mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

What would be an ideal(and realistic) finish to this season that would make you happy

At this point I don't think any of us have even the slightest hope of a playoff sport or even being in contention for one. That being said there is a way we could finish this season and make me happy.

This is what I would like to see. and

1. Brandon Lloyd and Mark Clayton play as well as they did last year(and as well as Lloyd was still playing). If they do this Lloyd should surpass 1,200 yards receiving again this year and Clayton would be a very, very solid #2. This would solidify our receiving corps immensely. Resigning them to long term deals would also be very important.

2. Greg Salas, Danario Alexander, Robert Quinn, Dorrel Scott, and Darian STewart continue to improve. All of these guys could be keys to our immediate and long term future. All look like they could be long term starters or at least rotational players.

3. The offense makes less mistakes. WE saw this last week and it should continue to improve week to week. It's obvious the team is struggling to grasp the new offense and they should become more comfortable with it every week.

4. Sam Bradford does not play until healthy. Do I want us to have our best chance to win itn he next 2 to 3 weeks? Sure is it more important that Bradford stays healthy for the rest of the year and beyond? Obviously it is.

5. finish the season strong. The Lions, Bills, Bengals and Raiders all young teams who are vastly improved this year and who played much better down the stretch of 2010. This is what we all should be hoping for with the Rams.

I think if all of these things take place we can go in to next season with some hope. We'll have built some momentum, filled some holes and still have a very high draft pick.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: What would be an ideal(and realistic) finish to this season that would make you h

Simply agreed. Excellent post. But I actually think having Feeley out there will be pretty good. He stands on the sidelines and see's the mistakes Bradford makes (missed TD's) so I believe he himself wont make many mistakes. I don't expect 300+ yards and 4 TD's, but I do expect him to control the game.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: What would be an ideal(and realistic) finish to this season that would make you h

Win all of our games, win the west, head into the playoffs as the hottest team in the NFL steam roll our way to the SB win it in a route over the Pat's and draft last! You asked!
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-23-2011 at 09:02 AM.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Steady improvement and finish as strong as we can.
    :ramlogo:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I looked at it mostly from a wins/losses perspective. Here's the remaining schedule...

@ Dallas Cowboys
    vs New Orleans Saints
    @ Arizona Cardinals
    @ Cleveland Browns
    vs Seattle Seahawks
    vs Arizona Cardinals
    @ San Francisco *****
    @ Seattle Seahawks
    vs Cincinnati Bengals
    @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    vs San Francisco *****

IDEAL: A clean sweep to finish 11-5

REALISTIC: The Rams pick up two wins (against Seattle & Arizona) and lose the rest of these games to finish 2-14.

IDEAL & REALISTIC: The Rams beat Seattle and Arizona at home, steal one of those road games as well, beat a ***** team in Week 17 that may be resting starters at that point, and surprise a team that they probably shouldn't beat (let's say Cincy) to finish 5-11.

Other expectations that are ideal and realistic for the rest of the season that aren't related to the schedule...

-The Rams will improve a red zone offense that ranks among the worst in the league through this season so far.
    -Sam Bradford will improve upon his 51.5 QB rating inside the opponents' red zone by becoming more efficient when in position to score.
    -The Rams will demonstrate improved protection of Sam Bradford (currently averaging over four sacks a game) while also reducing the number of drops (averaging 2.6 per game).
    -At least one consistent starting WR will emerge from this group (shouldn't be tough with the Lloyd acquisition).
    -At least one of the two rookie wide receivers will demonstrate continued development and consistent weekly production.
    -Danario Alexander will not require another moderate to serious knee procedure.
    -The Rams will improve on their 1.8 sacks-per-game average and top 35 sacks for the year, with Robert Quinn emerging through the season as a legitimate pass rusher.
    -James Laurinaitis will top 110 tackles for the third year in a row, continuing to emerge as a young leader on defense.
    -The injuries to starters Ron Bartell and Bradley Fletcher and the greater exposure of depth players in the secondary will result in the emergence of a potential nickel cornerback for 2012.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Average 2 touchdowns or better a game. So far this offense has only scored 4 total in 5 games. One of those came on the first play of the season. That's beyond bad.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

8-8. Win the division.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I don't care about wins or losses at this point, I just want to see them compete. Lets see some games where the Rams score more than 16 and lose by a TD or a FG. They are so terrible at this point that looking beyond just competing is unrealistic.

The Rams are in a bad situation, lets just take this in bit-size portions.