psycho9985 is offline Registered User

What would you do?

Hard thing to think about.Just suppose the Rams used their escape clause and moved.The Turf didnt get replace,and the Rams org is pissed:for example the Rams only place to move was... I dont know,say new mexico,but we had to change our name say santa fe six guns.It happened to he oilers,but its most likely a long shot:Question what would you do? remain a fan?I probably would since the players I love on the team now would be there.:tough: Sorry to ask this but it was on my mind.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -05-05-2005 at 12:52 AM.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

AlabamaRam is offline Registered User

Re: What would you do?

Well.....this has only one answer for me. Where the horns go...I go.

Go Rams!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I believe this same question came up a couple of years ago and it did spark a rather lively debate. And it's a very fair (and, in this day and age, relevant) question.

Personally, I didn't pick up the Rams until they moved to Missouri. I followed the Cardinals when they were here, but I was still pretty young when they moved, so there wasn't a solid connection yet. But I've been a Rams fan for a decade now and regardless of uniform, name, and/or zip code change, I will continue to cheer for this organization. The St. Louis Rams, the Santa Fe Six Guns, it's all the same to me. (Sidenote: Psycho, I like that Santa Fe Six Guns name! It really rolls off the tongue. Of course, I'm sure that the anti-gun lobby will fight the name. But on a brighter note, New Mexico is way too hot for Michael Moore to drag himeself down from Canada, or Detroit, or John Kerry's living room, wherever he's hanging out these days)

However (and I know I'll take heat for this one), if an expansion franchise were placed in St. Louis to replace the Rams, I admit that I would at a minimum take notice of them. Geographically, I would have a tie to them and I would follow them. They would not have the seat of prominence that the Rams do, but I'd know their depth chart at least.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaRam
    Well.....this has only one answer for me. Where the horns go...I go.

Go Rams!
    But what if this is a Cleveland Browns situation? Which is to say, who are the real Browns.....the Baltimore Ravens or the Cleveland Browns? So then what if the new St. Louis team were the St. Louis Rams? Who would be the real Rams....the Santa Fe 6-Guns or the St. Louis Rams?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AlabamaRam is offline Registered User

Well.....For me, I have been a "Rams" fan since birth. My Father took me to games as a youth and It's been all about the horns ever since. Over 30 years of watching this team with no end in sight. When the Rams moved from LA it made no difference to me about the location....just that the "Rams" were still the Rams.

Basic rule of thought for me on this one is that my team is the Rams....the team with the horns. If they left to another city and took a new name, St. Louis got an expansion franchise, which would be the Rams....my number one team would be the Rams.

I'd still follow the Rams that left to another city and root for them as the players are still the ones you root for.....But it's the horns & that tradition that keep me rooted with the Rams.

Anyhoo....Go Rams!

general counsel Guest

I believe that georgia/kroenke own the trademark Rams in connection with an nfl franchise. I am not 100% sure of that, but i know that there was a dispute initially when they moved to st louis, ie at one point the city of LA tried to prevent them from taking the name and georgia and her group prevailed. Thus, I view this situation as unlikely ie another team called the St louis rams.

I agree that i follow the horns, but it would be very tough on all of us if there was another team called the st louis rams.

Here is the real doomday scenario. Somehow, the horns are considered part of the identifying trademark and if the team moved, it would have to give up both the name rams and the horns. Then, another team came to st louis calling themselves the rams and using the horns, while Rev Ike et al were in santa fe calling themselves something else and wearing a different helmet. Now that would really be tough.

Long shot of massive porportions, much more likely that california falls into the sea (to paraphrase steely dan).

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by GC
    Here is the real doomday scenario. Somehow, the horns are considered part of the identifying trademark and if the team moved, it would have to give up both the name rams and the horns. Then, another team came to st louis calling themselves the rams and using the horns, while Rev Ike et al were in santa fe calling themselves something else and wearing a different helmet. Now that would really be tough.
    Which takes us back to my original question...
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Who would be the real Rams....the Santa Fe 6-Guns or the St. Louis Rams?
    Would it be Bulger and the SF-6G's or Matt Leinert (#1 pick for the expansion Rams) and the St. Louis Rams?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

As long as the stay the RAMS, I don't care if they play in China!

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    As long as the stay the RAMS, I don't care if they play in China!
    Hm, China? The bash would certainly be harder to attend.

So, wraith, you're saying you would go with the expansion team?

general counsel Guest

If they move to china, i like Yao at defensive tackle. Alongside Big Bear, we would have the makings of the best name in defensive front lines, ie the
    Great Wall!

I think a rams dome in the forbidden city could be pretty cool.

From a commuting perspective, moving to china is going to make it tough for
    Rams Wraith to keep his 50 yard line PSL's.

general counsel

ramstiles is offline Registered User

As someone said where the rams go I go of course I'm miles away anyway

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

I have to agree, I was a Rams fan when they were in LA and although I was sad that they moved further from me to St. Louis, my loyalty followed them and always will!! Period!!! :ramlogo: :ramlogo:

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I became a Rams fan in 95 when they moved to St. Louis. If they were to move out of my city and remain the Rams, I'd be a Rams fan for life.

Then one of you clowns threw me a curve ball. :redface: Now the Rams have become the Santa Fe 6-Guns, with the players I've followed, and an 'expansion' team moves back to St. Louis taking the name, St. Louis Rams.

I think I'd then be a Rams fan, especially if they were granted 'ownership' of the Rams history, like the Browns were. I'm loyal to the horns, even if it means starting over from scratch.

maineram is offline Registered User

I've been a Rams fan since I was 8 years old. The first game I ever saw was a Rams playoff game 1977, it was those horns and the uni's I fell for. Whether they become a new Rams team in St' Lou, after the current team moves to Mexico, or the players now leave naturally over time. I am a Rams fan, helmet, uni's, over any player past of present. Players, City's appear to come and go, the horns and pride rise above all else.

Give me those Horns and 53 sandlot guys to start anew & I'll still be cheering them on for a championship, till the day I drop.

Maine - Ram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    But what if this is a Cleveland Browns situation? Which is to say, who are the real Browns.....the Baltimore Ravens or the Cleveland Browns? So then what if the new St. Louis team were the St. Louis Rams? Who would be the real Rams....the Santa Fe 6-Guns or the St. Louis Rams?
    If its Rams its my team,but it would really suck playing against the six guns(torn allegence).
    Last edited by psycho9985; -02-02-2006 at 10:13 PM.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild