sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Whats our Identity?

Hey guys, what is our identity?

Are we going to go back to running lots like last year... or do we plan on having Sam throw 55 passes every game?

What would fit our style better? Which do you guys think we should do?

Also, I think if were more on the "passing side" now, I say go after VJ,

What do you think?

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Re: Whats our Identity?

I see why people want VJ. but I wouldn't, I first would like to see how we do this year with our recievers, and if we don't do to well then I'll go for a WR in the draft. I just think a good rookie is better than an aging vet.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

We should be a run-heavy offense but Bradford looks to be capable of managing a balanced offense, SJ39 took his lumps last Sunday but he should be breaking through that weak Raiders run-defense and carry his usual 100+ yds games.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'm trying to stay away from all the VJ talk...but he had to be included. And Flip I agree with you. I think the Cards just had great penetration stopping the run and forcing us to pass.. I hope SJ39 GOES CRAZYYY in Oakland...and we win of course

DPskywalker is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I see why people want VJ. but I wouldn't, I first would like to see how we do this year with our recievers, and if we don't do to well then I'll go for a WR in the draft. I just think a good rookie is better than an aging vet.
    "Aging Vet?!?!?"

He's 27! ANd in his prime!

If we draft AJ Green (or whoever), there's a 40/60 chance he pans out to be as good as VJ...and if he is, we have to pay him like a Pro Bowler.

Why use a 2nd and get the player we hope that pick becomes...as he's entering his prime?!? We can use our 1st as we see fit.

I just don't understand why people assume 1st rounders are "guaranteed" to pan out. Quite the contrary! Let's get the guaranteed pan out with a 2nd, instead!

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I think last week was partially due to the Cards defense, and partly Spags proving a point. I think he was showing everyone that the Rams are comfortable throwing the football.

The more teams start focusing on our pass, the more holes it opens up for Jax.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    "Aging Vet?!?!?"

He's 27! ANd in his prime!

If we draft AJ Green (or whoever), there's a 40/60 chance he pans out to be as good as VJ...and if he is, we have to pay him like a Pro Bowler.

Why use a 2nd and get the player we hope that pick becomes...as he's entering his prime?!? We can use our 1st as we see fit.

I just don't understand why people assume 1st rounders are "guaranteed" to pan out. Quite the contrary! Let's get the guaranteed pan out with a 2nd, instead!
    then again he's still not guarenteed to stay with us after this year, he could be doing the same thing with us next season that he's doing with the Bolts right now....

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I think we will be alot more balanced, not in terms of passing/running per game, but the fact the team has the ability(at least shown ability thus far) to be run heavy in one game and passing more in others all within the course of their own situations. Oh, and didnt Bradford throw a load of those passes in the last couple of drives? On the same token, I think VJ would kill in this offense. Once again, our WR's have shown ability, but do we have the consistency to make plays when needed most? I'll be selfish and wauit until at least the second game to answer that. Im not holding my breath for VJ, but would love for the FO to make a move to give us more of a true balance that defenses cant just come out and dare us to air it out....