throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: When we lose.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: When we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Why is it that when we lose, people start acting like idiots, no offence. Like seriously. Why are people questioning the draft choices of Bradford, Jason Smith, Kendricks? Smith I guess, but even he has had his highs. Spags and Devaney fired? REALLY?
    I agree that calls for Spags and Devaney to be fired and knee-jerk questioning of draft picks is over the top, but I think it's obvious that the majority of dissention is over how we have lost, not that we have lost. It's been frustrating and head scratching to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That's the nature of the current generation, sosa. They think you can watch "60 Minutes" in half an hour.
    Actually HUb, I DVR "60 Minutes" every week and then watch it later in about half an hour by zipping through commercials, the intro and Andy Rooney.
    Nick likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree that calls for Spags and Devaney to be fired and knee-jerk questioning of draft picks is over the top, but I think it's obvious that the majority of dissention is over how we have lost, not that we have lost. It's been frustrating and head scratching to say the least.

Actually HUb, I DVR "60 Minutes" every week and then watch it later in about half an hour by zipping through commercials, the intro and Andy Rooney.
    And I feel the same way as everyone else does. I'm extremely dissapointed about losing badly in 3 weeks. The Giants game wasn't that bad. We had some self inflicted wounds that lost us the game, but other than that we looked pretty good. Played great defense for the most part and didn't have much trouble at all moving the ball, at least not until the redzone.

I am just as mad as everybody else about being 0-3. We got blown out yesterday and so far the season hasn't been pretty. We have time, and I do believe that we will turn it around.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I am just as mad as everybody else about being 0-3. We got blown out yesterday and so far the season hasn't been pretty. We have time, and I do believe that we will turn it around.
    Agreed. Who would have thought things would get progressively worse through 3 weeks, especially after the meltdown against Philly? We've got 13 more chances to get it right, but the Rams need an attitude adjustment that shows itself starting next Sunday.

St.Louis Ram 56 Guest

3 games do not make a season, I don't see the Bills going to the Superbowl,nor do I see New England, in last place.....With that being said, I don't see the Rams continuing this trend....The Perfect Storm that occurred was not because of good coaching in 1999,,it was a perfect union of Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Tory Holt, and Issac Bruce,not to mention Hakim and Ricky Proehl...The Team Jelled perfectly....I give little credit to the coaching as this chemistry cannot be manufactured, because the team does it.

Its way to early to be *****ing about changes, Just enjoy being a fan, everybody can't win, and we certainly won't lose em all.

I've been through it all since 1969 til now, Watched Ferragamo master 3 pefect Super bowl quarters to be crushed in the 4th by the Steelers..Growing up in Western Pa,I suffered....

Man up, or Fan up...If your a true Rams Fan...It will only get Better

Love my Rams.. Yes today was Hell at work, being this close to Baltimore...but I stuck by my Rams

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Agreed. Who would have thought things would get progressively worse through 3 weeks, especially after the meltdown against Philly? We've got 13 more chances to get it right, but the Rams need an attitude adjustment that shows itself starting next Sunday.
    No question. Because if they don't, this season is gonna' get VERY ugly. And that is gonna' have major consequences for a lot of people, especially if the Dome is 1/3 full the remainder of the season.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That's the nature of the current generation, sosa. They think you can watch "60 Minutes" in half an hour.
    Well Hub if the Rams don't teach them some patience, then the economy over the next decade should

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, I haven't asked for anyones head. ....yet. But something has to change, and quickly. I don't want to hear anymore BS about rebuilding, or about the Linehan, Martz, Shaw etc... draft picks and etc.... This group is woefully underachieving. I expected them to be 0-3 at this point because the schedule in the front end is brutal and I KNOW the Rams are not at the same level as some of these teams. They're just not. But to not even compete? As a fan, this is NOT acceptable, and if things don't change in a few games, head should roll. I'm sick of watching a soft football team with no fire and apparently no competitive spirit. I've been a big Spags supporter, but starting with the Seattle game last year, I'm beginning to wonder if he's not unlike Mike Martz, good coordinator, lousy HC.

His remark after yesterday's game absolutely blew me away. He said something like; "they surprised us a little by going to the air". Really Spags? Really? Anyone that watched the MNF game knew that King and the entire Rams secondary was a soft spot. Everyone else figured the Ravens would throw at King and you were surprised? Really?

This is Spags team, and it is his responsibility to get them ready, and he has NOT done a good job of that. LIke I said, losing the first three was not unexpected. Getting blown out in ALL three is just not acceptable and needs to change. This is not a knee jerk reaction, this is the honest truth as a fan. I don't want to watch this crap anymore. No more excuses, I want results.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

This may come off wrong, but my biggest question is why every time somebody brings up that the Rams aren't good and probably aren't going to win a lot of games, without fail the person gets attacked. "You're not a true fan/Don't be a chicken little/Why don't you leave the board if you're not happy with the Rams" etc. Just because you are a Rams fan doesn't mean that you think every move they make is great, every draft pick is a future HOFer, and we are going to win 5 straight Superbowls.

It's not just that the Rams are 0-3, it's that the Rams have looked embarrassingly bad through their first 3 games in a season in which we were supposed to have already turned the corner. And a lot of the players we were banking on to help us get to the playoffs have been the biggest disappointments.

Let's look at the state of the Rams roster:
    First and foremost, Jason Smith. Let me first say that I really like the guy, he seems like a genuinely super nice guy. But as a tackle in the NFL, he stinks. He'll never be the LT we drafted him to be, I think that's obvious by this point. And I wouldn't be surprised if he's not going to be our RT for much longer. Unless he turns things around quickly, this offseason he's either going to restructure his contract or he's going to get cut. We're not going to pay $12M (or whatever his salary is next year) for a subpar RT who seems to be getting worse the longer he stays in the league.

Beyond him, look at the rest of the OL. How many draft picks have we sunk into this line and how many huge free agent signings have we made? Bell, Brown, Dahl were all big-money signings. So we have a 2nd overall, a 33rd overall, and 3 huge FA pickups starting and what do we have for it? We have a wildly inconsistent line that occasionally looks good but usually looks bottom 10. 3 games into the season and Bradford already looks shell shocked. This doesn't include the Grecos and the Barrons who are already gone.

And how about our WR corps that is known only for its inability to catch a football? Avery and Gilyard are already off the team, Salas and Pettis won't be far behind if they continue at their current trajectory. FA/trades have been better, but still on a team with a glut of #2/#3 receivers we go after more #2 and #3 receivers. Doesn't make sense to me, but I admit that DeSpags know a whole lot more about than I do. Nonetheless, it's very frustrating to see it play out exactly like it looks like to an outsider - like the Rams are year after year pursuing exactly what we already have in our WR unit while neglecting to get Bradford a #1 target.

TE, we've drafted a million of them and so far none has worked out. Kendricks may turn out to be a good pickup, way too early to tell. Uh Oh could be good as well if he can stay healthy.

RB, same old story for the most part with an injured Jackson. At least we finally have a decent backup. But even in what was one of the few bright spots on the season the most recognizable play Williams has made is his bonehead play from last Monday.

QB - Bradford looked great first half of his rookie season, less so the second half. But he had little help. This year he's looked rattled and has been inaccurate, but again he's had little help. He's been one of the few bright spots in many of our losing efforts, but I'm starting to get nervous that being driven into the ground a dozen times every game is going to have a long-term effect. Oh and did you hear he got hurt again yesterday?

Defense has been quite a bit better overall - DE is a legit strength of the Rams, as have been our DTs considering that we have put very few resources into it.

CB - do I even need to get into this? Obviously we've been hit hard by injuries here, so you expect it to be a weakness. Did you ever think you'd want Tye Hill back?

Linebackers - J Lau is great game in and game out, but our outside backers have been among the league's worst for years. We're actually better this year in that regard, but certainly nothing to write home about.

SS, FS - great FS play combined with pretty terrible SS play, nothing new here.

---
    I realize it looks like I'm trashing the Rams here, but this is how the rest of the league views us to the extent that anybody is paying attention at all. It's not about patience, it's about how after drafting top-2 3 years in a row we finally looked to be turning the corner before coming out this season and looking like the Rams of 2009. This is the source of a lot of people's frustration, and just because they're frustrated doesn't mean they're not fans.

This board has become increasingly intolerant of anything other than the standard line of "the Rams are a great young team and next week we're going to show it." And let me say, I kind of believe that line. I've played Devil's advocate here a bit, I really don't think we're nearly as bad as the picture I painted above. But I do understand where somebody who believes the above would be coming from, and I don't agree with the hate that's flowing their way.
    fearsome foursome likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Why is it that when we lose, people start acting like idiots, no offence. Like seriously. Why are people questioning the draft choices of Bradford, Jason Smith, Kendricks? Smith I guess, but even he has had his highs. Spags and Devaney fired? REALLY?

It seems like the same thing every week. We lose, and people are looking for changes. I cant believe some of the patience you guys have. I mean NOBODY expected us to go 8-0 in the first half of the season, we all knew what we were getting into. We KNEW that to make the playoffs, it would be because of our 2nd half of the schedule. We still have many games, and we will improve.

Lets not forget, it took Kyle Orton 2 years to grasp McDaniels offense, and trust me, it will be worth it.
    haHa I hear ya Sosa man, I get P.O.'d and takes about a good 24 hours before I'm talking sense again.... For some on the forums it seems the same for others a bit longer or never! I'm going to continue from commenting until longer than a day after a loss. We can fix this if we eliminate the mistakes... they are running rampent right now tho!! Dam short OFFseason!!

jkramsfan Guest

I guess those will have to develop some patience. I feel like another solid draft and a couple key additions in free agency and were well on our way to the playoffs. If we can land a WR, or CB in the first round we will be set. I like Kirkpatrick at CB, Floyd or Jeffery at WR.
    you realize you have been saying this same thing for the past 3 -4 years now,patience is nice but there comes a point when fans are allowed to lose a little patience when they see zero improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    you realize you have been saying this same thing for the past 3 -4 years now,patience is nice but there comes a point when fans are allowed to lose a little patience when they see zero improvement.
    Yes you're right, sorry. I guess the forum lied when it said I joined in 2010....

jkramsfan Guest

Yes you're right, sorry. I guess the forum lied when it said I joined in 2010....
    by you I meant the group of people that say that every year, sorry you couldn't figure that out on your own, I will be more careful next time.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    by you I meant the group of people that say that every year, sorry you couldn't figure that out on your own, I will be more careful next time.
    Maybe just maybe, next time you can say "some people" instead of "you" when you're not directing something at me.

" you realize some people have been saying this same thing for the past 3 -4 years now,patience is nice but there comes a point when fans are allowed to lose a little patience when they see zero improvement. "

Makes more sense huh?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

My message to Spags is:

Today! While were young!!!!
    Last edited by laram0; -09-28-2011 at 12:54 PM.

jkramsfan Guest

Maybe just maybe, next time you can say "some people" instead of "you" when you're not directing something at me.

" you realize some people have been saying this same thing for the past 3 -4 years now,patience is nice but there comes a point when fans are allowed to lose a little patience when they see zero improvement. "

Makes more sense huh?
    no I 'm ok with what I said

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12