Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: What to watch For: week 1 Eagles Offense Vs Rams Offense

Thank you wolf, for finally mentioning that Brown has a bad hammy and it seems that he'll be iffy at best for the week 1 game. Desean Jackson is a rookie, but has looked good, but of course, again, it's preseason. Baskett and Lewis are perennial underachievers considering they continue to get chances but don't do much with them other than be role players.

Suffice it to say, we'll be playing the "B" team of receivers, which helps. It means we can focus on what's important, containing McNabb and stopping Westbrook.

As for the Eagles defense, I didn't think Lito Sheppard was starting, because in addition to Samuel, they also have Sheldon Brown as a starting corner. So, Lito will be on Avery most of the time, which makes sense because they're both fast, and I'd give Lito the advantage because of the experience factor. As for Brown, the same thing applies to Bennett. He needs to keep his hands on the ball and make the catches. Holt can do well, and especially if they throw some double moves on Samuel, he'll try jumping the route and can be outplayed.

It'll be close, but with Jackson back on the field I hope we're balanced enough to bring home a win.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm expecting more of a low scoring game focused on the runners in this one. As mentioned, the Eagles' lone star in the receiving corps will be Westbrook. Meanwhile, the Rams might not feel the need to test one of the league's better secondaries too often, especially if Bulger gets off to a trademark slow start or if Pace isn't at 100% yet. The safe move would be to let the o-line do what they love to do and run block. Run it right up the gut against DTs Patterson (in his 4th pro season) and Bunkley (3rd year pro), MLB Stewart Bradley (2nd year pro), and SLB Chris Gocong (3rd year pro). SS Quintin Mikell looks like the weak link in the secondary, so it'd make sense to get McMichael involved in the game plan when we do pass.

Wolf is offline Registered User

I think McMichael could have a good game against the Eagles. I also think if we can get Dawkins one on one with one of our speedsters, we can exploit him like the Steelers did with Holmes.

Personally, if we can hit McNabb often and contain Westbrook, we could be set.

ram3057 is offline Registered User

Just like every game, we need to keep the Eagle offense on the sidelines. I have yet to see (in this preseason, anyway) that we can do this. The thing that most concerns me (so far this year) is our starting field position.

Dante Hall hasn't shown me that he still has it with KO returns.

Curtis going down is a big plus for us, but keeping McNabb in the pocket is easier said than done. He makes almost all of his plays on the run.

The RAMS D really needs to keep him in check. Keeping him off the field is one way to do it.

GO RAMS!!!
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ram3057 View Post
    but keeping McNabb in the pocket is easier said than done. He makes almost all of his plays on the run.

The RAMS D really needs to keep him in check. Keeping him off the field is one way to do it.

GO RAMS!!!

Couple of good shots from Witherspoon would do it too!

shower beers is offline Registered User

Bulger is really going to have to clean up his INTS when he's throwing against arguably the best CB tandem in the league now, with Samuel and Sheppard.

We can't make any mistakes if we plan on squeaking by with a win, so the game is dependent on our o-line keeping the pressure off Bulger, in my opinion.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The Eagles have one of the best if not the best Defensive Coordinators in the NFL in Jimmy Johnson.

Don't let the Iggle fans hear you calling him that- they'll crucify you. That's too close to a Cowboy reference for them. They make it a point to call him JIM Johnson.

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

If the Rams offense can actually hold onto the ball for decent periods of times, then the defense should have no problem really.

That was the problem last year. Our defense was on the field way too long. Longer than any other team. Of course they are going to get tired. If we can score some points and run the ball down their throats, we'll be fine IMO.

But, that's easier said than done.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

On a side note, another match-up/ comparison we can keep our eyes on are Desean Jackson and Donnie Avery. Not just from a statistical view, but how well they flow in and out of their cuts, hands, and blocking. If Avery plays better than Desean, a small sigh of relief can be let out, knowing our FO made the right choice on Draft day. Just a thought, nothing to serious.

btimsah Guest

It would be cool if we could actually score some touchdowns in week 1. I think, at this point, that's all I want to see. I don't care if our defense falls apart - I almost expect that. I just want us to be able to score.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ram3057 View Post
    Just like every game, we need to keep the Eagle offense on the sidelines. I have yet to see (in this preseason, anyway) that we can do this. The thing that most concerns me (so far this year) is our starting field position.

Dante Hall hasn't shown me that he still has it with KO returns.

Curtis going down is a big plus for us, but keeping McNabb in the pocket is easier said than done. He makes almost all of his plays on the run.

GO RAMS!!!

Was the 26.0 yards per kickoff return that Hall got last year not good enough for you?

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by curleyski View Post
    i think this game will be a good one that the rams could possibly win if everyone is on the same page. marc bulger has to be protected and our PLAYCALLING on both offense and defense must be above average! i hate when it seems teams figure us out on every play we have. another thing that sticks in my mind, we sometime have a tendacy for letting "no-name" players look like hall of famers against us and that drives me crazy!! 3rd string qb's looking like kurt warner, 3rd string recievers (or lower) looking like issac bruce,. i am very optimistic about this year, we have a lot of the right personnel but lets not fall back into anything of the past. this is my rant, go rams for a win and 10-6 year seeing how everybody picks us to finish last. i HATED seeing issac in that sorry a$$ whiner uni, it made me turn off the tv!
    I agree with that 100%! I HATE THE FACT THAT it seems like we are the weakest team in the league and everyone is out to get us, I HATE THE FACT that no name players have a field day against us ( jacob hester and quinton ganther from the chargers and titans respectively) that drives me NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Don't let the Iggle fans hear you calling him that- they'll crucify you. That's too close to a Cowboy reference for them. They make it a point to call him JIM Johnson.
    YES, for true dude. Jim Johnson and Jimmy Johnson are two different people.

[quote=shower beers;239461]Bulger is really going to have to clean up his INTS when he's throwing against arguably the best CB tandem in the league now, with Samuel and Sheppard.

Whats up with all those INT's anyway? It sucks to see a veteran QB like Marc Bulger who is in his 6th or 7th year ( I think) to be making silly INT's against 2nd string defenses. Everytime he throws an INT it makes me SICK, because it always hurts our team and our chances of winning.

Josh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    I agree with that 100%! I HATE THE FACT THAT it seems like we are the weakest team in the league and everyone is out to get us, I HATE THE FACT that no name players have a field day against us ( jacob hester and quinton ganther from the chargers and titans respectively) that drives me NUTS!
    jacob hester was a huge name player in college. you Have to respect that dude, He can run over anybody. It is crazy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast