FestusRam is offline Registered User

Whats really exciting to me

Havent really been on here much lately but just wanted to throw this out there and i figure most of you feel the same way.

The most exciting thing to me about the Rams is after this Chargers win i feel like theyre a completely new team. After starting off 2-2 i was very optimistic but at the same time i remember a couple of years ago when Haslett stepped up and we one two games in a row. After those games we lost every other one.

After the loss to the lions and losing Clayton, i was somewhat expecting us to plummet and end this season on a bad note. But after watching the Chargers game i think they proved something huge. I think they proved they are a legit team in this league and are on the uprise. I was excited about the wins against the Skins and Hawks but i wasnt so sure if we were all that good. IMO beating the Chargers put us on a whole dif level and no one can call all of these wins flukes. They dismantled the high powered offense as our offense got going too. This isnt just another rams team of the past 3 years that decided to show up for a couple gamers. This teams legit and are actually playoff contenders as of now. Thats exciting

Besides that im pumped about seeing what Danario can do. I see no flaws in his game except his injuries. Im excited we finally have a tall big body that we can throw the ball up to in the endzone so hopefully they get him in more plays this week.

GO RAMS!!!!! 3-3

viper is offline Registered User

Re: Whats really exciting to me

We're all excited about our team right now. And, most of us feel that the worst days are behind us and that the team is definitely on the rise. It feels good to be a Rams fan right now!

Go Rams!!! Beat dem Bucs!

DPskywalker is offline Registered User

Canton Sam will not lead us astray.

Go Rammies!!!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Agreed. I think you both touched on it; the general and perhaps obvious consensus around Rams nation is that we have indeed improved big time with only more room for improving. I think the game in TB will be huge, as it proves ( at least for that particular week) that we can win a game on the road, which is what everyone is hoping for right now. Everyone knows that this teams success will be measured on that stick. I think if we can do that then who knows what our RAMS can do IF WE DO make the playoffs. The sky is the limit.

Here is how us winning now ( and we only need continue to keep winning; dont let up now boys!) is having such a positive effect in so many ways:

1) Fans will increase by the numbers, as they have been reluctant to come out due to all the "losing" the last three years. When the fanbase increases, the ticket sales, revenue, and overall team income increases.
    2) Free agents, whether they are good or elite, will now consider coming to play for our team as supposed to hardly if ever wanting to come because most figure" why would I play for such a losing team" This in turn will make the team even stronger.
    3) The general level of respect, admiration, and honour for this team will change. We will start to eventually get our coverage back on FOX or some other channel.
    4) Our draft suddenly becomes deeper and less stressful, because of not such a high pick like number one; if we keep playing this well we may end up with a pick like say 6-10 which is significantly less of a financial burden on the team's salary cap ( if it is still there; I heard talk that they were deciding on removing it). Teams will be willing to trade more with us. We can go and sign whoever we want at the right price whilst having a massive impact draft, with one impact player and a host of other good serviceable players.

I just cannot continue to tell you the numerous benefits winning has on a team like ours. It doesnt just show record wise; it means a whole lot more.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post

Besides that im pumped about seeing what Danario can do. I see no flaws in his game except his injuries. Im excited we finally have a tall big body that we can throw the ball up to in the endzone so hopefully they get him in more plays this week.

GO RAMS!!!!! 3-3
    Whoa slow down there. No flaws might be a bit of a reach.

Coming out of college, the concerns about his game besides his durability was his route running (since the school he went to did not run pro routes), his deep speed, and his physicality off the line of scrimmage to beat the press.

I saw some good speed on Sunday. His route running is not able to judge yet because the coaches limited his routes to routes that did not require sharp cuts and turns due to his knee.

I'll admit Alexander is an intriguing player, and he excites me. But we'll have to see more first before we say there's no flaws.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Pretender or contender? I choose contender hands down. There's fight in these Rams and i'm excited as ever. We have a real shot at the division and it looks like we're getting some respect. My #28 jersey broke out of the closet again and now its time to renew my faith and go get a #8. RAAAMS BAAABY!!!
    Last edited by Guam rammer; -10-21-2010 at 06:49 AM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    Here is how us winning now ( and we only need continue to keep winning; dont let up now boys!) is having such a positive effect in so many ways:

1) Fans will increase by the numbers, as they have been reluctant to come out due to all the "losing" the last three years. When the fanbase increases, the ticket sales, revenue, and overall team income increases.
    MORE $$$ GOTTA BE A GOOD THING!

2) Free agents, whether they are good or elite, will now consider coming to play for our team.
    MAYBE WE DON'T WANT THEM ANYMORE!

3) We will start to eventually get our coverage back on FOX or some other channel.
    I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE GO PRIME TIME!!
    All good points. I was especially interested in the ones I bolded answers to in red. Thanks for those points, I feel there is a lot of validity here. Now I am even more excited about our team's future! Glad to be a Rams fan!

GO RAMS!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Whoa slow down there. No flaws might be a bit of a reach.

Coming out of college, the concerns about his game besides his durability was his route running (since the school he went to did not run pro routes), his deep speed, and his physicality off the line of scrimmage to beat the press.

I saw some good speed on Sunday. His route running is not able to judge yet because the coaches limited his routes to routes that did not require sharp cuts and turns due to his knee.

I'll admit Alexander is an intriguing player, and he excites me. But we'll have to see more first before we say there's no flaws.
    Yeah i get what your saying. By no flaws i meant more or less just what i saw in the game and the fact that we didnt even have to draft him. I wasnt evaluating him as a player i was only saying IMO hes looking like he COULD BE the total package. I know theres many flaws he will still have to smooth out as a injury prone rookie.

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

There's bound to be flaws in his game....he just started his NFL career. They just weren't too apparent last Sunday. Hope he does it again this week at Tampa, flaws and all!