Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: what is your biggest concern about the 2012 rams?

general counsel is offline Registered User

what is your biggest concern about the 2012 rams?

My biggest concern is the offensive line. I think we are going to be a lot better on defense (notwithstanding the weakness at linebacker). I think our offensive weapons will improve. But we are betting very heavily on the return from serious injuries and erratic play of saffold and smith and one of our guard spots is highly suspect. For the millionth time, all the weapons in the world wont help sammy and jackson if sammy is flat on his ass and jackson has no room to run.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    mde8352gorams likes this.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Re: what is your biggest concern about the 2012 rams?

Yes, the offensive line is my biggest concern for sure. There are some really good pass rushers who will be gunning for Bradford this year. Let's just hope Smith and Saffold have a good season along with everyone else on the line.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Last year the Ravens picked up Andre Gurode and Bryant Mckinnie really late in theoffseason. Anything can happen. If I was the Rams i would sign Marcus Mcneil to play LT, move over Saffold to RT and put Smith at LG.
    RamsSB99 likes this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I think with a new coaching staff this squad will be fine on the o line.

I dont really have any big concerns anymore. I think we can make up for weaknesses in some areas with strengths in others.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

molbio44 is offline Registered User

I'd have to say I'm concerned about injuries. We were decimated last year, and I just hope everyone stays healthy.
    #39 Fan likes this.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

While I believe that we went too far with the four pillars last year now we've gone so far the other way with this draft that we may become the Bengals and have to have the bail bondsman on speed dial. ( I also agree that we didn't do enough for the offensive line.)

Rambos is offline Registered User

Still the O line... The new staff has eased my mind a bit, but Smith has been hurt more often then not. We did not get a day one starting OG as far as I can tell maybe we did, and I just don't know it.

Depth at the LB is still weak, not sure who the third starter is and who will be behind them.

Rookie FG kickers make me nervous.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Injuries...something we cant control for the most part and something that we are to accostmed to.

Postion wise its OT easy. Saffold and Smith sketch me out after last season.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

My biggest concern is still the wide receivers:

Who are the 2 outside receivers?

Will we see a healthy Steve Smith?

Can Brain Quick grasp our offense as quick as his name coming from a D-II school? Wide receivers dont normally dominate from year 1 (i know there are those exceptions)?

What are we going to get from Lance Kendricks?

How long can DX stay healthy?

Just too many concerns from our receivers...remember last year Sammy had to hold the ball in the pocket longer than he wanted to because our receivers could not get open

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

My top concerns for 2012 are going to be inexperience and team chemistry. We have the distraction of having our defensive coordinator suspended in the first year implementing the new system. Bradford will be throwing to two rookies and a free agent. On the DL, we'll be starting a free agent and another rookie. Corners? Free agent and a rookie. Special teams? Likely a free agent punter and a rookie kicker. At least one and possibly both of our outside linebackers will be free agent acquisitions. Even as the talent on the roster increases, we're likely to see more miscues in the short-term.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

My main concern is injuries. Some good players will go down for the year, we cant help nor fix that. I just hope that everyone stays healthy and is available for 16 games.

Other than that, I'm not too worried about the offensive line. I think Rokevious Watkins will be fine at OG especially next to Scott Wells and Harvey Dahl. I think Saffold and Smith will reach their potentials with Boudreau.

THE DREAM TEAM

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Wasn't boudreau the same o line coach loserhan had?

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

The O-line. Even if Saffold and Smith are completely healthy and can play well, we don't exactly have much depth along the line. Hopefully we will address this before the regular season starts. There will be a few guys available as rosters are whittled down in August.

Brian Shottenheimer can help enormously by designing plays that get the ball out of Sam's hand quickly - very quickly. Last year there were two correctible issues that really hurt us IMO:

1) Sam had to learn not only a new offense, but also assume responsibility for all the O-line calls.
    That's a lot to put on a 2nd year qb. This year we'll have an experienced pro (center Scott Wells) making those calls which should lighten Bradford's load considerably.

2) McDaniel's offense utilized far too many plays requiring deeper drops, thus taking more time to develop. As we well know, our injury decimated line frequently couldn't hold their blocks long enough to keep Sam from getting pounded. Shotty should be able to help out by game planning around the O's strengths with particular emphasis on keeping Sam upright.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I'm sure this won't go over well, but unlike most on the forum, I am concerned about this draft. I feel this is a high risk/high reward draft in which things can go very well or terribly wrong. We've cast our chips with three guys (Givens, Quick and Jenkins) who though talented, went to small schools and did not play against superior competition on a week in week out basis. Other receivers were rated ahead of Quick and Givens in the rounds they were selected on many draft boards. There are character concerns with a couple of these guys (Jenkins & the corner from Montana). Will Jenkins display his vast athleticism, grow up and stay out of trouble or will he be the sh**bird he's been throughout much of his college career? I'm not entirely dissatisfied with what we've done, but I do believe some people have blind faith in some of these picks.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -04-29-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Injuries.

Close second are the wide-receivers, we added guys with potential, but Bradford needs someone to actually catch the ball, not potentially catch it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast