Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What would you like to see us accomplish in the last 2 games?

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

What would you like to see us accomplish in the last 2 games?

or rather what would make you happy. Obviously we'd all love to win out and finish over .500 but I feel it's probably unlikely. The Seahawks are just scorching hot and even when they are mediocre they are hard to beat at home.

Personally these are the things I'd like to see.

1. The defense get back to how it had played the majority of the season before yesterday
    2. Beat the Bucs and match our highest win total over the last 6 years
    3. Give the Seahawks a tough game
    4. have Steven Jackson go over 1,000 yards. He needs 91 yards
    5. Sam Bradford having a huge game against the Bucs. The Bucs pass d is historically bad. I want 300 yards and 3 TD's.
    6. Have Sam finish with at least 22 TD's and less than 13 int(4 TD's 1 pic over last 2)
    7. Have Sam finish with a QB rating over 85
    8. Have Robert Quinn hit 10 sacks.
    9. Have Janoris Jenkins have at least one more big play
    10. Have Amendola and Saffold finish the year healthy and see Givens, Gibson continue to improve

It's a long list but I think literally every single one is possible and many are probable. If we hit 7 wins and have most of things happen I will consider the season a success. With us being the youngest team in the league, winning 7 games, having our rookies play so well and having Quinn, Bradford, Kendricks, Gibson, improve so much will make me happy.

I know a lot of the naysayers will say I'm foolish for being happy with another losing season but we've made such obvious progress I don't see how anyone could be unhappy. Of course if we get blown out the last 2 weeks it will leave a sour taste in my mouth and might change my feelings about a lot of things.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: What would you like to see us accomplish in the last 2 games?

All I need to see at this point is 1,000 yards from SJ. If he gets them, they'll be well deserved. Were playing the Bucs (#1 run D) and Hawks (#10). I really hope he can pull it off, it'll help his HOF consideration tremendously!

THE DREAM TEAM

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

WINNING to me is paramount to all individual achievements, and thus I do not have my heart set on any of these individual benchmarks. My hope is that we can at worst split these next two games. Neither will be easy.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Just two for me.

Jackson has to hit 1,000 yards. He deserves it more than anyone.

Beat Seattle and go undefeated in the West. What a statement that would make going into next season.
    LA Rammer and J-RodRamFan like this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I'm sure two wins are a given for what everyone wants to see. So besides those, I want Jackson to get 1000 yards on the season and continue his streak. Most importantly, I want to see a CONSISTENT offense. We have these three and out possessions that are just awful to watch. We have a kicker with an iron foot and can't even get him in FG range. I see flashes of a good offense but it doesn't measure up to playing good football. That's what I want to see in the final two games, consistency.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

I want to see consistancy from Bradford. I want to see him play the next two games like he did the 4th quarter against Minnesota. There is no excuse for these lackadaisical starts.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

120 minutes of competitive football.
    ZiaRam likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

120 minutes of winning football.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

At this point, winning will do nothing but lower the draft position. As long as the team continues to play hard, all good. Ill pass on the 'moral victories', in favor of picking several positions (hopefully) higher. This team continues to look inept for periods of time (see yesterday). The cupboard is still pretty bare. Im far more concerned about the next few years...as opposed to 1 more pointless 'feel good' victory this year.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    I want to see consistancy from Bradford. I want to see him play the next two games like he did the 4th quarter against Minnesota. There is no excuse for these lackadaisical starts.
    I take it you didn't watch the game yesterday because if so you would of known exactly the reason he started off poorly.

Our o line got absolutely man handled the first half of yesterdays game. Add the fact that our receivers still struggle to get separation and it's clear as day why he looks so poorly sometimes.

It's amazing how you have somehow come to the conclusion that QB's are their own team and either win games or lose them by themselves. Clearly having a great line and great receivers has never helped anyone. I'm sure we'd have the same offense with Peterson behind Bradford, 5 oline probowlers and Megatron and Vincent Jackson as our receivers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    At this point, winning will do nothing but lower the draft position. As long as the team continues to play hard, all good. Ill pass on the 'moral victories', in favor of picking several positions (hopefully) higher. This team continues to look inept for periods of time (see yesterday). The cupboard is still pretty bare. Im far more concerned about the next few years...as opposed to 1 more pointless 'feel good' victory this year.
    I gotta' tell you, Fargo- and I'm truly not trying to pick a fight here- I can't stand this line of thinking. It goes against every competitive instinct I had as an athlete and every desire I have as a fan. No competitor worth his weight would EVER think about giving anything less than his best effort because of a desire to have a higher draft pick next year. And it really doesn't matter if we have the 17th pick or the 21st pick. As long as the selection is an intelligent one that pans out and fills a need, management has done its job.

For far too long some Rams fans have clammored for losses at seasons' end to get a better draft pick, and I'm tired of it. You play to win. And as a fan, I want to see wins- not worry about next year's draft spots.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I gotta' tell you, Fargo- and I'm truly not trying to pick a fight here- I can't stand this line of thinking. It goes against every competitive instinct I had as an athlete and every desire I have as a fan. No competitor worth his weight would EVER think about giving anything less than his best effort because of a desire to have a higher draft pick next year. And it really doesn't matter if we have the 17th pick or the 21st pick. As long as the selection is an intelligent one that pans out and fills a need, management has done its job.

For far too long some Rams fans have clammored for losses at seasons' end to get a better draft pick, and I'm tired of it. You play to win. And as a fan, I want to see wins- not worry about next year's draft spots.
    eh it depends, last year absolutely nothing we could of done the last 4-5 games would of made the season enjoyable and you bet your butt I was rooting for us to lose every single one of those games. I also played sports competitively(probably most of us did) but that doesn't change the fact that losing those games was good for the franchise.

The fact that we lost out got us

Brockers
    Jenkins
    Pead
    Watkins
    2013 first rounder
    2014 first rounder
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Just two for me.

Jackson has to hit 1,000 yards. He deserves it more than anyone.

Beat Seattle and go undefeated in the West. What a statement that would make going into next season.
    i second this!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    i second this!
    Third it on my end

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    eh it depends, last year absolutely nothing we could of done the last 4-5 games would of made the season enjoyable and you bet your butt I was rooting for us to lose every single one of those games. I also played sports competitively(probably most of us did) but that doesn't change the fact that losing those games was good for the franchise.

The fact that we lost out got us

Brockers
    Jenkins
    Pead
    Watkins
    2013 first rounder
    2014 first rounder
    I'll never agree- and no amount of disagreement will convince me otherwise. If you're 5-8, you play your ass off to try and even up the record. You play with pride. You play for yourselves, your own job and your fans. The measure of a competitor is busting it when your backs are to the wall. To go out there and mail in your performance is a disgrace on every level. And in a season where tremendous improvement was shown and with a shot at a winning record, I have a major problem with anyone who wouldn't mind seeing us lose these next two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast