physical corner.

Use free agency to fill other holes.

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    No, we can't wait anymore for players to pan out. We need to just move on with a good coaching staff and GET PLAYERS who can PLAY. To be honest if I'm the Rams I just build the team over around Jackson, Avery, Atogwae, Long and Witherspoon.

1st pick - Michael Crabtree WR

2nd round - Sam Bradford QB
    (he still could be available, but I don't think he'd come out if he thought he'd be this low)

3rd round - big, physical corner.

Use free agency to fill other holes.

Really.

I would not pick Crabtree with our first pick. Heck no. There are so many other players that could be of more use than Crabtree. Don't get me wrong, Crabtree is a good WR, but I would rather get Lauranaitis, Maualauga,Oher, Smith or even Stafford.
    Brafford is not going to drop to the 2nd. Plus, I would rather get McCoy or Harrell in the 3-4th round.

Big, physical corner? No thanks. I would rather get a guy that can cover. A big, physical guy sounds like a guy we could use as a SS, not a CB. Our cb's can't even cover guys right now, and bringing in a har hitter CB won't help.

Mooselini Guest

This argument about getting a new QB is a pretty good one. I wouldn't take one before the third round.

However, I'm for an OL. Pace keeps getting hurt. Other than getting hurt on a major decline. We need to upgrade it. I see three new starters. Coming from draft and free agency.

MLB is the second pressing need. I would say draft, but I'm all for Maulauga and Laurantis, who will be gone by the time we pick in the second round.

We need a big fat DT to plug the line when it comes to runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    This argument about getting a new QB is a pretty good one. I wouldn't take one before the third round.

However, I'm for an OL. Pace keeps getting hurt. Other than getting hurt on a major decline. We need to upgrade it. I see three new starters. Coming from draft and free agency.

MLB is the second pressing need. I would say draft, but I'm all for Maulauga and Laurantis, who will be gone by the time we pick in the second round.

We need a big fat DT to plug the line when it comes to runs.

Exactly. I have always liked Maualauga, and would have love to see him in a Ram's jersey, but unless we get another 1st round pick in the top 10, we are probably going to get Oher or Smith, or even Monroe.

If by some chance,we boost our o-line with free agency, and trades, then we should pick Maualauga. He would improve our run defense by lots, and then we would need to get a big DT.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast