View Poll Results: What will Scott Linehan be doing next year?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coaching the Rams.

17 39.53%
  • QB coach for the Fighting Bunyan's of Fargo High School.

2 4.65%
  • Playing Frank Burns in the Stage Version of M*A*S*H.

5 11.63%
  • Counting his money while saying aloud, "so long suckers!"

7 16.28%
  • Trying out for "Dancing with the Stars."

5 11.63%
  • Hunting Down All SLOP Members.

5 11.63%
  • I hate this poll and I refuse to vote.

2 4.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What will Scott Linehan be doing next year?

What will his job be?

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: What will Scott Linehan be doing next year?

I hate to admit it, but I think the front office will give him 1 more year due to the massive amount of injuries. God I hope I'm wrong

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

I'm going to do what Richard Pryor wanted me to in "Brewster's Millions" and vote "None of the above".

Something tells me he might get a sympathetic call from Tater Country come January. If that doesn't happen, I will be shocked.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

itsguud is offline Registered User

I was thinking patio door salesman, cause he knows screens better then anybody.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Really the only question left for this season, isn't it? Fact is, John Shaw is at a crossroads with Linehan. Does he take Rich Brooks Boulevard or Dick Vermeil Avenue?

Halfway (or thereabouts) through Brooks' 2nd campaign he was 9-16 (not unlike Linehan's 8-16). Shaw made a bold statement that Brooks had 7 games to turn it around. Brooks finished those 7 with a 4-3 record (granted those 4 wins came against the hapless Saints & Cons, but I digress), but Shaw's mind was made up by then, if not already by week 9. Brooks was gone.

At the same point in Vermeil's tenure, he was 7-17. However, this time Shaw took a more discreet approach. No more half-a-season evaluations, but a commitment to a 3rd year. Enter stage right a Sundevil offensive genius, a Colt malcontent, a Wolfpack rookie, and an Barnstormer stockboy......and voila.....Lombardi trophy.

So which way does Shaw go? I'm betting on a stroll down Vermeil Avenue.......but that's just me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I tried to vote for 2 of the selections. Poll only allows 1 vote.

1. Coaching the RAMS
    2. Hunting down slop MEMBERS (Av, Linehan has your cell phone number)

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    (Av, Linehan has your cell phone number)
    I'm not worried.

If he comes after me, I'll just hide in the end zone. He'll never find me there.

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP

Speaking of SLOP, I'd like to be the first to give AV (in my mind) well-deserved props for not posting any "I told you so's" after roughly half the board basically ended up concurring with him in his assessment of Linehan.

Personally, I've gone from a 100% supporter to about a 60-40 in favor of retaining him.

I still think he warrants a third year, (given the injuries, and the fact that we probably lost three games by players just flat screwing up), but am really puzzled by some of his personnel evaluations and decisions.

...and banging Leonard TWICE (or was it THRICE?) into the same block wall on critical short yardage situations. Still pisses me off.

Anyway AV - you called it.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Speaking of SLOP, I'd like to be the first to give AV (in my mind) well-deserved props for not posting any "I told you so's" after roughly half the board basically ended up concurring with him in his assessment of Linehan.
    Thanks. The truth is, I always hoped that Linehan would prove me wrong. If the Rams were 6-2 right now and headed for the playoffs, I would have gladly admitted an error.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Really the only question left for this season, isn't it? Fact is, John Shaw is at a crossroads with Linehan. Does he take Rich Brooks Boulevard or Dick Vermeil Avenue?

Halfway (or thereabouts) through Brooks' 2nd campaign he was 9-16 (not unlike Linehan's 8-16). Shaw made a bold statement that Brooks had 7 games to turn it around. Brooks finished those 7 with a 4-3 record (granted those 4 wins came against the hapless Saints & Cons, but I digress), but Shaw's mind was made up by then, if not already by week 9. Brooks was gone.

At the same point in Vermeil's tenure, he was 7-17. However, this time Shaw took a more discreet approach. No more half-a-season evaluations, but a commitment to a 3rd year. Enter stage right a Sundevil offensive genius, a Colt malcontent, a Wolfpack rookie, and an Barnstormer stockboy......and voila.....Lombardi trophy.

So which way does Shaw go? I'm betting on a stroll down Vermeil Avenue.......but that's just me.
    you could be right on this but my only think with Vermeil is that he was a proven head coach and had been to a super bowl as one,Linehan has proved nothing as a head coach and I am not sure he deserves the same consideration Vermeil received. I think he needs to win at least 3-4 games to keep his job.

maineram is offline Registered User

I voted none of the above, but not really sure. In my mind there is really no way we can win 3 games with this offensive line, they flat out suck. If Barron is our best lineman going into the remaining 8 games things leak bleak. Too many injuries in some pretty important positions have caused this train wreck of a season. Linehan's halftime adjustments only made things worse. But really, what is there to adjust to when you have third stringers in at starting key positions ?? Bottom line for me is this year is just a bad year with extremely bad karma for this team. Next year, ( if Linehan is still here), would be his true second season as our HC. When you have some veterans on this team, at 0-8, playing through injuries, ( Bulger, Little, Holt, Bennett ), then Linehan has not LOST the team, or they would gracefully bow out, and look forward to next year.

We will never know what this offensive line would have done if everyone had stayed healthy.

Maineram - :\
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I gave Linehan time and it wasn't until the Cleveland loss that I determined that Linehan has no future with the Rams. The truth is many good coordinators don't make good Head Coaches.

This guy simply cannot be brought back next year. I predict he'll be fired 5 minutes after the last game.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I was thinking patio door salesman, cause he knows screens better then anybody.
    OH!!!! ZING!!!

My guess is that Linehan will be a position coach in the NFL, potentially QB, or, if he's lucky, an OC. Failing that, a co-ordinator in the collegiate ranks.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram View Post
    Bottom line for me is this year is just a bad year with extremely bad karma for this team. Maineram - :\
    Karma? Oh boy, now you've done it. All the statboys are going to unleash their spreadsheets of facts and figures now. Come on Maineram. You should know better than to introduce all that voodoo stuff here in the face of empirical scientific data on the ClanRam. Why, someone might think you believe in the "human element" like courage, leadership, team chemistry, contribution of other players to another player's success, visually observing tenancies of a player instead of a computer printout, and yes, even luck. Numbers don't lie Maineram. Numbers don't lie. Now for your penance, say five hail ClanRams, and seven prayers to Mother Georgia. By the way, the Frank Burns analogy is dead on!
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-03-2007 at 08:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I think he'll most likely retain a position within the Rams organization...

[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...inehan_jan.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by moloch41; -11-05-2007 at 08:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast