Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eldfan is offline Registered User

When/Will the Rams add another WR?

When/Will the Rams add another WR?
    by VanRam on Sep 6, 2009 3:42 PM CDT in 2009 preseason 4 comments

According to reports, it's believed the Rams waived WR Nate Jones to make room for CB Anthony Smith and DT LaJuan Ramsey. That leaves the Rams roster with just 4 wide receivers, an impossibly low number for the final roster.

Clearly there's another shoe to drop, and that will most likely involve making a move for a receiver.

Eagles WR Reggie Brown remained on the Eagles roster, but it's unlikely they'll keep seven WRs. Of course, there are other possibilities. For that to happen, the Rams will likely need to make another cut of their own. Smith and Ramsey could both be auditioning this week, as well as the other players at those positions. I can't imagine any DT is safe right now other than Clifton Ryan.

More roster moves sure to come.

:ramlogo:

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: When/Will the Rams add another WR?

I would have to think we would add 1 soon. 4 WRs especially 4 young guys definately isn't going to happen no matter how much you want to run the ball. We have 5 DTs and 5 safeties one from each group is going to have to hit the road. We definately need a WR and most likely an RB. IMO Mark Rubin and maybe Hollis Thomas are on there way out.

ManofGod is online now Registered User

I have no idea at this point, and all of our guessing has been wrong, I'm actually disappointed that we are making moves this late, now we have to spend several weeks (if not half the season) on helping these guys adjust to the system. At least now we are just adding depth, but its disappointing that the team is having to make so many moves in order to acquire guys that are being cut from other teams.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Brandon Marshall just had his suspension dropped and he did have over 100 rec's last year.......'I'm just saying!'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sprags learned what having a diva at WR WILL do to your team w/ Mr. Plax, I don't think he will do this to us. With that being said, I love his talent and if this was Madden I'd add him in a heart beat, sadly this is the real world and as talented as the guy is...sadly he's a team killer & a cancer. He'd have to go to a team with a well respected coach, and a strong veteran presense, one that can keep him in line.....we DO NOT have that in St. Louis, he'd rip our locker room apart.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Sprags learned what having a diva at WR WILL do to your team w/ Mr. Plax, I don't think he will do this to us. With that being said, I love his talent and if this was Madden I'd add him in a heart beat, sadly this is the real world and as talented as the guy is...sadly he's a team killer & a cancer. He'd have to go to a team with a well respected coach, and a strong veteran presense, one that can keep him in line.....we DO NOT have that in St. Louis, he'd rip our locker room apart.
    You don't think Spags could keep him in check?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i keep seeing Mark Rubin being mentioned to get cut to make space for possible targets..but dont see him on our roster anyway..am i missing something??

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Spags possibly could keep him in check but i think it would be a too much time consuming exercise,when we got a whole load of rookies to coach up...the other players i think are too mature(even the rookies) to follow his childish self-centred antics..but nonetheless..its a distraction we dont need..

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I think Roach should be gone before long. He's the most obvious one to cut. He'll probably get cut to make room for a receiver.

Not in year one. Now in year 3 and beyond: yes. As double R stated, a player like this is too time consuming and Sprags needs to save his brain cells & use them in other areas.
    Last edited by ManofGod; -09-07-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Not in year one. Now in year 3 and beyond: yes. As double R stated, a player like this is too time consuming and Sprags needs to save his brain cells & use them in other areas.
    This guy brings over 100 rec's, over 1,200 yds, potentially 15 rec TDs, Denver's a mess, a new start in Saint Louis for Marshall is a WIN/WIN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kegger56 is offline Registered User

I saw an article, I think it was SI, that had said that A Deion Branch trade to STL should be done. I think STL should see what it would take to get Branch from teh Hawks as he is defiantely expendable now.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Did he really kill the team and rip apart the locker room in Denver. The guy clearly has problems off the field but it is a pretty big stretch to call him a team killer and a cancer. Not all diva receivers are the same. TO might hurt a team that he is on with his off the field problems where as Marshall didn't divide the locker room in Denver and his off the field problems didn't affect his or his team's play on the field.

His problems will only affect his play on the field if he gets suspended. He hasn't handled his situation in Denver well, but the orginization has also been handling everything poorly since McDaniel's came there. His coach got rid of his franchise quarterback and the team won't pay him the number 1 receiver money that he deserves.

I don't want him on the Rams because high draft choices would have to be traded and those picks are needed to fill other holes. I also feel much better about the Rams receivers than most people do. But if I was a fan of a solid team that was a number 1 receiver away from being a great team like the Jets or Ravens then I would want him on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Did he really kill the team and rip apart the locker room in Denver. The guy clearly has problems off the field but it is a pretty big stretch to call him a team killer and a cancer. Not all diva receivers are the same. TO might hurt a team that he is on with his off the field problems where as Marshall didn't divide the locker room in Denver and his off the field problems didn't affect his or his team's play on the field.

His problems will only affect his play on the field if he gets suspended. He hasn't handled his situation in Denver well, but the orginization has also been handling everything poorly since McDaniel's came there. His coach got rid of his franchise quarterback and the team won't pay him the number 1 receiver money that he deserves.

I don't want him on the Rams because high draft choices would have to be traded and those picks are needed to fill other holes. I also feel much better about the Rams receivers than most people do. But if I was a fan of a solid team that was a number 1 receiver away from being a great team like the Jets or Ravens then I would want him on my team.
    To this I say:
    -Look at the state of their offense now going into the season especially with a WR (the teams playmaker) who hasn't even bothered to "learn the playbook".

-We also can't ignore the negative media attention and its affect on the locker room (especially the rookies).

-Add in his legal issues which have been a continual issue for a while now, this is now habitual behavior which is problematic. I'd rather have a T.O. or a Chad OchoCinco anyday due to the fact that their behavior does not extend to law breaking. He is one "bad night out on the town" away from being suspended, and we all know that the Commissioner can't wait to stick it to him.

I've said it before, he can go to a team like the Ravens or Jets who have a strong vetertan presence and/or coach which would keep him in check, but he can't come here. If we are talking Madden then: Yes, but real life: No.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Spags can't be with him 24/7,it's off the filed that these guys screw up,when they aren't being watched by the coaches,it just comes down to bad decisions and this guy has made his share.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast