rammiser is offline Registered User

What will happen to the o-line now???

Do you guys think they might move Barron to left tackle with Pace out for the season?

Just Fix It

Country is offline Registered User

The new look OL

With Pace injured what will the new look OL look like.

I am thinking

LT Barron
    LG Goldberg
    C Incognito
    RG Timmerman
    RT Stussie

If anything this highlights how badlly depth is needed on the OL.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: What will happen to the o-line now???

I was looking for a thread about Pace being out the rest of the season. I am surprised more people are not talking about this loss. I think we have many options Goldberg played okay at the tackle position. He and Steussie can both play either Guard or Tackle they have played both positions this year. Setterstrom could play guard also with either of the other two playing tackle. As for Barron I would leave him as RT but first sign of problems at LT I would strongly consider moving Barron over.

It would be nice to see the following Line by the end of the year.
    RT Barron
    RG Timmerman / Goldberg
    C Incognito
    LG Setterstrom
    LT Goldberg / Steussie

I would like to see Goldberg and Setterstrom earn a spot based on performance. Both are young Goldberg is 26 and Setterstrom is 22. It would go along way toward evaluating what our young OL have.

Next year we will have Pace back as well as Terrell if he is worth anything after the year off. He showed promise his rookie year. Next year we seem set at LT, RT, and C. We will need to fill the two guard spots between Timmerman, Setterstrom, Terrell, Goldberg, and Draft or Free Agency. This season could help us decide if we have 0, 1, or 2 guards in our fold. I don't see McCollum or Steussie being a starter next year. I like Incognitio as the center and IMO we either have a young guy that is as good as them with a potential upside or we sign someone that is better then them to play G.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-13-2006 at 08:41 PM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: The new look OL

I like Goldberg at LG, but I would put Steussie at LT (where he has played much of his career) and leave Barron at RT. Barron has enough to worry about, what with all of the false starts, to add a position switch would only confuse the guy. I know he played LT in college, but thAt is not his current reality. Hmmm...just wonderin' does anybody know if Baby Alex had this much trouble with snap counts on his semi-pro team at FSU?

WHAT SAY YE?

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Barron should definitely stay at RT because this season is basically doomed and he and Pace will play together for years to come as our bookends. I think it is important in this "lost" season to get Barron more comfortable at RT. I guess my projection of a final record of 11-5 is wrong huh? lol at me

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT View Post
    Barron should definitely stay at RT because this season is basically doomed and he and Pace will play together for years to come as our bookends. I think it is important in this "lost" season to get Barron more comfortable at RT. I guess my projection of a final record of 11-5 is wrong huh? lol at me
    Would you believe that through nine games, I actually had us pegged as a 4-5 team? The wins and losses weren't matched up to the right teams, but the overall record to this point in the season was spot on.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!