Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

  1. #16
    Fargo Ram Fan's Avatar
    Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fargo,ND
    Age
    50
    Posts
    724
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Good work 'G' Men!

    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

  2. #17
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    The only other thing I could've wished for, is that the Giants beat them by 1 instead of 4, so the safety would've been the difference.
    I would say the safety made the difference. It gave the giants 2 points, the ball, and then the drove down field for 7. So that one mistake by Brady took points from the pats by not being able to drive down field and gave the giants a 9 point advantage.

  3. #18
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    The safety gave Brady one less drive to work with, and one more drive was all he needed. I think it's safe to say the safety made a huge difference, it set a bad tone for the Pats for the entire game.

    Also, I think the Pats focused too much on turnovers and not enough on tackling. Too many times I saw Giants players rumbling for a few extra yards, and sometimes a 1st, while the Pats players tried to strip the ball instead of making a good tackle. Tackle first, only strip if you have the tackle in hand or the ball is easy to knock out.

    Don't get me wrong, I giggled like a school girl reading the Yahoo article on how upset Tom Brady was after the game, but I think the Pats beat themselves more than the Giants beat the Pats. Tons of missed opportunities.

  4. #19
    Rammed's Avatar
    Rammed is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Would have liked this officiating crew back when we played the cheatriots. They made it a hell of a game, great calls only 9 flags I think.

  5. #20
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,992
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    While I was glad to see the Patriots lose, the game that really mattered to me was watching WHINERS lose two weeks ago.

  6. #21
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,289
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rammed View Post
    Would have liked this officiating crew back when we played the cheatriots.
    Amen to that. When Brady was called for the safety, it took me back to the final drive in SB 36 where an obvious grounding wasn't called on him, keeping the drive alive and setting up the FG that was like a shot through the heart. Oh what could have been if there was an officiating crew that called a fair game.

  7. #22
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,245
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rammed View Post
    Would have liked this officiating crew back when we played the cheatriots. They made it a hell of a game, great calls only 9 flags I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Amen to that. When Brady was called for the safety, it took me back to the final drive in SB 36 where an obvious grounding wasn't called on him, keeping the drive alive and setting up the FG that was like a shot through the heart. Oh what could have been if there was an officiating crew that called a fair game.
    WOW!! While I thought the Safety call was a good omen, it was about the only thing the officials did that was in the Giants' favor. The second quarter OL holding that took away a first down in scoring position, and eventually resulted in a punt, that then provided just enough time for a cheatroits score, was one of the most lame OL Holding calls in the playoffs. While it could have been holding, it also could have been a DL that fell from getting himself off balance. It was also a WHOLE LOT LESS holding than what the cheatroits got away with on the 20 yd pass from the 15 that started the drive that resulted from the bogus/ticky-tack OL holding. There were also at least 3 blatant pass interference that would have extended Giants' drives that weren't called. There was also a hit out of bounds (barely, but callable) that you could see the CB cautiously looking around, expacting the flag to be thrown.

    I am VERY GRATEFUL that the officials called that penalty, as they have let the cheats get away with that more than I core to count, but they were far from fair.


    gap
    Last edited by gap; -02-06-2012 at 09:44 PM.

  8. #23
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,289
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    WOW!! While I thought the Safety call was a good omen, it was about the only thing the officials did that was in the Giants' favor. The second quarter OL holding that took away a first down in scoring position, and eventually resulted in a punt, that then provided just enough time for a cheatroits score, was one of the most lame OL Holding calls in the playoffs. While it could have been holding, it also could have been a DL that fell from getting himself off balance. It was also a WHOLE LOT LESS holding than what the cheatroits got away with on the 20 yd pass from the 15 that started the drive that resulted from the bogus/ticky-tack OL holding. There were also at least 3 blatant pass interference that would have extended Giants' drives that weren't called. There was also a hit out of bounds (barely, but callable) that you could see the CB cautiously looking around, expacting the flag to be thrown.

    I am VERY GRATEFUL that the officials called that penalty, as they have let the cheats get away with that more than I core to count, but they were far from fair.


    gap
    I guess we just see things differently. I saw a well officiated game, with a few close calls, like the holding call you yourself said "while it could have been holding".
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -02-06-2012 at 10:48 PM.
    THOLTFAN81 and Rammed like this.

  9. #24
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,441
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Besides watching the Pats get another ass whoopin from the G-men and seeing Tom Brady cry like the baby he is. This Super Bowl proves that defense still wins championships.
    molbio44 likes this.

  10. #25
    nuclearman's Avatar
    nuclearman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Agree

    Well done to the NYG's for eliminating the whiners and the cheatriots !!

  11. #26
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I would say the safety made the difference. It gave the giants 2 points, the ball, and then the drove down field for 7. So that one mistake by Brady took points from the pats by not being able to drive down field and gave the giants a 9 point advantage.
    There's no guarantee they would have scored on that possession, but I'd also note that if not for the safety, they only would have needed a field goal at the end. If all they needed was to move the ball 50-60 yards in the final minute and then kick a FG, their odds of success would have been much higher than when they needed the full 80 yards and the TD.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

  12. #27
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,245
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Whats the next best thing thing to a Rams win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    There's no guarantee they would have scored on that possession, but I'd also note that if not for the safety, they only would have needed a field goal at the end. If all they needed was to move the ball 50-60 yards in the final minute and then kick a FG, their odds of success would have been much higher than when they needed the full 80 yards and the TD.
    While I agree that the Safety was as important as any other score in this game; without it the G-Men would have kicked the extra point instead of going for two. That would have made a point spread of three (without the Safety) instead of two. It is my understanding that going for two was only to run more time off of the clock. I can see no other benefit to going for two in the scenario.


    gap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. The One Thing That Seattle Has That The Rams Don't
    By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: -01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
  2. Rams, I just have one thing to say to you
    By sjacksonrules in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-28-2010, 09:26 PM
  3. The Only Thing Better Than a Rams Win
    By chucknbob in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-27-2010, 12:34 AM
  4. Rams Ready for Real Thing
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-04-2006, 09:25 PM
  5. The first thing the Rams need to do is...
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -11-21-2005, 02:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •