View Poll Results: What team scares you the most in the playoffs?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles

2 7.41%
  • 49er's

3 11.11%
  • Saints

4 14.81%
  • Pack

5 18.52%
  • Bears

6 22.22%
  • Tampa

7 25.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What team???

RamWraith is offline Registered User

What team???

What team scares you the most in the playoffs??

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Eagles....?

Yes the Eagles. They have a D that can rise up and bite you, and you never know how hot McNabb can get.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    the eagles game is misleading, both teams played like crap.

Tampa Bay isn't that great and may or may not make the playoffs, but they are now the one thorn in the rams side...
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

thoey is offline Registered User

Whiners...

I know we have owned them so far this season, but I always worry about a cat when it is cornered...
    This space for rent...

Warner13 is offline Registered User

Steelers

I know i have said this many times before but the team taht scares me the most are the steelers. Kordell has stepped it up this year and with betis getting some rest cuz of his groin he will be somewhat fresh for the playoffs

oh well mabey i am crazy:wiseman:
    Rams Rule
    You cant do nothin about it either
    :lid:

Atlas is offline Registered User
    Bristol Tennessee, but I wish I were in Germany.
    The Niners and the Packers in the NFC pose the biggest threat, but only because the Saints might not make it.

In the AFC, it's the Steelers. No on else in the AFC will stand a chance.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

Shale is offline Registered User
    T.B. definately scares me the most...their defense is the one that matches up the best against us. They absolutely dominate our offensive line...

The Pack would be tough if they got home field advantage (which they won't :: wink :: ) If we had to go up there in the middle of the winter I think we would be in trouble.

I agree with Atlas though, our toughest matchup (position by position) might just be with the Steelers.

The good news is that I don't think there is a team in the league that can beat us if we protect the ball and don't let them stay in the game with turnovers.
    </shale>

RamWraith is offline Registered User

AGREE

I agree with the Tampa thing...they are going to always give the Rams 120% just because of 1999

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    I just don't want the Whiners in it. So it scares me that they might get lucky.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

I'm not sure Tampa will make it, so I didn't include them. You shouldn't either. Them making the playoffs is unlikely with some tough games ahead.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

Shale is offline Registered User
    if T.B. didn't get in the game...it would be fine by me :: wink ::
    </shale>

hank0066 is offline Registered User

Cool teams to fear the most come playoff time

Teams to fear at playoff time:

1) Tampa Bay - they match up well defensively with the Rams - Martz needs to consistently utilize extra protection from Conwell or one of the backs in order to provide Warner with time to complete passes against the Tampa "D".

2) Saints - the Rams need to avoid mistakes against this team. Turnovers at either end of the field, as occured Monday night, keep the Saints alive.

3) Steelers - Although the Steelers play a 3-4 'D' they also play man to man Defense. I believe the Rams can expose the Pittsburg Defense like no other team can (Isaac and Tory will return to 99 form against man to man coverage). The Ram 'D' has good speed and this will also assist them in reducing the effectiveness of Pittsburg's offense. Superbowl (Rams 31 - Steelers 16).

Go Rams!

P.S. Warner looks like his old self again - feeling alot more confident than I was after the loss to the Saints.

:shield:

I wouldn't underestimate the Steeler secondary. They're a lot faster then you think. If the Rams WRs beat the Steeler D, it will be skill Vs Skill. Speed won't play as much of a role as most Ram games.

{Vince Lombardi}

hank0066 is offline Registered User
    Good point about the Steelers "D". I think they are ranked No. 1 for a reason and I think their ranking this year, as well as past years, proves they are an exceptional "D" (I didn't intend to give the impression that I underestimate the skill of the Steelers "D").

However, if Warner is given time he is extremely accurate and I think receiver speed is deadly when you isolate it on man coverage. It goes without saying that the Steelers corners are gifted and we all know the Rams receivers are as well. However, when man coverage exists a receiver has a significant opportunity to increase yards after the catch as opposed to making catches in a 7 man defensive zone. The key will be whether or not the Rams properly protect Warner (blindsided hits as he has experienced in other games often result in turnovers and can easily be the difference in any game).

Other than the Chiefs and Vikes the Steelers having really faced a vertical passing attacking team and these teams aren't exactly of the Rams Calibre with 7 or is it 8 wins between them.

I think it works to the Rams advantage that the Steelers haven't seen a team such as the Niners, Saints or Packers this year.

Go Rams!!!!

P.S. The Steelers haven't had the toughest schedule but the '99 Rams would likely say who cares (pretty easy schedule in '99).

:shield:

The key to the Steelers Defense isn't the corners. They're way above average, but not the greatest. The key is the defensive front line. They ARE great. Massive. They are among the best at causing pressure, which is what I think would cause the Rams the most trouble. Corners are only are good as the front line.

The Rams would have to run Marshall a lot by controlling themselves and maintaining patience.The Mighty Rams passing attack will have to be mostly a rushing attack. The Steelers WILL get sacks and WILL hit Warner. The Rams need to except that and then they can better maintain composer and be ready to take advantage when the chance arises.

I believe this is the one game Martz would have to just step back and let his players play. He tends to get a bit impatient if the "big play" doesn't pop up once every five or six plays. This game won't be won just by points but by time of possession.

{Vince Lombardi}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast