Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By FestusRam

Thread: What's The Worth?

CanadaRam is offline Registered User

What's The Worth?

Lots of talk about how Sammy B doesn't deserve how much he is making. So my questions is: How much, in your opinion, SHOULD he make a year?

(It's the off-season, and this is something to talk about!)

FestusRam is online now Registered User

Re: What's The Worth?

He should make whatever was given to him in his contract. He was drafted first because of his stellar college career. He earned that spot at the top of the draft and he deserves the money. I'm not going to bash him because of a flawed system that had teams paying players top dollar who haven't even played a snap in the NFL. The rookie wage scale never should've been setup like that, but it is what it is.
    jjigga3000 and citr92 like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If we're basing his salary on production, he should be making about half of what he's making.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Lets see what he can do with all the pieces put around him first, before discussing his worth.

He came into the league with out much of what one can consider weapons, and that was mostly true for most of his stint with the Rams. The Rams made just 2 pickups in the weapons department, Austin/Cook, and still nothing for what the Rams can say are stellar WR.

Last season along with prior ones the OL was average in a division that is stacked with defense. I am often fond of saying "I am not interested in excuses, but results". However that too is a fine line. Its not Bradford's fault unless he is the one making personal decisions which of course he is not. Considering the defects he has had to deal with, he has done rather well.

I am not so forgiving though with the Ram's coaching staffs, including Fisher and Co. I don't expect the Rams to go bankrupt gaining pricy fixes that are questionable, but I expect the scouting staff and coaching staff to do a much better job. Point of fact, if I was the Ram's owner, I'd be asking them directly with all the undrafted talent teams have on their squads, why the where not on my team.

The Rams MUST, no excuses, fix that OL, MUST innovate the offense and acquiring a WR core, MUST strengthen an already good defense and MUST have a 5 year plan. Failure to accomplish these very obtainable goals will if the Rams are lucky see another 7-9 season or perhaps 9-7 record--either way that's unacceptable. The goal is 11-6 record and a playoff birth

MACD is offline Registered User

Stupidest thread ever.

CanadaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    Stupidest thread ever.
    Solid comment, I never thought of it like that. I'm really happy you took the time out of what, must be, a very busy life to share your thoughts with everyone.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago showing the 2014 salary for all of the starting NFL QBs. I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that Bradford's salary fell in around #15. Sounds fair to me.

I think the SB salary thing has just been blown out of proportion because he was paid that much as a rookie, and the rookie wage scale changed the year after he was drafted.

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    There was a thread on here a few weeks ago showing the 2014 salary for all of the starting NFL QBs. I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that Bradford's salary fell in around #15. Sounds fair to me.
    I think that was avg salary per year. For 2014 Bradford will have the 5th biggest salary cap hit of any QB in the NFL, accourding to overthecap.com

citr92 is online now Registered User

welp...just means he's still got time to deliver then