Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shortman1984 is offline Registered User

What was wrong with holt today?

I love holt i really do but he really didnt look like himself today. I notice i know 2 plays that would have been TD's if he would have caught them. One he didnt even see for some odd reason and the other went through his hands.. Is he rusty from all that rest or what.. I hope he get better next week...I sure hope anyways.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: What was wrong with holt today?

I would say he is more hurt then he is letting on. I suspect his knee is worse than reported.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Mr.Blond Guest

While the announcers were talking, they mentioned that the Rams, without Martz, were running the ball more, a little more rough and smash mouth. I agreed with this statement, and was happy that perhaps all that wimpy, skinny, fast Rams sh!^ was behind us. Then Marshall caught a pass, and Holt was there picking him up. All that Greatest show on turf garbage and speed and "names" and Holt's website came back to me, and I felt ill. Personally, you can put Holt and Marshall (Not Bruce, he was a L.A. Ram) on a boat to Fiji and tell them never to come back and I couldn't care less. That Era is Over. They got 1 SuperBowl win out of it, and that is really a shame. That greatest show on turf is/was an embarrasement to the Rams.

Yeah those to missed catches would have been TD's and would have changed the game. I thought Bulger did ok for being out 3 weeks..but Holt and Bruce were just not there.... I dont know where they were..

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Holt looked like he just wasn't in this game, which completely goes against his nickname of course. I figure his knee was still bothering him a bit, and maybe a bit of rust factored in as well. When he missed that deep post, you just had to figure he wasn't all there.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Holt looked like he just wasn't in this game, which completely goes against his nickname of course. I figure his knee was still bothering him a bit, and maybe a bit of rust factored in as well. When he missed that deep post, you just had to figure he wasn't all there.
    yeah but his knee wouldnt have anything to do with him when he missed that deep post.... It just look like he was lost....

Quote Originally Posted by shortman1984
    yeah but his knee wouldnt have anything to do with him when he missed that deep post.... It just look like he was lost....
    Perhaps. But if he's in pain with every step he takes or when he puts weight on it, that's going to take away from your concentration. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Perhaps. But if he's in pain with every step he takes or when he puts weight on it, that's going to take away from your concentration. I dunno.
    true..i never thought about that.. but still he was way off today and if he wasnt completely recovered then he should have sat down and let curtis take his place. and as for bruce. What was his excuse today?
    and another thing. we played better as a team without our major starters than we did today.
    Last edited by shortman1984; -11-13-2005 at 10:17 PM.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with timing issues. When you don't play for 2-3 weeks, or longer in Bruce's case, it's hard to step back in and expect that timing to be there. Hopefully the problem doesn't linger.

Milan is offline Registered User

I'm thinking it's a combination of knee problems and he's rusty because he missed two consecutive games followed by a BYE and these are the first two games that he hasn't played in his whole career.

general counsel is offline Registered User

to me, clearly its the knee. he is very very tentative, cant tell if he can lunge at all. the ball in the end zone was 6 inches out of his hands, an easy td for him, but having to reach out for it on the tender knee probably made him hesitate just a little bit and thats all it takes.

I admire his guts so much for getting out on the field today, but clearly, he was not anywhere near the all pro level.

If I had known that holt was going to be that hurt, i would have known our chances of winning this game were going to be very very slim indeed.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Holt clearly had too much on his mind today. His heart and dedication to the team are both extremely admirable, but he needs to be able to play with a reasonable amount of confidence and concentration, or not play at all.

Largent80 is offline Registered User

The first play it looked like he was expecting the ball on his other side, and then he was asking for a flag on the play. It would have been 6 if he saw the ball.
    NFC West Champions Again in 2005

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

He certainly was not playing like normal. I'll bet the injury is more serious than we have been told. I can't believe he missed the one near the endzone. He probably should not have been out there today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cashless is offline Registered User

Holt actually said that on the deep post he made his cut and turned to look for the ball higher on the air than it was, and didn't see it because it was lower. I do not remember him being someone to make excuses so I believe him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast