DieHard23 is offline Registered User

What You Don't See on TV

Was at the game Saturday night and just wanted to give kudos to a couple guys for going out of their way for the fans. They certainly weren't the only fan-friendly guys, but their actions just stuck out in my mind:

When the chargers were coming out of the locker room at halftime, there were a couple pee-wee teams that had performed during halftime that were waiting to go back into the locker area. They were lined up along the wall along the back of the endzone. When LT came out, he ran along the wall high-fiving all the kids. He was the only player who did that and you could see how excited the kids were. He definitely earned some cool points from me.

After the game, the Rams players walk from the dome to the hotel across the street and fans line up along the barricades to get autographs. Now a lot of players came out and signed a lot of autographs (including coach Haslett). But I just want to give kudos to Trent Green, who must have spent about 25 minutes walking ALL THE WAY down the barricades signing autographs for everybody who wanted one. He even messed with a guy who was wearing a '99-style #10 jersey. He asked the guy to turn around, but it said Bulger on the back.

I just think it's cool how most of these guys who play are really good people even when the spotlight is off. It's a shame that all we hear about is when some knucklehead has a run-in with the law or beats up some woman.

Kudos to Trent and LT!

moklerman Guest

Re: What You Don't See on TV

Very cool story and it's certainly nice to hear and be reminded of. I think as fans it's hard to realize the type of world that these guys live in but at the same time, it's such a small sacrifice to "slap hands"(think: Waterboy) and supply a good memory that will last a lifetime that I don't cut these guys any slack for not doing it. I hope for Green to get some post-season success somehow. He's a class act that has to be one of the all-time "got robbed" sports figures.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: What You Don't See on TV

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Very cool story and it's certainly nice to hear and be reminded of. I think as fans it's hard to realize the type of world that these guys live in but at the same time, it's such a small sacrifice to "slap hands"(think: Waterboy) and supply a good memory that will last a lifetime that I don't cut these guys any slack for not doing it. I hope for Green to get some post-season success somehow. He's a class act that has to be one of the all-time "got robbed" sports figures.
    It was night and day across the board when I was at the Ram's / Titan's game ...

Several players like O.J., Fakhir, Dante Hall, and even coaches like Al Saunders came over and signed, even chatted for a little bit ...

Others like Orlando Pace, Alex Barron, and Tye Hill acted as if we were not even there ....