Varg6 is online now Registered User

For whatever it's worth.

I live in New Jersey.

Back in high school, basically everyone was a Giants fan. Before the Giants had won the Superbowl with Coughlin and Eli, I kid you not, every fan wanted Coughlin's head. They constantly belittled Eli Manning sounding as if they weren't even fans to begin with. The fans said things like Coughlin needs to be on the hot seat and Eli needs to be traded.

Well, after their miraculous season with Steve Spagnuolo being the DC, they won the Superbowl against a team that had not lost a game in the regular season. Now they are one of the most respected teams and all the Giants fans are always smiling. They love Eli and they love Coughlin's demeanor.

My point is simply this: It took the Giants a few years before they got to where they are now. The same thing is happening to the Rams and unfortunately we are probably even more behind than they ever were. But things do change and Spags comes from a winning formula team. He knows how to win.

Spags wants discipline and so far he hasn't gotten virtually any from his players. These things take time and unfortunately patience. I was watching the Giants game yesterday and you'll notice that they rarely commit any penalties, they are a well-coached team. Spags wants the same thing with the Rams but it's going to take a few years.

I know these are rough and I mean rough times for us but things are going to get better. These young guys show their inexperience on the field but over time they develop and become better players. You have to give them a chance.

I believe that we have coaches who know how to win and they are implementing that same strategy from their former teams. When we've had players being used to being bad players, it's going to take a long time to get them to be winners. But rest assured I think we are heading in the right direction regardless of the ownership situation. These things take time but in a season like this I would like to see improvement regardless of losing. And so far, at least defensively we've seen improvements.

Just keep on believing...our faith will be rewarded!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: For whatever it's worth.

So varg, this is all good to note, but how do we know the Rams have the right coaching staff in place? Spags went to the Giants and they improved. He is with us now. That does not mean the same thing is going to happen for us. Two completely different teams, two different coaching staffs, two different sets of players.

Do you believe one man can change this team that much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Re: For whatever it's worth.

Well they know how to win (especially Spags) and they've been around success. I believe we have the right coaches but the players need time to get better.

I think the issue is years of crappy players being drafted. There's only so much one can do. We need to surround ourselves with more talent but we don't have much of it. Most of the good players the Giants had were there already, we don't have that luxury and that results in a few years of key free agent acquisitions and great draft picks. But as far as the coaches go, do I know for a fact they are right for the job? No, but I have faith and I certainly didn't feel that way with Linehan even before the 8-8 season we had under him.
    Last edited by Varg6; -10-05-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams