throwback week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: What's the point of the "Rams will be picking in top 5 next year" comments?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    The greatest posts of them all are the ones that say "I can't believe the Rams drafted Jack Blowhard, we could have had Jim Studwacker or Rock Bonebreaker with that pick. They are much better players. GAH! I can't believe we passed them up."

This, knowing that you have not even the tinest fraction of info that the coaches and front office does ...

Wait... are you saying we seriously had a chance to draft JIM STUDWACKER and we passed!?!?!?!?! Oh my God do we suck!

SeqArtMark Guest

I understand being disappointed with a draft pick, especially after such a long time of being down. However, getting Sam Bradford seems to be the exact right move for St. Louis.

Here's the truth of the matter: the Rams are a bad team! I don't mean that in a disrespectful way because I think they're heading in the right direction. However, one DT isn't going to turn it around anymore than a QB will turn it around. They're just missing a lot of pieces.

Let's just say they got Suh, and McCoy was around in the second round (assuming Clausen was gone). If Colt McCoy was really the guy, he would've been drafted sooner. But if he's merely serviceable (which I think is the case), then why draft him at all since there so many other needs? So maybe you get some O-line help or shore up the defense a bit. Y
    ou get a couple of okay

On the other hand, you can just as easily sit Bradford until he's ready and there are more pieces around him. Next year when you still win a couple of games, you can add some pieces but now you've got a QB ready to take the field. He's sat for a year (or not) and now he knows the speed of the game and the system. Even without a lot of pieces, he's gonna do a lot more good than a rookie QB (or some second-rate castoff from another team). A good QB can cover up a lot of other flaws on a team.

Suh would've been a great addition, but would he have helped more than Bradford can? Plus, who wants to go to a game and see a defensive tackle get double-teamed all game? On the other hand, hot young QB's tend to draw a crowd and sell tickets.

Like I said, it's just a good move.
    pieces, win 4-5 games, and pick 5th overall next year. Are you really that much better off?

rampower is offline Registered User

I think its the variety of opinions that make forums great. I have the capability to be emoition led and hope the rams win lots next year. I can also put my 100% logical hat on and see that with no established WR corp, no major strides made on the D (outside of another year getting to grips with the schemes and player development/improvements on personal levels) we probably wont win a whole bunch of games next year. That doesn't trouble me all that much, even though I am so sick of losing I sometimes really do question why I carry on, every time we lose infact. Then on monday I wake up and look forward to next weekend, in the faint hope we will win, even though I know we most likely wont.

Telling the truth doesn't mean you don't hope they will lose, or that you ain't a fan and will watch them to the end.

Spags and co are building the right way for the future of the franchise, rather than to win now, which is great if they don't get fired. Why? If they do our young D and WR's, and rookie qb will be learning new schemes the following year which sets us back another year, more if they desire a different squad for different purposes.

Being negative is a defense mech as well as sometimes people just need to get some football frustrations off their chest. We have had a few recently, last year tested many a fans will, I cant say I found much of it in enjoyable.

We are due some luck though, we have had way too much bad of recent times.

Heres hoping times are a changin.

And I reserve my right to change my mind whenever I feel like it!
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Does anybody know Jim Studwhacker's 40 yard time?

TheRammer Guest

You gotta be kidding me? Every team goes thrrough up and downs, It's part of the business some alot less or more than others. Finally it appears we have some quality upper management and a HC with the exception of a owner but either of our options is much better than the last one we had.. Nothing but good thing scoming to this organization and anyone who knows much about the inner workings of football would see this and as a fan this should strike you as the best start to a off season for the last four years..

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    You gotta be kidding me? Every team goes thrrough up and downs, It's part of the business some alot less or more than others. Finally it appears we have some quality upper management and a HC with the exception of a owner but either of our options is much better than the last one we had.. Nothing but good thing scoming to this organization and anyone who knows much about the inner workings of football would see this and as a fan this should strike you as the best start to a off season for the last four years..
    This is exactly what Im talking about, Rammer. Most analysts ( this includes former football players) and other teams fans ALMOST ALWAYS bash the Rams, saying " they have too many holes" or " they are a team in shambles. But everybody goes through it, some more or less than others. But we do not actually. We are only a couple pieces away from winning just like any other team who has less than 5 wins or so.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Does anybody know Jim Studwhacker's 40 yard time?
    Jim Studwhackers 40 time was 4.93. And Bradfords was 4.94 GAH!!! Studwhacker's totally faster!

you suck FO!

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Thank you for this post AV. Thank you thank you thank you.

TucsonRamFan Guest

well, being my first post here at ClanRam, its good to see some optimism, have been on many boards, and I too get tired of all the doomsday posts, but hey, we're Rams fans, have been for years and years, so we have seen our many years of suffering, but I will never forget when I thought all was lost when Trent green went down, Oh crap, we're finished, who's this arena football QB Kurt Who, oh no, throw the year away, we are finished, and look what happened... there is always hope, Spags is working on our defense, I know there has been alot of whining(at least from the board I just left) about our not picking up more D players, well, I think if we can get our flippin Offense to stay on the field for a while, then maybe our defense wouldnt faint in the fourth quarter from being on the field the entire flippin game! I LOVE this draft, Bradford has serious potential, I Like the new O lineman we got, Gilyard is gonna be a freakin STUD, and Avery will step it up this year, just watch, Selvie was a STEAL, and the rest of the rookie crew has some pretty good potential, I am not delirious thinking we will have a stellar season, but hopeful we can pull out 5 or 6 wins, get our rookies and Sam a year under their belt, do some nice FA work in the offseason, decent draft next year, and 2011 could be a stellar year for us. And Oh yeah, I think we still have that guy Jackson playing for us, and we just drafted a couple nice blocking TE's to help open holes for him. No Naysayer here, lots of hope, and always a die hard Horn Head!

AlphaRam Guest

Two things that people should consider.

1. Linehan isn't here to tear down the team anymore. That alone should offer up hope.
    2. How can you be a fan if you have no optimism or hope? Life must suck to have the glass half empty with piss.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

I've been saying (to myself I thought) in numerous post, that all it takes to win some games is guys emerging. Don't tank your season before it starts by thinking your going to lose already. Just look at how many close games we had last year with such a bad squad on the field. I'm simply glad it seems none of our players feel the way fans do or we would fulfill our own prophecies here.

Maybe i'm a sucker but I believe that just about anything can happen, and the difference between it happening or not, is if you're willing to do something about it.

When did Rams Nation turn into the most pitiful fans in the game? There IS reason for hope and I see the signs of change and stability everywhere for the first time since I started to follow the team in 1998. 1999-2003 were great years but still consisted of the same poor management and drafting that has us in the abyss we're steadily climbing out of now. Calling for a coaches head every time something bad happens will not improve anything. In fact it will likely make everything worse as your changing philosophies, schemes, personel, and relationships.

Rams 2010~

DieHardRamsFan1381 Guest

look im a big rams fan and have been for year. i cant really complain about the stupid post people put up cause im one of them. i just dont see how people now can tell fans of a certine team they should not post stupid threads. i mean i see some stupid treads on here. i mean i understand that its a forum to talk about their favorite team with other fans. i mean giving negitive rep to someone cause they post a thread you think is stupid is just plan dumb. i know who ever reads this is gonna look at my rep and say somethin stupid cause ive got bad rep. but when did become being a fan of a team mean you always have to agree with everything they do. i get last year was their first year with spags but so was the lions,bucs,jets,broncos i mean it was all their first years with those coachs and they didnt do as bad as the ram minus the buc and lion. but they still won more games then us. im sure ill get some negitive rep but who cares really how can random people basically say how much of a rams fan you are.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardRamsFan1381 View Post
    look im a big rams fan and have been for year.
    I would realy think someone who calls himself DIEHARD would understand how real fans hate it when someone puts down their team all the time. I started watching and rooting for the Rams durring Super Bowl XIV. That was January 20 1980. I have followed them good times and bad. Thats what being a fan is to me. If you want to hate on them and call yourself a fan then go ahead. Pull up a chair and pop the top off a can of hateraid and hate on them. I don't and I can't. They are my team to the bitter end.

TucsonRamFan Guest

Dang, I even have a Tony Banks Jersey in my closet (right Next to my Youngblood throwback jersey) I must be a pittiful Ram fan

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think it’s worth making an important distinction here.

It’s one thing to be a fan with no hope or optimism or reason to cheer for his team. This may be characterized by someone not even cheering for his team on gameday, bashing every move that they make, criticizing every game-time decision, etc etc. This is the fan who says, “The Rams will be lucky to win three games because they’re awful and none of the players they’ve added could ever make a difference.” I agree with those who would wonder how that person could even consider themselves a “fan” of the Rams.

It’s another thing to be a fan who, while cheering for the Rams to win every game of the year, looks at the team’s situation and tries to make a realistic assessment of what they think an outcome is going to be based on how the roster appears to look now, possibly resulting in a prediction that isn’t entirely positive. This is the fan who says, “The Rams have added some good pieces this offseason, but will probably win four or five games as they’re just too bereft of talent to do much better at the moment.”

I would be careful not to loop all of these people into one big generalization simply due to their prediction of how the Rams will do (which is related to where one might expect them to pick in next year’s draft). I don’t think the latter example from above is an indication of someone giving up on their team, and I would hope the people who make that claim will still be cheering for the Rams to win every game they play in 2010.

For instance, I consider myself an optimistic person when it comes to being a fan, but my projection for the Rams in 2010 is 4-6 wins, and if the last three years of standings and draft slotting is any indicator, that would mean the Rams would be picking somewhere between picks five and ten.

Of course, my argument wouldn’t be that the Rams will only win four games because they suck and they’ve blown this offseason and they’re doomed to failure. Rather, my argument would be that, for a team that won one game last year and six in the last three years, a season of 4-6 wins would be a significant improvement over where they’ve been and a sign they’re on the right path.

I don’t think the issue is the prediction, but rather where that prediction is coming from.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast