Rambos is offline Registered User

Whats your final 53 man roster and practice squad?

Here is my take... what is yours? Lets see if any of us can get close to the final roster.

Quarterback (Two)

1. Sam Bradford

2. A.J. Feeley

Practice Squad

Thaddeus Lewis

Running Back (Four)

1. Steven Jackson

2. Cadillac Williams

3. Jerious Norwood

4. Brit Miller (Fullback)

Practice Squad

Keith Toston

Wide Receiver (Seven)

1. Danny Amendola

2. Mike Sims-Walker

3. Brandon Gibson

4. Donnie Avery

5. Danario Alexander

6. Greg Salas

7. Austin Pettis

* Mark Clayton PUP

Practice Squad

Dominique Curry

Tight End (Four)

1. Lance Kendricks

2. Billy Bajema

3. Fendi Onobun

4. Michael Hoomanawanui

Practice Squad

Ben Guidugli

Offensive Line (Eight)

1. Rodger Saffold

2. Jacob Bell

3. Jason Brown

4. Harvey Dahl

5. Jason Smith

6. Renardo Foster

7. Adam Goldberg

8. Hank Fraley

Practice Squad

Randall Hunt

Drew Miller

Defensive Line (Nine)

1. Chris Long

2. Robert Quinn

3. James Hall

4. Eugene Sims

5. George Selvie

6. Fred Robbins

7. Justin Bannan

8. Daniel Muir

9. Gary Gibson

Practice Squad

Darrel Scott

C.J. Ah You

Linebacker (Seven)

1. James Laurinaitis

2. Ben Leber

3. Brady Poppinga

4. Zac Diles

5. Chris Chamberlain

6. Jabara Williams

7. Josh Hull

Defensive Back (Nine)

1. Ron Bartell

2. Bradley Fletcher

3. Al Harris

4. Justin King

5. Quintin Mikell

6. Craig Dahl

7. Darian Stewart

8. Jermale Hines

9. Jonathan Nelson

Special Teams (Three)

1. Josh Brown

2. Donnie Jones

3. Jacob McQuaide (Long Snapper)

thermobee is offline Registered User

Re: Whats your final 53 man roster and practice squad?

Some of those guys you cant put on the practice squad. And I think 4 TEs is one too many to keep.

Some of those guys you cant put on the practice squad.
    Yeah I thought that too was just a bit lazy... which ones... help me.

4 TE... I think we are going to use the TE's a lot... not sure Michael Hoomanawanui can stay up and I'm kind liking Fendi... Good point.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Yeah I thought that too was just a bit lazy... which ones... help me.

4 TE... I think we are going to use the TE's a lot... not sure Michael Hoomanawanui can stay up and I'm kind liking Fendi... Good point.
    I don't think either Ah You or Scott can be PSed. Besides, I think Ah You makes the rotation. Quite active last night & through pre as a whole, never mind solid production last year. I don't get the love for Muir. Lots of people have been pencilling this guy in as automatic & I've seen very little to justify it. This year's Hollis,imo. Too much a one trick pony for Spags' system whereas Ah You can rush the passer & play the run inside as well.

I think The Rams might be shopping for a CB and blocking TE this weekend. Fendi is, I believe, PS-able. I think Uh-Oh will stick but hanging by a shred of trainer's tape. King has regressed, if anything,imo. Maybe you keep him but I think another experienced but better-wheeled-than-Harris DB might be more helpful than keeping both Hines and Nelson active. PS one of them,imo, or cut Chamberlain for the $avings.

You wanna pay Fraley a million bucks to be the 3rd reserve OLer? Jeez, might as well bring back Leckey & keep the change.

Thinking about the WR conundrum makes my head hurt. Cut all but 4 & pick up 3 or 4 new TEs....just kidding but only slightly.

Absolutely hate PSing The Thadiator. He's shown too much potential to not get noticed by a GM with a more stable roster & is a natural gamer which you have to love in an emergency QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I don't think either Ah You or Scott can be PSed. Besides, I think Ah You makes the rotation. Quite active last night & through pre as a whole, never mind solid production last year. I don't get the love for Muir. Lots of people have been pencilling this guy in as automatic & I've seen very little to justify it. This year's Hollis,imo. Too much a one trick pony for Spags' system whereas Ah You can rush the passer & play the run inside as well.

I think The Rams might be shopping for a CB and blocking TE this weekend. Fendi is, I believe, PS-able. I think Uh-Oh will stick but hanging by a shred of trainer's tape. King has regressed, if anything,imo. Maybe you keep him but I think another experienced but better-wheeled-than-Harris DB might be more helpful than keeping both Hines and Nelson active. PS one of them,imo, or cut Chamberlain for the $avings.

You wanna pay Fraley a million bucks to be the 3rd reserve OLer? Jeez, might as well bring back Leckey & keep the change.

Thinking about the WR conundrum makes my head hurt. Cut all but 4 & pick up 3 or 4 new TEs....just kidding but only slightly.

Absolutely hate PSing The Thadiator. He's shown too much potential to not get noticed by a GM with a more stable roster & is a natural gamer which you have to love in an emergency QB.
    Good stuff....

I agree that Thaddeus is looking very solid all he does is move the team down the field. He seems to be a player that just knows how to get it done.

I thought King looked good last nigh made a nice read and sure solo tackle.

The plan for the Rams has been to get bigger and that what Muir brings.

I took the easy way put on the WR kept seven

I almost put Fendi on PS but Hoomanawanui can't stay healthy

Fraley can play center and both guard positions, that is three for one yeah... keeper

Good stuff....

I agree that Thaddeus is looking very solid all he does is move the team down the field. He seems to be a player that just knows how to get it done.

I thought King looked good last nigh made a nice read and sure solo tackle.

The plan for the Rams has been to get bigger and that what Muir brings.

I took the easy way put on the WR kept seven

I almost put Fendi on PS but Hoomanawanui can't stay healthy

Fraley can play center and both guard positions, that is three for one yeah... keeper
    I've had high hopes for King but he's missed too many drive killer tackles this pre. And for a 3rd yr guy, he sure seems to panic & get handsier than a horny teen when the ball gets thrown his way.

Bigger is only better when it does more than hang over your beltbuckle. I think Muir has been a disappointing experiment from the start. That's why Gibson was brought back early in TC.

You've got to be freakin' kidding about Fraley. Saying he's 3-spot versatile is like saying Pettis can play all three WR positions. If Greco couldn't make even the TC squad, how does the Million Dollar Mongrel make the final 53?

You've got to be freakin' kidding about Fraley. Saying he's 3-spot versatile is like saying Pettis can play all three WR positions. If Greco couldn't make even the TC squad, how does the Million Dollar Mongrel make the final 53?
    Well first I do think Pettis can play all three WR spots the kid is that smart and has the hands and the size. Given time... I think Warner once said all I needed was a chance.

Fraley made 52 starts in 63 games for the Browns at Center and Guard.

Fraley showed what a good teammate he could be this year by helping to mentor first round draft choice Alex Mack and also by showing a willingness to move around the offensive line wherever Eric Mangini asked him to play.
    Played Center for the Eagles....

I'm keeping the vet...

richtree is offline Registered User

NFL Practice Squad Eligibility
    Once September 4th passes, NFL teams will have the the option of placing 8 players on a practice only team. These players do not count towards the 53-man roster and are generally made up of college free agents and other borderline NFL players.
    Since 2004, the NFL has had an international player practice squad spot for rotating teams. It allowed one non-US or non-Canadian born player to take up a ninth practice squad spot. They didn't do it last year and we're unsure if it's happening again this year.
    To makes things easier to explain, players who are eligible for the practice squad:

• Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
    • Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games; and,
    • Have been on the practice squad with a particular team no more than 2 prior seasons unless the team never had their active roster go below 53 players during the two years the player served on the practice squad. If that is the case, the player is eligible for a third practice squad season.

This is where it gets a bit confusing. A player with an accrued NFL season (6 or more games) isn't eligible for the practice squad but a player who played in fewer than 9 games is still eligible? Yeah, it's a bit confusing.

richtree is offline Registered User

NFL Practice Squad Rules
    There are some important things to know about practice squad players during the NFL regular season so I'm just going to list them:

• Practice squad players are always free agents, meaning any NFL team can sign them away from another team. The catch with this? A team can't sign a player one week before they play that team and the team that signs a practice squad player must count that player against their 53-man active roster for at least three weeks, bye weeks included. This is even if the player is released after one week - they still count as a spot on the roster.
    • Players that are promoted internally from the practice squad to the active roster must remain there for three weeks and get paid the minimum salary for their status (rookie or veteran). If they are let go for some reason before the three weeks are up, they are still paid for those three full weeks.

Well first I do think Pettis can play all three WR spots the kid is that smart and has the hands and the size. Given time... I think Warner once said all I needed was a chance.

Fraley made 52 starts in 63 games for the Browns at Center and Guard.

Played Center for the Eagles....

I'm keeping the vet...
    I've confused my point by making a joke at poor Pettis' expense. I also hope The Rams find a way to keep the rookie. But Fraley is well past his due date; I don't think he's been any good anywhere on the line this year, his Browns (oooh the Browns...impressive...) career notwithstanding , never mind having shown any versatility. I don't see value there at that price when you could have,for eg, Ojinnaka( a 6 yr vet that Billy D drafted,iirc) & some other cutdown castaway center/OG) for the same price together.

don't think he's been any good anywhere on the line this year, his Browns (oooh the Browns...impressive...) career notwithstanding , never mind having shown any versatility. I don't see value there at that price when you could have,for eg, Ojinnaka( a 6 yr vet that Billy D drafted,iirc) & some other cutdown castaway center/OG) for the same price together.
    We shall see what they do with him soon.

We shall see what they do with him soon.
    We shall indeed. The Renardo Foster cut was a surprise, no?

We shall indeed. The Renardo Foster cut was a surprise, no?
    Yeah... Renardo Foster and linebacker Zac Diles is a surprise too me. I really like Jabara Williams so he looks like he has a better shot.