Results 1 to 2 of 2
When do we declare a horse "officially' dead?
Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. However, in business we often try other strategies with dead horses, including the following:
1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Say things like, "This is the way we have always ridden this horse."
4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
6. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
7. Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
8. Creating a training session to increase our riding ability.
9. Comparing the state of dead horses in todays environment.
10. Change the requirements declaring that "This horse is not dead."
11. Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.
12. Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.
13. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."
14. Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
15. Do a Cost Analysis study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.
16. Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.
17. Declare the horse is "better, faster and cheaper" dead.
18. Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
19. Revisit the performance requirements for horses.
20. Say this horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.
"lifted" from humorarchives.comRnD
Re: When do we declare a horse "officially' dead?
We are RAMS! We make no "Horse-sense". We have very short memories. The focus for the Rams as of right now is and should be the San Francisco Fortyniners. The Rams have travelled over 3,000 miles this past week. (last Sunday on the East coast at the Meadowlands and this Sunday on the west coast at Monster Park)
There's no 'Horsing Around' here! There's still a Long deep rooted hatred for our division rivals. Last week was most embarrassing, but the Rams must get off the mat and focus their attention on coming into San Francisco and getting the WIN!
Its time for Marc Bulger to jump back 'in the Saddle' and lead this team...Like we all know he can! Our Backs ( Pittman, Darby and the rest of the commitee) need to learn that putting the rock on the rug, doesn't help the situation.
TORRY HOLT.... It's OK to get involved!
Lets use our young receivers more ( Burton, Avery, Stanley).
Alex Barron, Ritchie Incognito, Jacob Bell, Orlando Pace must bring their 'A' game!
Assignment: PROTECT YOUR QB!
The defense must make a stand against the Fortyniners and bring "the Horses". You know Mike Martz and Isaac Bruce are licking their chops. Our defense needs to prove them wrong. Also expect a heavy dose of Frank Gore. Chris Long and the frontline must find a way to get to San Francisco's QB Shaun Hill.
This HORSE is not yet Offically dead!
Never look a Gift RAM in the Mouth!
YOU can beat a Dead Horse, but you can't make him drink!
It's time for the Rams to turn in their Horse Chips![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
By MFranke in forum RAM TALKReplies: 8Last Post: -09-26-2006, 09:12 AM
By ramhard in forum RAM TALKReplies: 9Last Post: -10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
By MFranke in forum RAM TALKReplies: 4Last Post: -09-20-2005, 09:44 AM
By ramhard in forum RAM TALKReplies: 2Last Post: -09-12-2005, 12:43 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 35Last Post: -07-04-2004, 08:43 PM