Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: When all else fails, lower your standards.

We're rebuilding on the roster, the sidelines, and the coaches booth. We knew it would take a little time to get back on track, but this team will get there. This year? Nope. Next year? Probably not. The year after that? I think we're a team to deal with.

The best thing for me right now (for the next two months) is that I'm in a location where the Rams are never on TV. If it ain't the Jags or Falcons, I won't be able to see football until after the SB. So while I miss the Rams, I am at least spared the next two months of growing pains.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ram3057 is offline Registered User

Disappointing? Yes. Do we suck? No. Do we need more time? Definitely.

Lower MY standards? Never!
    Great points RAMSFANSAM.

The league, except for a few teams this year, is becoming more and more parallel. Good players get shuffled around to different teams all the time, making for a more even playing field.

I, personally, never like to lose. I always want to win. That is the competitive nature in all males, I believe. (Not to be bias against the women on the site.)

Being a true fan does have its ups and downs. Being a RAMS fan has its downs and ups!

GO RAMS !!

:r
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

we all thought we were going to do more starting out at 4-1,but lets remember two of those games could and should have been losses,if not for the packers and cardinals screwups they would have been, so were we really a 4-1 team, not really,i will take it,but we kind of got prematurly spoiled from early success.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    we all thought we were going to do more starting out at 4-1,but lets remember two of those games could and should have been losses,if not for the packers and cardinals screwups they would have been, so were we really a 4-1 team, not really,i will take it,but we kind of got prematurly spoiled from early success.
    Little caused Favre to fumble so I wouldn't call that a screw up that gave us the game, Little created that play. As for Warner uhh yep they screwed up and gave it to us.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Little caused Favre to fumble so I wouldn't call that a screw up that gave us the game, Little created that play. As for Warner uhh yep they screwed up and gave it to us.
    Let's remember, they did give it to us, but only after we screwed up and gave it to them on a totally unforced fumble. It's not like they earned it. That situation was a wash as far as I'm concerned.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i have sort of got into the habit of expecting the Rams to win most of their games. But with the team young and in transition its not something that should be expected of them. Yes they will do well in the future, yes we will win some more games this year, but save the Superbowl hopes for future years.

With the cap room scheduled for the Rams in the upcoming offseason and the development of younger players we could make a real push next year or the year after. Save the superbowl hype for then.

Lower your standards in expecting a Rams win every game. You cant expect us to be beating teams playing as well as SD are in our current situation. This is a transition season, dont go calling for Linehan and Haslett to be fired already! This is Linehan's first year as a HC. He has made mistakes, but so have rookie players, but they dont get criticised as much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12