View Poll Results: Most intriguing camp battle?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Running Back

34 53.97%
  • Wide Receiver

20 31.75%
  • Interior OL (OG/C)

5 7.94%
  • Safety

4 6.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What will be the most intriguing camp battle in 2013?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What will be the most intriguing camp battle in 2013?

What position will have the most intriguing camp battle in 2013?

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: What will be the most intriguing camp battle in 2013?

I'm in the minority, but I think for me the most intriguing battle will be the WR position. How will Quick be in his second year, will Bailey have a shot at the #2 spot, and where Austin fits with the offense. While it might be less "battle" than RB, there's still a battle to develop and stand out.

IMO the WR position is more vital to the success of the offense than the RB position. A RB-by-committee approach will likely be the result of camp, and if one of the 3 really stand out, great. But I think it's more important to see which receiver can establish themselves as Sam's new favorite target.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I went interior O line because at the end of the day only one guy can win out there. I think RB will truly be by committee with guys getting roughly equal work. I want to see who comes out on top at LG between Watkins, Jones, Shelly Smith and Brandon Washington - will be intriguing.
    Agrajag likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Most intriguing to me are the backs. Pead will he be on a mission to be the first back on the field on Sunday? Ganaway was on the team all year and did not get one carry, I can't wait to see what he can do. Stacy from what I have read, he seems like he could be leader on this team. DRich has the most NFL carries on this team and I'm sure he wants to keep it that way.

Two guys will emerge as the starters one bigger and one smaller. The question is will the bigger back be the featured back with a splash of change of pace. Or will the Rams go for the speed back first and then use the power back near the goal-line and in short yardage?

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I think it will come down to a matter of freshest legs.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

jsimcox is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I'm in the minority, but I think for me the most intriguing battle will be the WR position. How will Quick be in his second year, will Bailey have a shot at the #2 spot, and where Austin fits with the offense. While it might be less "battle" than RB, there's still a battle to develop and stand out.

IMO the WR position is more vital to the success of the offense than the RB position. A RB-by-committee approach will likely be the result of camp, and if one of the 3 really stand out, great. But I think it's more important to see which receiver can establish themselves as Sam's new favorite target.
    Same here.
    Whilst its probably a case of us using all of the guys we have in order to create mismatches, at the end of the day, certain receivers will obviously get more snaps than others. For me i'm really interested to see how much development we see from Brian Quick as well as how much of a battle there will be between him and Bailey for the second outside spot opposite Givens.

Of course, like everyone else, seeing how Austin is going to be utilised is what really excites me

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

For me its RB and then S. RB first because we have such a rich history of RB's and it's fair game, anyone can win the job. Nobody has a head up on anyone. Pead needs to prove his worth. DRich is an excellent COP runner but I wouldn't consider him much more than that. Stacy in my opinion has the best chance to be a workhorse type back. Ganaway is decent, but he doesn't really have much experience in a pro style set and doesn't have a 2nd gear.

To me the #1 RB job is Stacy vs Pead. DRich will certainly be involved as well. I can see DRich having 8-10 touches per game, to go along with the 13-25 the #1 RB will get.

I also think S is interesting because it's an all out battle. Most likely Darian Stewart and T.J McDonald will be the starters, but nothing is set in stone. Also, McLeod vs Matt Daniels vs Ray Ray vs Cody Davis is going to be a great training camp battle.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    For me its RB and then S. RB first because we have such a rich history of RB's and it's fair game, anyone can win the job. Nobody has a head up on anyone. Pead needs to prove his worth. DRich is an excellent COP runner but I wouldn't consider him much more than that. Stacy in my opinion has the best chance to be a workhorse type back. Ganaway is decent, but he doesn't really have much experience in a pro style set and doesn't have a 2nd gear.

To me the #1 RB job is Stacy vs Pead. DRich will certainly be involved as well. I can see DRich having 8-10 touches per game, to go along with the 13-25 the #1 RB will get.

I also think S is interesting because it's an all out battle. Most likely Darian Stewart and T.J McDonald will be the starters, but nothing is set in stone. Also, McLeod vs Matt Daniels vs Ray Ray vs Cody Davis is going to be a great training camp battle.
    That's an interesting take... I think it's more small guys vs small guys, I may be wrong. Not sure if we will have a number one back. SJ was the featured back last year but he said he did not want to lose more playing tine so he left. I wonder how the Rams will divide the playing time? Will three backs be used every Sunday or just two?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I can't wait to see all these young receivers compete for specific roles, and it'll be intriguing, as well as fun to watch.

I think the other battles listed will be interesting, but with so many questions, so many expectations, and so much uncertainty the last few years, none are going to be as fascinating as how the WR's shake out.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Imagine is Quick is everything they ever thought he could be all of a sudden with the offseason.

Quick, Austin and Givens. Cook may very well be an after thought who isn't on this team in 2014.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I don't think Quick will be quite ready yet this year. this is only his 2nd year and i could see him needing more time to adapt.

With that said, how ready is Bailey? If he comes in and adjusts faster than Quick has so far to the playbook and the NFL, i could see him having a bigger role than Quick this year.

I could be wrong, as i am a lot.

So my answer is the WR group.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Is there a button for "All of the above?"

This is going to be a VERY intriguing camp!
    MauiRam, THOLTFAN81 and FestusRam like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Imagine is Quick is everything they ever thought he could be all of a sudden with the offseason.

Quick, Austin and Givens. Cook may very well be an after thought who isn't on this team in 2014.
    an afterthought because the other receivers all become too awesome? Why would he be an afterthought?

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Running back indeed and followed by safety.

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

I picked safety because I think it's very unsettled who will start and who will rotate. Will Matt Daniels and Darien Stewart be our starters, will T.J. McDonald be a starter or a rotational player? I think given the teams in our division safety will be immensely important.

I don't see competition at WR and RB as it will play out as we think. Jared Cook and Lance Kendricks at TE, Tavon Austin in the slot. Outside will be Chris Givens and Quick with Baily. That's the only area of receiving that will be competitive in camp, I think. It will depend on how much progress Quick has made.

RB will likely be Pead and Richardson as last year with more Pead (hopefully). Stacey is not likely to replace the SJax role but will be a rotational player at the outset. O-Line could be interesting at LG only. We'll see if B. Jones is ready or whether R. Watkins is ready to step into the role he was drafted for last year. Otherwise I don't see much competition on the line unless someone gets hurt or really stinks it up in camp.

So for me its safety. Go Rams!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast