View Poll Results: What should be the Rams' top personnel priority?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB: Bulger's contract means he'll be back, but we need someone for the future.

9 10.47%
  • RB: Even though we just resigned him, Jackson can't stay healthy.

0 0%
  • WR: Holt's time is nearing an end, so we need to find a starter to play opposite of Avery.

1 1.16%
  • TE: McMichael is solid but in a contract year, not much behind him.

0 0%
  • OL: Whether it's at tackle, guard, or center, this unit needs an upgrade.

62 72.09%
  • DL: Long shows fire but we need help inside and to eventually replace Little.

3 3.49%
  • LB: Our poor run defense is in part because of poor LB play, we need help here.

5 5.81%
  • DB: Our corners are average, Atogwe is a free agent, and Chavous is a dead man walking.

5 5.81%
  • K/P: ...I'm at a loss for explaining this one, but I thought I'd put it anyways.

1 1.16%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    makersncoke is offline Registered User

Re: What should be this team's biggest personnel priority?

I agree with the O-line followed by a LARGE run stopping D-lineman to clog up the middle and give our linebackers some relief. I would however look to find a new offensive line coach asap, all the talent in the world is no good if they're not coached properly. I truly believe if Hannifan were still here we would not have a third of the problems we are having now. Case in point is Baron, his issues stem from a lack of focus and proper technique all of which could be cured with some proper coaching. This guy is as big as a house and has the disposition of an angry pit bull, with his god given talent he should be a pro-bowler instead of the most penalized offensive lineman in the league.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Now that we have an overwhelming majority voting for OL - it would be interesting to know exactly how many offensive lineman have been on and off the roster in the last 5 - 6 seasons.

I know it is alot....might be enough for 3 full offensive lines.

Yeah, we need ANOTHER upgrade with the OL.

Yet, I wonder why they can't seem to get it fixed no matter how many guys they bring in.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I voted MLB. The way I look at it is that OL needs some serious help, but we have some young guys waiting in the wings (Fry, Greco, Schuening) Not saying that they are the answer, but mabye they could help us close up a couple of holes. What we really need though is a true MLB. We have gone for years without a big bodided guy in the middle, and it has hurt us. So as far as I am concerned, we can draft every future pro-bowl lineman in this draft, but if we can't get off the field on defense and stop the other team from scoring points then it doesn't mean a thing. All the really good teams this year are powered by dominant defenses, the offense comes later.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Now that we have an overwhelming majority voting for OL - it would be interesting to know exactly how many offensive lineman have been on and off the roster in the last 5 - 6 seasons.

I know it is alot....might be enough for 3 full offensive lines.

Yeah, we need ANOTHER upgrade with the OL.

Yet, I wonder why they can't seem to get it fixed no matter how many guys they bring in.
    This is quite a concern, Ferter put the quarter in the gum ball machine.maybe we need a What Hasslett can bring in next year........A NEW COACHING STAFF. And GEt CHIP out of there. Do we really need another bozo who knows nothing about football owning the team? Look at what the niners kid is doing over there. He is working on taking that team someday and he is working hard at it.What has good old CHIP been doing, talking to the cript kee
    per (SHAW).This team needs an overhaul makeover. maybe them two people on TLC can help!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234