AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

When Sportswriters Dream....

"Well, I've got my Papa Smurf jammies on, my He-Man nightlight is plugged in... one more sip of this Nestle Strawberry Quick... mmmm, that's good! Okay, its sleepy time!"

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

[Dream sequence]

Well, here we are, another Sunday of Ram football. Let's see if the team can get on track. Rams start their first drive at their 24 yard line. First down. Bulger's back to throw and he's... sacked.... by.... Marshall Faulk? What's going on here? Wait a second, Ryan Pickett, Damione Lewis and Jimmy Kennedy are rushing the field and attacking Faulk.

Now there's a scuffle on the Cardinal sideline... Kurt Warner is wrestling with some guy who's trying to strangle him with an IV cord... hey! That's Mike Martz! Now there's a fight in the coach's box... Fairchild and Montgomery are at it again!

This place is going nuts! There's Samir Suleiman! He's pounding on the pressbox door and... what's that... it looks like a broadsword in his hand!

Its mahem here at the Edward Jones Dome!

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!

"Wow, that was some dream. I'm feeling... funny... kind of excited... but strange... hey! Why do my jammy bottoms feel so tight in the front? This has never happened to me!'

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Re: When Sportswriters Dream....

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    "Well, I've got my Papa Smurf jammies on, my He-Man nightlight is plugged in... one more sip of this Nestle Strawberry Quick... mmmm, that's good! Okay, its sleepy time!"

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

[Dream sequence]

Well, here we are, another Sunday of Ram football. Let's see if the team can get on track. Rams start their first drive at their 24 yard line. First down. Bulger's back to throw and he's... sacked.... by.... Marshall Faulk? What's going on here? Wait a second, Ryan Pickett, Damione Lewis and Jimmy Kennedy are rushing the field and attacking Faulk.

Now there's a scuffle on the Cardinal sideline... Kurt Warner is wrestling with some guy who's trying to strangle him with an IV cord... hey! That's Mike Martz! Now there's a fight in the coach's box... Fairchild and Montgomery are at it again!

This place is going nuts! There's Samir Suleiman! He's pounding on the pressbox door and... what's that... it looks like a broadsword in his hand!

Its mahem here at the Edward Jones Dome!

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!

"Wow, that was some dream. I'm feeling... funny... kind of excited... but strange... hey! Why do my jammy bottoms feel so tight in the front? This has never happened to me!'
    Uhhhhhhhh......sweetheart, are you OK?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Hey AV didnt you know that he-man was out and Maxwell Smart was back in?
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

In 30 years of playing, coaching, and watching football I've never seen two coaches from the same side of the ball on the same team get into it. The wheels are coming off the wagon.

It's not unheard of to have Offensive and Defensive coaches and/or players go at it while they point fingers at other. But, for a RB coach and OFF Coord from the same side of the ball.

To me, this shows that authority on the team hasn't been clearly delinated. If the OFF Coord had the backing of the front office and was respected - a position coach would never have challenged him. Position coaches may disagree, but it's dysfunctional for them to physically challenge or challenge the authority of the Coordinator at all.

The Organization is in disarray. It's not a DREAM, it's a NIGHTMARE !

/

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

In 30 years of playing, coaching, and watching football I've never seen two coaches from the same side of the ball on the same team get into it.
    This reminds me......does anyone else remember when (and I'm sketchy on the participants, so somebody please correct me), I believe it was, Buddy Ryan and either Kevin Gilbride or Jeff Fisher that got into it on the sidelines? IIRC, they were both asst. coaches at the time, and they came to blows on the sidelines. Ryan was about 150 years older than Gilbride/Fisher (or whoever the other guy was...I know he had a mustache), and wound up getting pulled back by a couple of players.

It was pretty wild.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

Was georgia dancing naked on the sideline in that dream? Talk about a nightmare.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    This reminds me......does anyone else remember when (and I'm sketchy on the participants, so somebody please correct me), I believe it was, Buddy Ryan and either Kevin Gilbride or Jeff Fisher that got into it on the sidelines? IIRC, they were both asst. coaches at the time, and they came to blows on the sidelines. Ryan was about 150 years older than Gilbride/Fisher (or whoever the other guy was...I know he had a mustache), and wound up getting pulled back by a couple of players.

It was pretty wild.
    It was Ryan and Gilbride. LOL

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    It was Ryan and Gilbride. LOL
    Thank you, rb. Man that was a funny site.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod