View Poll Results: What should be the Rams' top personnel priority?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB: Bulger's contract means he'll be back, but we need someone for the future.

9 10.47%
  • RB: Even though we just resigned him, Jackson can't stay healthy.

0 0%
  • WR: Holt's time is nearing an end, so we need to find a starter to play opposite of Avery.

1 1.16%
  • TE: McMichael is solid but in a contract year, not much behind him.

0 0%
  • OL: Whether it's at tackle, guard, or center, this unit needs an upgrade.

62 72.09%
  • DL: Long shows fire but we need help inside and to eventually replace Little.

3 3.49%
  • LB: Our poor run defense is in part because of poor LB play, we need help here.

5 5.81%
  • DB: Our corners are average, Atogwe is a free agent, and Chavous is a dead man walking.

5 5.81%
  • K/P: ...I'm at a loss for explaining this one, but I thought I'd put it anyways.

1 1.16%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: What should be this team's biggest personnel priority?

Fix the O-line, then go back and fix the O-line. After that fix the O-line. And if there's any time and money left over, go fix the O-line.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    ...are will absolutely 100% sure that Barron could not anchor the left side of the line?
    Yes, we are 100% sure of this. I'm not even 100% sure he should keep his job on the right side, given the penalties and his up and down play. He can't stop a bull rush and even struggles with speed rushers. Plus, he's only an average run blocker, has concentration issues, and is generally lacking in motivation.

No more solutions based on hopes and promises. <<<<<<< My new Rams resolution.

RAM55 is offline Registered User

An entirely new defense with the exception of long/carriker/witherspoon. Been a fan since 1972 and have never seen a worse defensive effort

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Ignore momentarily that our overall biggest priority should be organizational changes in the front office and coaching staff.

If you had to pick one area of our team that should be the top priority for improvement in 2009, what would you pick?

Doesn't mean we won't improve elsewhere, but what would your top priority be?
    I agree the O-Line needs strengthening but not at the expense of our Defense. Defense wins championships ... we must stop the opposition putting points on the board that way we can be competitive and give the offense as many chances as possible to get first downs and hopefully score.

I voted DB ... I think we are woeful here .. Fakhir Brown's performance yesterday was dreadful.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Absolutley OL.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

OL, OL, & OL. Then ML, more OL, big DL for the middle, and then a young QB to groom. This is probably the last and final injury that Pace can ever suffer before hanging it up or trying it elsewhere for a year or two if he is rehabbed and traded. This year has shown the need for an overhaul in all areas, but we need it on the OL and DL severely...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Maybe I will get killed for this, but are will absolutely 100% sure that Barron could not anchor the left side of the line? If he could, we could use those early picks on a MLB or other game breaker, and find a new RT a little bit later in the draft.
    I would love it if Barron could transition to our left tackle, I had hoped that was the plan when we drafted him in the first place. He had all last year to show what he could, and I don't remember him showing anything special. Granted the O line is a group, so perhaps with better players around him, he could blossom. I still don't believe his false starts should be factored into whether he is a good lineman or not, we should judge his blocking, hopefully the penalties will eventually go away. Finally, he was a left tackle in college, he was use to being in a left side stance, perhaps we have handicapped him by switching his position. I would not be too upset if we changed it for the rest of this year and put Greco at RT and see what happens. All that being said, we desperately need to do something with this o line and this entire team, and I highly doubt, as much as i wish it, that Barron is the answer.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Fix the O-line, then go back and fix the O-line. After that fix the O-line. And if there's any time and money left over, go fix the O-line.
    Did somebody forget to mention the O-line?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

O-Line for sure. More specifically the CENTER position.

I would like to see Greco and Schuening get a chance to play this season. We don't know if they are any good or not.

We can also hope Setterstrom comes back next season and can stay healthy.

It's unbelievable to me that with all the TE's Linehan brought in we are still in need of one!!!

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

I'd say the entire blocking scheme needs overhauling, so not only the O-Line is singled out here. Jackson and Krieder among other backs and TEs are just as much to blame as our down linemen.

And Bulger needs a long off-season of meditation because he is gaining ground quickly.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'd say the entire blocking scheme needs overhauling, so not only the O-Line is singled out here. Jackson and Krieder among other backs and TEs are just as much to blame as our down linemen.

And Bulger needs a long off-season of meditation because he is gaining ground quickly.
    Great point. about schemes/coaching/other FO responsibilities being almost ,if not equally,as important as players.

Sadly Bulger is the most obvious example of a good player who may well be irreparably ruined by the braintrust's poor performance. And there are probably a number of players who are buried under the crapola that is The Rams organization who may never see the light of day in our colors.

Someone in another thread made the great quip that if The Rams were an animal, it would be put down out of mercy.

I say if The Rams were an animal, the braintrust would be doing time with Michael Vick for criminal negligence & abuse.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Fire the entire front office, then we can begin talking about players.

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Fire the entire front office, then we can begin talking about players.
    I suggest you go back and read the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    "Ignore momentarily that our overall biggest priority should be organizational changes in the front office and coaching staff."

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I voted o-line, as so many others did. I would clarify, though, that although it is the highest priority, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm advocating taking a tackle with the first round pick.

I don't know if anyone could really be said to be pulling their weight around here, but it seems like the middle of the line is weakest. If past drafts are any kind of indication, it's quite possible we could get the best center or guard in the draft in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I voted o-line, as so many others did. I would clarify, though, that although it is the highest priority, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm advocating taking a tackle with the first round pick.

I don't know if anyone could really be said to be pulling their weight around here, but it seems like the middle of the line is weakest. If past drafts are any kind of indication, it's quite possible we could get the best center or guard in the draft in the second round.
    You're absolutely correct. At this stage, Duke Robinson (OG) and Alex Mack (C) are probably the best available at their respective positions. Both are projected as mid to late first round picks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast