Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

When do we get another stud receiver?

I know we have Hagans and Stanley but i dont see them as being anything near as good as Holt. I know we might pick up a receiver in the later rounds of this years draft. But when are we going to find someone to replace Holt?I want Holt here as long as possible, but someday were going to have to get a #2 wr to play next to Holt and eventually become the #1 receiver. Holt was selected #6 overall and was #2 behind bruce and eventually took over as #1.

What im wondering is, since i dont think were going to find a super star like Torry around the 5th round, is when do we use our first round pick to get a new receiver? Right now i am liking Crabtree from Texas Tech, but i dont know when hes going to enter the draft since i believe he is a freshman.

I just think that in the next year or two we need to use our first pick on a receiver, that is if there are any 1st round elite choices there for us.

thoughts?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: When do we get another stud receiver?

I would be very surprised if we didn't spend our 2nd round pick, 33rd overall on a WR. Unless we do something silly like getting Jake Long in round one, then go DE in round 2 and get a WR in round 3.

Mr.Ultimate Guest

i like andre caldwell. he will most likelt be leaving U of F next year. there will be lots of quality WR in the 2nd round. No need to wast a pick in the first for and Overrated receiver when we can get a good one in the second. Mario manningham Comes to mind. he had a god awful combine and that could help us. he has football smarts and runs way faster than a 4.6 in real game speed. No worries in my mind.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I see us picking a stud WR in the 2nd round.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Torry Holt has two years left on his contract. Receivers typically break out in their third season. We need a good rook this year.

:l

-jake-

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Manningham should drop to us in the second, and if he doesn't someone else will. We'll be able to take a first round talent at #33, don't worry.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Like Teke said, I'm really looking at Manningham. He's always impressed me. I'd love him in blue and gold.

Mr.Ultimate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ultimate View Post
    i like andre caldwell. he will most likelt be leaving U of F next year. there will be lots of quality WR in the 2nd round. No need to wast a pick in the first for and Overrated receiver when we can get a good one in the second. Mario manningham Comes to mind. he had a god awful combine and that could help us. he has football smarts and runs way faster than a 4.6 in real game speed. No worries in my mind.
    I like what I said too

NotVeryOriginal is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ultimate View Post
    We dont get NCAA over here. You got any stats on his performance?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

What about Early Doucett? I am not sure if he's 1st round caliber or not, but could he possible come to us?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Ducet may slip to us but I doubt it, I think he will be gone by the time it's our turn. However the last few years I have always pondered us drafting Mario Manningham in the future (now) possibly in the first round to replace Bruce. He is much better, as mr. ultimate pointed out, than a 4.6; he has lightning speed on the field. He had a bad combine because he didn't seem to be working out much in the offseason. Now this year, we will be very lucky if he slips to round 2. I only hope the FO realizes he is a speedy guy.
    Last edited by prof22693; -03-23-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: mr. ultimate

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I've been saying my "inner Cartman" will come out if we don't get a WR in the second round and it looks like the Rams are leaning in that direction.

It's the St. Louis Rams, it's all about the offense. Sure, we'll probably go defense in Round 1 because there is way too much talent at the top of this draft not to. However, I bet we go offense after that way down the draft.

RANDYRAM Guest

Teke pointed out, than a 4.6, he has lightning speed on the field. He had a bad combine because he didn't seem to be working out much in the off season. Now this year, we will be very lucky if he slips to round 2. I only hope the FO realizes he is a speedy guy.

I ONLY HOPE that the F O sees Mario Manningham as lazy! If your not going to train
    for the draft??? What makes you think he's going to be better in the NFL!

chipperjones is offline Registered User

I want Hardy, but Manningham, and a few other good recievers should be there. So Ill be very happy if we get Chris Long or Gholston in round one and get a Hardy/Manningham inround 2.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    I ONLY HOPE that the F O sees Mario Manningham as lazy! If your not going to train
    for the draft??? What makes you think he's going to be better in the NFL!
    True, but I think a lot of it had to do with him being out of football. I don't think he'll make that same mistake again. Being in the NFL will hit people like that with a brick wall (Kennedy comes to mind) so I think he will turn out fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-22-2008, 08:01 PM