View Poll Results: Why do people keep dissing Jackson?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • He doesn't have a touchdown

3 11.54%
  • His last name isn't Faulk

13 50.00%
  • He doesn't have over 300 yards rushing

0 0%
  • I don't know, but until he gets under 90yds rushing shut there mouth

10 38.46%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Whats everyones deal with Jackson?

Its not specifically here but on others boards and things people are blaming Jackson for todays loss, and the offensive sputtering. Jackson has 224 yards rushing, which if he keeps it up will have over 1,600 yards and people are blaming him for the problems.

Why is it?

RamsFan16

BIG-BLUE is online now Registered User

Re: Whats everyones deal with Jackson?

I voted for Jackson to quit doing the icky shuffle. It seems way to many times he gets the handoff & is ready to hit the hole and he stutter steps, JUST HIT THE FRICKIN HOLE. Jackson is a downhill power runner, simple. I want him to hit the hole with his devasting power. Now by no means do i blame him for todays loss. I love this young back I just want to see him play up to what he does best & quit trying to be Marshall

bigredman is offline Registered User

He does do alot of "look at me" stuff after breaking a decent run. He needs to go back to the huddle and slap the linemen on the butt for giving him the hole to run through. The guy appears to be a glory hound to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I haven't voted because none of those options appeal or apply to me. I'm more sympathetic to the BRM view of the situation. I just wish he'd play. Just play. Right now he would seem to be, so I have no issue with him outside of ones previously expressed.

Milan is offline Registered User

I havent seen him do any sort of celebrating, he gets the run, someone comes and slaps his helmet, and he slaps theirs.

I say cause he hasn't gotten a TD yet. But he should get one soon.

He's a great back, he's got Davis to mentor him, he's got Linehan calling his number...all he needs to do now is hit the hole, I remember the one run where he got stuffed by the lineman, the whole outside was open for like 2 seconds, but he stutter-stepped and then tried going outside and got stuffed.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

SJ is a good back still learning. I don't think the "GREAT" back label fits yet.
    We are spoiled ( Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk ) and need to give this guy some time. He is a bruiser that needs to concentrate on the big 3rd/4th and short yardage situations. The big runs are sweet but the crunch time plays are more important.

How much confidence does Linehan have in him ? 4th and 1 and we through a 2 yard pass to Holt ?

:r

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

lots of good points here, but i agree with BRM,a little less self promotion after a good run and a little more focus on cutting down on the negative yardage plays.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    How much confidence does Linehan have in him ? 4th and 1 and we through a 2 yard pass to Holt ?
    Interesting that you bring that up, because I have been thinking about it that a lot actually. What I wonder is did Bulger audible to that play when we actually had a run called. I seem to remember Linehan a little mad at Bulger when he was talking to him on the sideline after that play. I just don't remember if we called a timeout right after that play or a couple plays later, but coach didn't look happy talking to Bulger and if it were me I would be upset that he audibled to that play also. So it might not be as big an issue as it looks.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Varg6 is offline Registered User

He's amazing but sometimes those stutter steps messes him up with his blocker(s). That's my only problem with him so far. For the most part, he's excellent.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Interesting that you bring that up, because I have been thinking about it that a lot actually. What I wonder is did Bulger audible to that play when we actually had a run called. I seem to remember Linehan a little mad at Bulger when he was talking to him on the sideline after that play. I just don't remember if we called a timeout right after that play or a couple plays later, but coach didn't look happy talking to Bulger and if it were me I would be upset that he audibled to that play also. So it might not be as big an issue as it looks.
    For what it's worth, I believe Savard and Snow on the radio broadcast mentioned after that throw that that's the kind of thing Bulger can now do in this offense, and they were talking about it as if it was a QB adjustment based on what the defense was giving them. So yeah, I think that one was on Bulger.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    The timeout was called by Linehan right after that play. The TV announcers were saying that it appeared that Bulger had changed the play and coach wasn't too happy about it. Personally I don't care as long as it works.
    Sprtsmac :football:

shortman1984 is offline Registered User

Well i really have nothing against Jackson..Only think i really can say that does get me a little upset is that Jackson will carry like five guys on his back on a 1st and 10 and really push for 4 yards are so..but when it is 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 he seems to not be able to even get a yard..almost loses a yard everytime and same thing usually happens on the goal like like 3rd and 1 on the one yard line and he cant get in the endzone.....That makes me a little upset sometimes..I think he is a great talent but needs to move the chains on the critical downs....

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

He has gained over 100 yards in two strait games despite the poor play of the offensive line.

These people are probably hoping that Faulk will some day return to past glory.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

brawleyramfan is offline Registered User

Before Jackson our offense was sputtering, its not the O-line, It's not the D, It's "Oh God Look at the Big Scary D Lineman BULGER" this guy is a scary guy. He has no command presence, he is not a leader and that's why we can't get our O going now, then or ever. He (bulger) will be our undoing. He is the last remnant of Marty Ball, sorry guys he still has a bad habit of holding on to the ball too long and can not adjust to defences. We need a change and its a long time coming.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    He has gained over 100 yards in two strait games despite the poor play of the offensive line.

These people are probably hoping that Faulk will some day return to past glory.
    Actually, I saw Eric Dickerson the other day. His body looks very good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast