AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What's the problem here?

We've had the charity raffle up for nearly a week, and so far, we have more prizes than contributers.

We have 2,000+ members, and we can't even get 20 people to contribute to a worthy charity - even with prizes.

I'm very disappointed.

Its ten freaking dollars!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: What's the problem here?

I am very bad about doing things without deadlines....I'll have to blame that on my accounting background.

I'll go put some money in the fund now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well Paypal may be your problem. I have used it before and it was never this painful. Why can't you just pay on a credit card? Why is it necessary to fill out all that crap information?

I failed to make the donation. I forgot which email I used and which password I used and now they want my banking information.....
    :tut

Guess I will try again later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I just sent a check, just do that guys, lets all pitch in shall we?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Some of us have already decided which charities we are going to give to. I would not let an employer badger me into donating to the United Way, and I am not going to let my football talk chat board pressure me into donating to the Holt Foundation.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

1. The deadline is May 10.

2. You don't have to use PayPal. If you click the link, it gives you two options. PayPal (right side) and secure checkout (left side). The latter allows you to use any credit or debit card (I know this, because I contributed, and I don't have a PayPal account). You also have Option 3 - sending a check directly to RamWraith.

3. I fail to see the analogy to an employer coercing employees to donate to the United Way. If you don't want to donate, that's fine. I just am very surprised that we have so many members who seem to be turning down the chance to have a question answered by Torry Holt (or a chance at Ram prizes) for a mere $10.00 donation to a worthy cause.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I do understand both sides of the posts here ! I have donated myself and would hope that others do the same , But I do understand others point of view , I hope this does not bring any poor feeling toward each other or anything else , This is a great cause GO! RAMS!

I don't have a set idea for what sort of donations I will make, but I tend towards donating to organizations that people that I know recommend. So if someone is running in a race and asks for a donation, I give them one. If Torry Holt is big on this one, I'll send some money in. I don't think it is a big deal to ask for donations recommended by a Ram player on a Ram website.

PayPal seems to know my credit card number from prior payments using Paypal and the site would not let me pay by credit card without going through Paypal. I am sending a check in instead. So much easier, for me at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]