View Poll Results: What is the style of the 2006 Rams?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The GSOT Continues - the Rams are still a high-flying offensive team

0 0%
  • GSOT-light: Under Linehan, offense is still the key, but a bit more conservative

1 4.76%
  • Holy cow, we're a running team now!

1 4.76%
  • Forget the offense, the D is the key. Low-scoring on both sides of the ball.

3 14.29%
  • The word is AGGRESSIVE. Aggressive on offense. Blitzing on D. That's the style.

10 47.62%
  • The Rams are a team without an identity and will continue to be in 2006.

5 23.81%
  • Crane Style. If done correctly, no can defend, Daniel-san.

1 4.76%
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What style of team will the Rams be this year?

The media still wants to portray the Rams as a pass-happy, weak defense team like the 2004-05 squads. Do you think this still accurately describes the Rams?

What style of team do we have?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: What style of team will the Rams be this year?

Ask us again in a month or two and we'll have a better understanding; what our true identity is seems to be a mystery. It was a toss up between GSOT-Light and Aggressive, but i voted GSOT-Light.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Well, I predict that (hopefully) we'll be AGGRESSIVE.

It's something we've lacked for a long time on defense, and sure we're still a high-powered offense, but we'll be even more aggressive in the red-zone with two TE's receiving.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

LMU93 Guest

The defense will be better- middle-of-the-pack but not top 10. It will keep us in almost every game we play.

The offense may take a step back early on as they feel their way into the new scheme and becoming more of a balanced offense. But assuming But they should be a top 8 offense.

We should all start getting used to more 20-17 games and fewer 34-31 games.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

This is an interesting question.

I won't say GSOT, because honestly, that show folded it's tent a few years ago. "Greatest show on turf" means you're a dangerous, point producing machine, and I haven't seen that from the Rams since their last Superbowl appearance. I's been in a slow decline ever since, so I think it's safe to pronounce the "show"....cancelled. :\

"soft team"? ...until they prove otherwise, I'd say yes. ..and this is the label I hate most. Soft, and football don't fit well together, but frankly, I think the Rams have been soft since the Martz era. Gawd I miss the days of a strong Rams defense, and we have to go way back to remember then. The Lovie days were good, but what I wouldn't give to have a new version of the fearsome foursome.

Let's hope the Rams establish an identity this year that is not soft. Remember, Ram tough? Well, anyway, I'm getting ready for preseason game #4 in about 45 minutes. GO Rams! :r
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -08-31-2006 at 07:22 PM.

RamsFan16 Guest

The word is AGGRESSIVE. Aggressive on offense. Blitzing on D. That's the style.

RamOfDenmark Guest

Alright I confess, I'm the guy that picked "Crane Style". It was an irresistibly humourous option.

"Man walk on road. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk down middle, sooner or later, get squished just like grape. Same here. You karate do yes, or karate do no. You karate do guess so, just like grape. Understand?" (Miyagi)

SFCRamFan Guest

Honestly, I said no identity. However, I don't really believe that it will last all season. I think that, much like Miami last season, it will be a slow start due to a learning curve. I think that they will adjust and pick it up as the season progresses. But right now, they just seem to lack an identity because they either don't fully grasp the new systems on O & D yet, or they are holding on begrudgingly to the old ways. Like I said earlier, this will change as the season moves on. I just don't see us starting too well, but I envision us finishing well.

Truth is offline Registered User

I chose "No Identity" as well. I was hoping to see something from the Rams in Pre-season. I didn't really care how many games we won or lost. I just wanted to se an aggressive attitude. The only attitude I saw from our 1st team offense was apathy. I hope SFC is right, and our team will develop an identity by the end of the season.

It's always hard to tell how good a team will be in pre-season. I just hope what we've seen so far is not indicative of what's in store in the regular season.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I think the D will rise to the challenge. The offense is going to take some time to get in rhythm. The defense will set the tone this year.

I fore see the team going back in time, back to the days of Youngblood (Little), Reynolds ( Tinoisamoa/Witherspoon), and Cromwell ( Chavous); when we had just enough offense to get it done (Though we have better talent now), and had All Pro kickers named Corral & Landsford(Willkins) who were on target.

I think we will be a scrappy team, hopefully hungry for a division title.

A team similar to the RAMS of the late 70's, early 80's. A tougher team that well get better as the season rolls on. A team, that will challenge it's foes and rise above the perils of it's former self. A team, that will full fill it's destiny, and shun all those who stand in their way.

LET"S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, had a few. I think we'll go 10-6. :x

Note: Comparisons to former RAM greats in no way implies they are as good or better than their predecessors.
    Last edited by RAMMAN68; -08-31-2006 at 11:57 PM. Reason: been drinking :)
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

norcalramfan Guest

they need to become hostile!! i wan't that d to become an intimidator out there. the problem with this team starts with attitude. we are sooo.. vanilla the past three seasons. we need the blood! to come to st louis and show them what it takes!
    Last edited by norcalramfan; -09-01-2006 at 06:19 PM.

thoey is offline Registered User

Searching for an identity. Hopefully they find it sooner than later. But, we all should have expected this when there was a wholesale change in management.

It's okay to rebuild as long as there is a destination in sight...
    This space for rent...

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Ball control will be our theme this year on offense. we'll eat up the clock on the ground jamming the ball between the tackles and Bulger will dump off to TE's on 3rd & short to lessen the hits on his fragile frame. aggresive multi-blitzing D to distrupt the pass timing to our small, soft(i hate that word)Db's that bite alot on fakes. our D will also have to keep the score close till Bulger gets over his stink in the red.

norcalramfan Guest

ball control and Defense got us seven straight division titles. getting further takes an understanding of when to take risks!