throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Question What will be acceptable from the Clan

Last season the Rams finished 6-10. It was a very tough season with all the Mike Martz illness and front office issues. Marc Bulger missed 8 games, Ike missed 5 games, Holt missed 2 games, Little missed 2 games and Jackson missed 1 game all due to injuries.

Everyone wanted Marmie's head.....well he's gone.

We all know about all the changes the Rams have made during the offseason coming into 2006. What are we going to consider acceptable from Linehan during his rookie season as far as wins and losses go?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: What will be acceptable from the Clan

Here's how I see it.

The Rams have lost some tough games against quality opponents. They probably should have more wins right now, but there are some who would argue that they were lucky to win the ones they did.

Here's what I want to see for the rest of the year:

1. Win the games they should win. Namely, San Francisco, Arizona, @Oakland and Washington.

2. Win at least a couple of games convincingly. I'm having a hard time remembering a game in which, by the start of the 4th Quarter, the Rams had things well in hand. It would be nice to see a 31-10 game, wouldn't it?

3. Win a game they arguably shouldn't win. Games @Carolina, vs. Chicago and @Minnesota will be tough. Can the Rams win just one?

4. If the Rams accomplish #s 1 and 3, they would finish with a 9-7 record. Even if that's not good enough to make the playoffs, I'd be satisfied with the progress from 6 to 9 wins for a first year coach like Linehan.

coy bacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    We all know about all the changes the Rams have made during the offseason coming into 2006. What are we going to consider acceptable from Linehan during his rookie season as far as wins and losses go?
    6 wins is good enough for me for the first year.

palmtopper Guest

Anything less than 9-7 ...why fire Martz.

sprtsmac Guest

I would be happy with a complete domination of the Niners and 8-8 record. Anything above that would be gravy.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Here's how I see it.

The Rams have lost some tough games against quality opponents. They probably should have more wins right now, but there are some who would argue that they were lucky to win the ones they did.

1. Win the games they should win. Namely, San Francisco, Arizona, @Oakland and Washington.

2. Win at least a couple of games convincingly. I'm having a hard time remembering a game in which, by the start of the 4th Quarter, the Rams had things well in hand. It would be nice to see a 31-10 game, wouldn't it?

3. Win a game they arguably shouldn't win. Games @Carolina, vs. Chicago and @Minnesota will be tough. Can the Rams win just one?

4. If the Rams accomplish #s 1 and 3, they would finish with a 9-7 record. Even if that's not good enough to make the playoffs, I'd be satisfied with the progress from 6 to 9 wins for a first year coach like Linehan.
    Perfectly said...we have shown we have the ability on offense and defense to play well and get things done. It's just a matter of putting it all together at the same time.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Here's how I see it.

Avenger,what you have here works for me,i was thinking super bowl but i will settle for this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

we have enough skills to be a good team but inexperience at key positions has killed us

smizzhfx Guest

8-8 is bearable. A losing record would be shameful with the start we had but anything above .500 is icing on the cake.

rampete Guest

i don't expect a signifcant improvement in the win/loss column from last season... but, any signs of improvements or jelling on the defensive side, by the end of the season, will be enough for me, at least for now...

Milan Guest

9-7, 8-8 and I'd be somewhat happy.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

With all the changes coming into the 2006 season and the injury bug and turmoil that killed us last season. I want a better than 6-10 record. That's what would satisfy me.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'll be disappointed if we don't manage at least 8-8. Anything less than the playoffs, and I'm not going to be able to honestly say that I'm happy with the season. If we can at least avoid having a losing season and have something to build on, though, I'd at least be able to feel like we were heading in the right direction. Oh, and we can't lose to the ***** again. What I'd really like to see is evidence that one of the players other than Little, Pisa, Spoon, or Brown can be a long-term solution at his position. Not to say even those guys are certainties, but the rest of the defense seems even more questionable at this point. Maybe Atogwe puts together a string of good performances, or things start to click for Adeyanju, or Hill starts showing us how good he can be. Just give me some hope that our defense is going to be good at something next year.

MSRamman Guest

All of you have made good points. As far as record goes, I'd settle for 8-8, but I wouldn't be overjoyed with it. It'd give a good jumping off point for next year, but Goldenfleece is correct, someone on the D is going to have to solidify at their position and show they can make a difference.

bigredman Guest

I say either make the playoffs, or lose the rest of the games and get us a good draft pick for next year. No, I'm not saying the Rams should lose the rest of their games on purpose, but if they should do so honestly, I wouldn't be upset. I really don't believe this team will go anywhere in the playoffs, and I would hate to see us end up in the middle of the road as far as first round selection again.

P.S. MSRamman...how are the girls doin, including that wife that looks like your daughter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast