Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

What are some option for Spags OC?

Who are some of the OC's that would be a good fit with Spags?

Maybe Jason Garrett was a possibility? He seems to have a fairly balanced attack. I am not sure that he is not a little predictable from al the stuff that I have read about what the players including Romo has said about him. I think he might cost more then Spags which would not work.

Gruden is now a possibility but I think he is to fresh out of coaching and having an experienced head coach looking over your shoulder especially a strong willed one is not a good situation. I think he might cost more then Spags which would not work.

Martz will always come up and I think he has been out of the HC buisness long enough that he is no longer a HC threat. But I am not sure that would work with the style offense I see Spags wanting.

I doubt any of these three are real possiblities. So does anyone else have reasonable alternatives for OC?
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-17-2009 at 05:16 PM.

JimmyG37 is offline Registered User

Re: What are some option for Spags OC?

I looked at the Giants and Eagles coaching staffs, and a couple names that stuck out were Chris Palmer and Pat Shurmur were names that came to mind. Palmer has been in the NFL for years, most recently as QB coach for the Giants. Shurmur has been the Eagles QB coach for the past 7 seasons, and is the son of the late Fritz Shurmur.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Chris Palmer is the only specific name I've heard rumblings about specifically as an OC option for Spags.

Bernie is saying Garrett is not going to be the OC. There's really no reason for it. Sources indicate that Jerry Jones is willing to part with TO in Dallas in order to keep Garrett.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-17-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    But I am not sure that would work with the style offense I see Spags wanting.
    What syle of offense do you see him wanting?

What's the guy's offensive philosophy? Do you happen to know?

Lot of unknowns on offense when hiring a guy that has always been on the defensive coaching side.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Garrett's making 3 mil a year in Dallas as OC. We're not going to pay him that much and he's a one dimensional guy. I hear there's this up and coming young coordinator named Linehan who's looking for work.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    What syle of offense do you see him wanting?

What's the guy's offensive philosophy? Do you happen to know?

Lot of unknowns on offense when hiring a guy that has always been on the defensive coaching side.

I am not sure what type of offense he would want. My guess would probably be a more ball control type offense that utilizes our main strength Steven Jackson. I would think being a good defensive guy he would want an offense that wins the time of possession battle instead of the type that goes for shootouts and puts the ball in the air the majority of the time. Martz offense has never been about time of possession.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

If Jax gets injured, he'll go with the pass. If Bulger gets injured, he'll go with the run. This is just the way defensive guys think when it comes to their options on offense.

keith m. klink Guest

Chris Palmer - OC

Henry Ellard - WR's coach

Marshall Faulk - RB's coach

Pat shermer - QB's coach

Jerry Gray - DB's coach

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I have heard some good things about Rob Chudzinski when he was the OC at Cleveland. His offense put up some decent numbers in '07 and probably would have this year if not for a bunch of injuries.

WHAT SAY YE?

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Garrett's making 3 mil a year in Dallas as OC. We're not going to pay him that much and he's a one dimensional guy. I hear there's this up and coming young coordinator named Linehan who's looking for work.
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense that he'd come as their OC now, since he makes more as an OC in Dallas than Spags will make as the Rams Head Coach.

I don't get the one dimensional comment however.

Linehan has a job offer from the forty-niners to be their OC, so he has work if he wants it.

As for guys to keep on eye on, I agree with the Chris Palmer comments. He would seem very likely, though he's kind of been a Coughlin guy and who knows if he and Spags share a trust too. He coordinated some very good offenses for Coughlin in Jacksonville, though some pretty ugly ones too in Houston for Capers.

If Palmer happens, do not be surprised to see David Carr brought in as a free agent as well to be the backup QB and possibly push Bulger for the starting job.

I'd like to see him bring in Rob Chudzinski, but I don't know if they even know each other.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Marshall Fault for OC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

RAMPAGE! is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    Marshall Fault for OC.

We all love Marshall but whether or not he could coach his way out of a wet paper bag on a rainy day is yet to be seen. But I could definately see him at a lower level coaching position, say running backs coach?

jagaf22 is offline Registered User

I'd like to see Jeff Jagodzinski considered. He served as an offensive cordinator for the Packers and held numerous other positions before becoming Boston College head coach. We all know he's available after interviewing for the Jets job.

evil is offline Registered User

Spags was linked to Shurmur last year when he was interviewing for HC'ing jobs so that name could come up again. Andy Reid is also very high on Shurmur and thinks he'll make a great OC and said he would not stand in his way if he gets an opportunity.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    I don't get the one dimensional comment however.
    He's very pass-happy. I work with a Cowboys fan and it used to drive him nuts. It seemed like 95% of their plays were just having everyone go deep and I think that contributed to the amount of turnovers they had. When you have 3rd and short, which a monster line like they had and a big back like Barber and you're throwing deep down the field, it just didn't make a lot of sense. He's been criticized widely for it and I would have to agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast