View Poll Results: Rams lose by how many points?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 or less

2 5.56%
  • 4-10

5 13.89%
  • 11-20

11 30.56%
  • more than 20

18 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

What are you expecting Sunday vs. Bills

The consensus seems to be that our RAMS are going to get blown-out again.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: What are you expecting Sunday vs. Bills

Besides the blow out. A lot of tension on the team. Players will probably ignore the coaches.

The only player who will be playing hard out there will be Chris Long.

If Green goes down, I expect Berlin to come in and play. Bulger will not play as long as Linehan is coach.

Linehan cries on the side line as he gets his termination papers.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We lost big at Philly and at Seattle. Even though the final score doesn't show it we actually hung tough with the Giants at our house for 3 1/2 quarters.

Of course we have an added issue to our upcoming game against the Bills. Bulger has been benched, Fahkir Brown has been released and we have been made aware of other changes especially on the defensive side of the ball.
    How will our team react to all this? The obvious answer is that they hate Linehan and won't play for him.

I have a couple of questions to ponder.

1. Is it possible to hate someone but still have respect for that same person?

2. Is it possible to have no respect for someone but still like that same person?

Getting back to this Sundays game:

I'm expecting (foolishly or not) a very close game. We play much better at home and I feel pretty strongly that the Giants are a better team than the Bills. If our team comes out flat like they did against the Eagles. I'll be calling for the heads of all of our "PLAYERS". Everyone knows where Linehan stands the only thing we don't know is how our team will react. This is a group of "PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES" that needs to put their best effort into each and every play. The players need to realize that each and everyone of them can be replaced. (Marc Bulger, Fahkir Brown) If Steven Jacksons feet were moving half as fast as his mouth we might actually win a few games.

If I had to bet my house on this game I would bet on the Bills. However it wouldn't catch me off guard if we won this game by a FG.

GO RAMS!!!!

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I'm not a reilgious man, but I'll be praying for Trent Green. Rams lose by 20+

atcchris is offline Registered User

I think we'll get burnt by 2 TDs... I think that will reflect more on Buffalo being good though, than our turmoil.

Our guys are professionals... they're fighting for their jobs and respect... so, yeah, they might want to stick it to Linehan, but it's not ultimately in their best interest to lay down.

I was tempted to say we'd rise above it and not lose by that much, but I just can't. I don't think our defense can contain them, and I don't think our offense can keep our defense off the field.

I would love to be proven wrong, however...

bruce4life is offline Registered User

This team will keep in it even have a lead or so in the game but due to Linehan's inability to coach we will lose again

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Nah. We lose this one by 20+. No confidence from the FO/Coaches/Players in the FO/Coaches/Players so I just don't see how anything good can come from this.

Look at the final 4 games of the Petrino Falcons last year. Same turmoil between players and coaches and it showed on the field. Ugly, noncompetive losses to the Bucs, Colts, Saints, even the (gulp) Rams.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

We lose by 11-20 - and in the UPPER area of that interval. I doubt it will be 20+ for the simple reason that I think the Bills will be content to run time off the clock and send in their backups once they're up by a couple of scores. There's no doubt it will be ugly.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

I guess I can't participate in this poll since there isn't a WIN choice and I will ALWAYS (realistically or not) go in to each and every game expecting a win. Are the odds stacked against us? Absolutely. But I still believe in many of the PLAYERS on this team and I think we have a very legitimate shot to pull out a win at home this weekend.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I expect to see The Rams beat The Buffaloronto Willies.

I expect to see Brian Leonard make the blitz pick-ups that Dan Kreider has missed every week so far.

I expect to see Pace continue his incremental improvement & protect our QB's back.

I expect to see our much-touted OC come up with better Red Zone plays than that Minor run after SJ's long catch & rumble gave us a 1st & goal at Seattle's 5yd line.

I expect to see team-wide taking of personal responsibility for mistakes. No boneheaded plays like Dante's penalty that put us at the 5yd line to start a drive instead of the 20,etc.

I expect to see proven gamers like Holt & McMichael make plays. Don't give me this double-coverage crap. Big Game has become Big Gum. Time to put your teeth back in, old man, and play like the star you are paid to be.

I expect to hear many cry "oh, but it's the blocking & MB playing poorly" but if Looker can get open, the big names ought to be able to contribute something.Even Avery made himself a better target than they did.

I expect to see the o-line as a whole to improve from a much better performance last week that was lost in the turmoil of the defensive fiasco. Only one false start @ Qwest ?! That is pretty good focus,guys.Keep it up. I expect even more with Bell back in the lineup & the home crowd behind you.

I expect to see Long,Carriker and (please Lord) Little in Trent Edwards' grill all day.He can be forced into making mistakes. The Willies o-line is big but we can out-quick them on the edges.

I expect SJ to shut up & put up big numbers.The Raiders went for over a 100 yds rushing without Fargas & Mcfadden dinged. Stroud is a beast but Schobel is past his best as a pass-rusher. their D overall looks good statistically but who have they beaten ?

An injury-depleted Hags squad who hadn't yet worked their WRs into synch with Hasselbeck & playing in a torrential rainstorm?

The ever-nutty Raiders who looked better on paper because they beat up on the feeble Chiefs?

The Jags who were without, I believe, 3 of their starting o-line. Jeez, I can't imagine what that must do to a team...

In short, I expect to see a hard-fought game between two mediocre teams, one under-achieving for a myriad of reasons & the other over-achieving because they have had some good fortune in who they've played & when.

Failing all that, I expect a few more glimpses of the hot redheaded cheerleader to enjoy in my dreams as I sleep off my Sunday "medicine" after the game.

C'mon Ram Nation. Screw Linehan and all the other subplots in this cheesy soap opera. Talk some smack & have fun. Life's too short to lie down in front of some woolly cows.

Hey, Willies, wanna look at our Superbowl winners pics. The Lombardi Trophy is heavier than you'd think but then you wouldn't know, would ya ?! hehehe

I hear Ralph wants to change the name to Toronto Bridesmaid-never-the Brides. Catchy..
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-26-2008 at 04:05 PM.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Yeah, I expect the Rams to win too.

Somehow, that supercollider in Europe is going to open a portal to parallel earth where the Rams play to win and the coach has ability. That same portal somehow swallows up our earth's Rams and gives us this improved version in its stead.

The other earth has a nasty surprise coming up.

The new Rams will wonder when the city changed its name from Gateway City to St. Louis, but they will still band together to play better football.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

an...whipping.

punahou is offline Registered User

This is tough. The reason being that I want the Rams to succeed,

BUT

if that success in the form of a win over Buffalo means Linehan gets to keep his job.............

then, yes I think losing would be in the best interest of the team-- as
    paradoxical as that may sound.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice, take one step back so you can take two steps forward.

The 6th step would be to then get rid of Zygmunt.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    I guess I can't participate in this poll since there isn't a WIN choice and I will ALWAYS (realistically or not) go in to each and every game expecting a win. Are the odds stacked against us? Absolutely. But I still believe in many of the PLAYERS on this team and I think we have a very legitimate shot to pull out a win at home this weekend.
    Vegas must love you

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Besides the blow out. A lot of tension on the team. Players will probably ignore the coaches.

The only player who will be playing hard out there will be Chris Long.

If Green goes down, I expect Berlin to come in and play. Bulger will not play as long as Linehan is coach.

Linehan cries on the side line as he gets his termination papers.
    what do you think Howie is telling Chris about how to handle this mess,I wonder if Chris is still happy about being picked by the Rams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast