RamWraith is offline Registered User

What is your favorite Faulk/Wistrom moment?

I don't know about anyone else here, but I for one will miss these 2 guys a bunch. They were true ambassadors to the game, and represented the Rams with nothing but class and dignity.

As a trip down memory lane, what is your favorite Wistrom/Faulk moment??

For me:

Wistrom - More of a personal moment. My daughter was born on draft day 1998, if she would have been a boy she would have been named Grant. In 2001 we met Grant at training camp in Macomb and he was told the story, he picked up my daughter and gave her a big hug, and said "be glad you born a girl". My daughter got a smile on her face I will never forget.

Faulk - It has to be in 1999 when we played the Falcons. Faulk was playing o.k. for the Rams up until this game, nothing spectacular. But this game was like a coming out party to the man we all came to love. He had like 180 yards rushing including a 50 yard td. We absolutely destroyed the Falcons and the whole football world started to take notice to just how special Marshall and this team really was. For me it was the bench-mark game after 10 years of losing. One I will never forget.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Lets do it in honor of Grant and Marshall

Marshall Faulk had to many great plays on the field to list. So here's my MF moment. It was Sunday, September 30th, 2001. My wife and I were in STL for the game against the Miami Dolphins. The Rams spanked the fish 42-10 that day. Right after the game we walked downtown to have dinner at TGIFs. Just before our meal arrived our waiter informed us that MF was in the house. To make a long story short, we proceeded to go sit with MF and his girlfriend behind the bar in one of the booths. Mf is a real gentlemen. Certainly made my day.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting GW. My moment was Sunday,
    October 14th, 2001. Myself and one of my best friends (VP of the local Giants fan club) were at my house watching the Rams and Giants battle at the Dome.
    The Rams had taken the lead near the end of the game by 1 point. The Giants were driving for the possible winning FG attempt. Lo and behold Giants QB Kerry Collins had a pass deflected and GRANT WISTROM intercepted the pass to seal the win 15-14 RAMS.

:r

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: What is your favorite Faulk/Wistrom moment?

Wistrom-My favorite Wistrom moment was when he intercepted that pass against the Falcons and he outran one of their wr's to score a td, it was great.

Faulk- This may seem strange to you guys but my favorite Marshall moment was against the Panthers in the playoffs when we lost. He took that game over and single handedly carried this team back to tie it up. He was running and recieving and he left everything on the field that day, he is a true champion. The game was a huge disappointment but Marshall was amazing, still think Martz should have gone for it we could have easily scored a td we had huge momentum.
    Just Fix It

rammiser is offline Registered User

I didnt want to get too far off subject but We had momentum and yes Bulger had thrown pics but I would rather lose throwing another pic rather then wasting almost 2 minutes just to tie the game but I digress.
    Just Fix It

RamWraith is offline Registered User

That was classic!! I forgot about that totally!!

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Wistrom-My favorite Wistrom moment was when he intercepted that pass against the Falcons and he outran one of their wr's to score a td, it was great.