Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Josh Guest

What to watch For: week 1 Eagles Offense Vs Rams Offense

I think that as far as the eagles go, we can match up with them in alot of ways.

QB. Marc Bulger Vs Donavon Mcnabb

Marc Bulger has Better recievers to throw to. although Mcnabb Has not always had the Biggest name recievers he has been really succesful when he is healthy. but how long will this last? I think with Good o-line Play Marc Bulger will be able to get the ball to our recievers and we shouldnt have a problem in the passing game. Kevin Curtis wont play for the eagles. I think that is a huge blow for them and It will show.

RB. Steven Jackson Vs Brian Westbrooke

This will be the best match up of the day by far, seeing which of these runners who both got big deals this preseason will do. As far as Quickness goes, Brian might have the edge, But Steven Jackson Is a Power Runner who will Run Over anybody at any time. I expect our Fast Defense to be able to Atleast Contain Brian and Limit his Big Plays.

WR. Torry Holt and Drew bennett Vs Hank Baskett and Michael lewis

The smart Pick here is the Rams. but alot will have to do with how much Time Both marc and Donavon Have In the Pocket. Donavon Can scrammble around and well marc can just Move around a little but. If we can Rush the Passer and Contain Brian westbooke, then I think we will win. Torry Holt is The best Route runner in the game, and will most Likely Be covered By Asante Samuel. This Matchup will be key, But I expect the Future Hall of Famer Torry to school asante. Drew Vs Lito Sheppard is a little bit different though. Drew will Have to hit his routes and be perfect and CATCH the football If he expects to have a good game. Hank Baskett is a Decent wide reciever in this Leauge, But the rams Have Been known for helping out these small Name Players, I think we will do better against the pass in this game. Michael Lewis who will be covered by Tye Hill has the hight advantage, But I have Learned to Never count out the Small Guy. Overall I expect a good game on Both sides of the ball. with that being sais, I think the Rams will win this game...

34-20
    Last edited by Josh; -08-22-2008 at 12:23 AM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: What to watch For: week 1 Eagles Offense Vs Rams Offense

Hmmm. This is some post you got here.

I havent heard much news, if any at all on the Eagle's defense, if they improved or not. I hope your score is accurate. It would be nice.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

The Eagles defense is always good and Jim Johnson is never caught on the sideline looking fiery and confused. They're going to be after Bulger all day long. And if Pace is still struggling, expect Johnson to send extra blitzers his way.

As for the Eagles receivers- you've forgotten that Westbrook is one of their best and I'm not sure if any of our corners- minus Hill possibly- can stay with him. Reggie Brown is looking good in the preseason and from what I've seen of Jackson so far, he makes everyone else on the field look like their standing still. If Haslett insists on laying back, we're going to be in for a long day. Yes, the Eagles might not have hall of fame recievers, but either did the Falcons last year when Haslett laid off and Chris Redman picked us apart.

Josh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    The Eagles defense is always good and Jim Johnson is never caught on the sideline looking fiery and confused. They're going to be after Bulger all day long. And if Pace is still struggling, expect Johnson to send extra blitzers his way.

As for the Eagles receivers- you've forgotten that Westbrook is one of their best and I'm not sure if any of our corners- minus Hill possibly- can stay with him. Reggie Brown is looking good in the preseason and from what I've seen of Jackson so far, he makes everyone else on the field look like their standing still. If Haslett insists on laying back, we're going to be in for a long day. Yes, the Eagles might not have hall of fame recievers, but either did the Falcons last year when Haslett laid off and Chris Redman picked us apart.
    Have Faith My Friend. we will be Ok.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I think that as far as the eagles go, we can match up with them in alot of ways.

QB. Marc Bulger Vs Donavon Mcnabb

Marc Bulger has Better recievers to throw to. although Mcnabb Has not always had the Biggest name recievers he has been really succesful when he is healthy. but how long will this last? I think with Good o-line Play Marc Bulger will be able to get the ball to our recievers and we shouldnt have a problem in the passing game. Kevin Curtis wont play for the eagles. I think that is a huge blow for them and It will show.

RB. Steven Jackson Vs Brian Westbrooke

This will be the best match up of the day by far, seeing which of these runners who both got big deals this preseason will do. As far as Quickness goes, Brian might have the edge, But Steven Jackson Is a Power Runner who will Run Over anybody at any time. I expect our Fast Defense to be able to Atleast Contain Brian and Limit his Big Plays.

WR. Torry Holt and Drew bennett Vs Hank Baskett and Michael lewis

The smart Pick here is the Rams. but alot will have to do with how much Time Both marc and Donavon Have In the Pocket. Donavon Can scrammble around and well marc can just Move around a little but. If we can Rush the Passer and Contain Brian westbooke, then I think we will win. Torry Holt is The best Route runner in the game, and will most Likely Be covered By Asante Samuel. This Matchup will be key, But I expect the Future Hall of Famer Torry to school asante. Drew Vs Lito Sheppard is a little bit different though. Drew will Have to hit his routes and be perfect and CATCH the football If he expects to have a good game. Hank Baskett is a Decent wide reciever in this Leauge, But the rams Have Been known for helping out these small Name Players, I think we will do better against the pass in this game. Michael Lewis who will be covered by Tye Hill has the hight advantage, But I have Learned to Never count out the Small Guy. Overall I expect a good game on Both sides of the ball. with that being sais, I think the Rams will win this game...

34-20

It would be HUGE, and I mean HUGE, shock if we score 34 points on the Eagles. We couldn't do that in the GSOT days, nonetheless now. The injuries have left us with a suspect line again, a QB with little confidence, we just got our starting RB into camp, and we have injuries in our secondary. I think we can win this game, but our defense will win it for us if we do, not our offense, which will likely struggle for a few weeks, something typical anytime Saunders takes over ...

Josh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    It would be HUGE, and I mean HUGE, shock if we score 34 points on the Eagles. We couldn't do that in the GSOT days, nonetheless now. The injuries have left us with a suspect line again, a QB with little confidence, we just got our starting RB into camp, and we have injuries in our secondary. I think we can win this game, but our defense will win it for us if we do, not our offense, which will likely struggle for a few weeks, something typical anytime Saunders takes over ...
    The one thing that comes to my mind is... You're probably Right. However, I think anything can happen, and I also think we will be in for a Nice surprise this year.

Rams!

btimsah Guest

Mcnabb, even on a bad day, against this Rams defense will have a field day. With what I see on our defense, we'll focus on stopping Mcnabb and give up some big runs. Then we'll focus on stopping the run and give up some big passes. Bulger will be harassed and abused all game from our woefully unprepared and OUT OF SHAPE offensive line. This is why they get hurt all the time - their out of shape.

We'll be chasing the Eagles all game and end up in like a 31-13 loss. We'll all be on here crying and yelling for Linehans head. Me included.

(This is the most disheartening and yet, HONEST opinion I can give of such a game).

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Mcnabb, even on a bad day, against this Rams defense will have a field day. With what I see on our defense, we'll focus on stopping Mcnabb and give up some big runs. Then we'll focus on stopping the run and give up some big passes. Bulger will be harassed and abused all game from our woefully unprepared and OUT OF SHAPE offensive line. This is why they get hurt all the time - their out of shape.

We'll be chasing the Eagles all game and end up in like a 31-13 loss. We'll all be on here crying and yelling for Linehans head. Me included.

(This is the most disheartening and yet, HONEST opinion I can give of such a game).
    Wow, what a pessimist ...

One, name one game that McNabb has played against us where he had a field day. You can't, because he's never had one.

Two, saying our offensive line is out of shape is a huge assumption to which you have no proof. Out of shape injuries are pulled hamstrings and strained calves, these are no affecting our line. But you are right, Romberg broke his hand because he is out of shape ....

31-13 ... you have really provided no valid basis for such a score ...

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Wow, what a pessimist ...

One, name one game that McNabb has played against us where he had a field day. You can't, because he's never had one.

Two, saying our offensive line is out of shape is a huge assumption to which you have no proof. Out of shape injuries are pulled hamstrings and strained calves, these are no affecting our line. But you are right, Romberg broke his hand because he is out of shape ....

31-13 ... you have really provided no valid basis for such a score ...
    Dude we were 3-13 last year. The score that I just gave is a little more reasonable than the other way around.

YodaRam Guest

Good post, Josh! I like your optimism! But from what i've seen so far from this Rams team and the fact that S.J. is just now getting to camp, even if we start looking progressively better in the last two pre-season games i would be thrilled to "escape" from Philly with a "W"! That would be a huge boost to kick off a first half schedule that is daunting on paper!

RAM ON!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I see this game as more of a defensive battle. That's right "DEFENSIVE" battle.

The Eagles offense took a huge blow when Kevin Curtis went down. He was their leading Wide Receiver last season. Now Reggie Brown coming off his best season (61 rec/780 yds) becomes the #1. Donovan McNabb goes to his tightends alot, that will be more prominent especially with Curtis out. So the key in my mind is for our defense to cover the obvious Brian Westbrook (ala Superbowl XXXVI, Pats holding Faulk all game) and force McNabb to look elsewhere. The Eagles receivers are nothing special and I believe our defense is up to the task. Again, If we contain Westbrook (which is a big IF) look for the Eagles tightends to see a lot of action.

The Eagles have one of the best if not the best Defensive Coordinators in the NFL in Jimmy Johnson. They have a solid defense especially in the secondary.
    Marc Bulger will be under alot of pressure all game. The dink and dunk with Jackson and McMichael is what I'm expecting.

Our RAMS team is changing in that our defense is going to have to keep us in games. (That's just my opinion)

My predicition is that this will be a low scoring defensive battle that we will win on a last second field goal by Josh Brown.

RAMS 16
    Eagles 14

1-0 yooooohoooo!!

Wolf is offline Registered User

Reggie Brown isn't guranteed to enter this game healthy with a lingering hamstring injury. So at best the Eagles could lineup a banged up Reggie Brown and Desean Jackson. I think Desean Jackson would prove as the only threat, but let's consider the fact his size. As a starting WR in that game, he would be constantly tested with jams. In the pre-season so far, he has faced 2nd and 3rd stringers. Yes, he has break away speed, but if he is constantly jammed hard by a guy like Fahkir or Hill, I don't see him running his routes effectively.

curleyski is offline Registered User

i think this game will be a good one that the rams could possibly win if everyone is on the same page. marc bulger has to be protected and our PLAYCALLING on both offense and defense must be above average! i hate when it seems teams figure us out on every play we have. another thing that sticks in my mind, we sometime have a tendacy for letting "no-name" players look like hall of famers against us and that drives me crazy!! 3rd string qb's looking like kurt warner, 3rd string recievers (or lower) looking like issac bruce,. i am very optimistic about this year, we have a lot of the right personnel but lets not fall back into anything of the past. this is my rant, go rams for a win and 10-6 year seeing how everybody picks us to finish last. i HATED seeing issac in that sorry a$$ whiner uni, it made me turn off the tv!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

If we can put the hurt on McNabb early and often then our Db's will shine like the sun(3 INT's). Our front four need to be downright physical throughout the game. I sure hope that Long is ready cause they'll be testing him 1st. But Haslette should have some run packages to help out on his side. As for the O?... I'm like Linny. I don't have a clue.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I see this game as more of a defensive battle. That's right "DEFENSIVE" battle.

The Eagles offense took a huge blow when Kevin Curtis went down. He was their leading Wide Receiver last season. Now Reggie Brown coming off his best season (61 rec/780 yds) becomes the #1. Donovan McNabb goes to his tightends alot, that will be more prominent especially with Curtis out. So the key in my mind is for our defense to cover the obvious Brian Westbrook (ala Superbowl XXXVI, Pats holding Faulk all game) and force McNabb to look elsewhere. The Eagles receivers are nothing special and I believe our defense is up to the task. Again, If we contain Westbrook (which is a big IF) look for the Eagles tightends to see a lot of action.

The Eagles have one of the best if not the best Defensive Coordinators in the NFL in Jimmy Johnson. They have a solid defense especially in the secondary.
    Marc Bulger will be under alot of pressure all game. The dink and dunk with Jackson and McMichael is what I'm expecting.

Our RAMS team is changing in that our defense is going to have to keep us in games. (That's just my opinion)

My predicition is that this will be a low scoring defensive battle that we will win on a last second field goal by Josh Brown.

RAMS 16
    Eagles 14

1-0 yooooohoooo!!

I hope, with the arrival of Saunders, that the wr screens and 3 yard outs are a thing of the past. After a rather long consultation with the football gods, I say, SJ and Westbrook cancel each other out. McMichael gets a touchdown, another cheap one for them .....

Rams win 20-14 on TWO Josh Brown field goals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast