bruce4life is offline Registered User

what is your guys' opinions on the depth of the defensive front...

as a group on clanram, what is your guys opinions on the depth of our defensive line??? do you guys think we have a formidable group upfront or de we need one more piece to the puzzle?????
    THOUGHTS PLEASE????

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: what is your guys' opinions on the depth of the defensive front...

I think there is good depth at DT, provided that the rookie class can come in and contribute and Wroten progresses.

At DE, I think the Rams are thin. There is a need to add a veteran with some pass rushing ability.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I think we need more pass-rushing ability up-front, as I see it we only really have Little, just like last year. None of our pick-ups are players that will substantially improve our pass-rush. We also need depth at DE, we only have 3 ends on our roster right now, Little, Adeyanju and Hall, we need another one I think, preferably a pass-rusher (should have been addressed in the draft).

At DT we have enough players in terms of numbers (enough depth, but not good enough front-line talent), but we're relying an awful lot on our draft class turning out at least one really good tackle (I'm looking at you Adam Carriker). I'm not comfortable relying this much on rookies. Apart from the rookies we have Kennedy and Glover and we all saw how ineffective that combo is last year.

Probably somewhat better than our situation last year, but I don't think our situation up-front looks good, unless a rookie really steps up which is unlikely (they say DT takes a few years to learn at the NFL level in most cases) but unpredictable. So, marginally better than last year, but not good is my current verdict (prove me wrong Kennedy, Glover etc.!).

LARamsFan99 is offline Registered User

Hey Guys! Whew - what an experience signing in here. One tip. You might let people know they need cookies turned on to navigate the site.

Otherwise, glad to be back. I was a member of this board back in the KlanRams days, but it seemed to have gone away.

It's nice to know its back, in an albeit more PC fashion.

Looking forward to reading the posts and particpating with other die hard Rams Fans!

GO RAMS!!!!!

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    I think we need more pass-rushing ability up-front, as I see it we only really have Little, just like last year. None of our pick-ups are players that will substantially improve our pass-rush. We also need depth at DE, we only have 3 ends on our roster right now, Little, Adeyanju and Hall, we need another one I think, preferably a pass-rusher (should have been addressed in the draft).

At DT we have enough players in terms of numbers (enough depth, but not good enough front-line talent), but we're relying an awful lot on our draft class turning out at least one really good tackle (I'm looking at you Adam Carriker). I'm not comfortable relying this much on rookies. Apart from the rookies we have Kennedy and Glover and we all saw how ineffective that combo is last year.

Probably somewhat better than our situation last year, but I don't think our situation up-front looks good, unless a rookie really steps up which is unlikely (they say DT takes a few years to learn at the NFL level in most cases) but unpredictable. So, marginally better than last year, but not good is my current verdict (prove me wrong Kennedy, Glover etc.!).
    NTs, however, often DO start in year one.

If they have limited responsibilities and aren't expected to contribute much to the pass rush, a rookie NT can start....it's not uncommon at all.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I think we have some good depth. We are looking pretty good on the interior of the line, I think that AC will be that monster we've been waiting for, and don't count JK out yet; with one full year at NT, the fact that it is his contract year, and that he will have some composition for once, it could be a solid year. Ryans looks like a guy who could be a contributor. I think with a healthy Hall, and Little we will have a solid pass rush; and don't count out VA. We do need to add another DE, but there is a possibility that Glover could be used as a rush end like Tyoka Jackson was.

Overall I think we will see a big improvement on th line this season.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

blood85 is offline Registered User

Welcome LARamsfan99.....yes, I also think we are solid at the DT,now, however,I still wonder if our secondary can play a notch or two better...