1980RAMS is offline Registered User

When's Alexander coming back.?????

We need him bad...... Anyone know ??????

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: When's Alexander coming back.?????

Just read this:

NFL Injury Report: Danario Alexander A Factor In Week 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Moore

by Dan Moore • Nov 18, 2010 4:00 PM CST

Practice is moving at full-speed and the Thursday Night Football game is about to go unwatched on the NFL Network: It's that time of the week when the injury reports begin to float around, and for St. Louis Rams fans that means another chance to wonder whether Danario Alexander will ever be able to play two games in a row again.

Alexander practiced at full speed today, along with everybody on the roster except DT Fred Robbins. James Butler also looks readier to go than expected, which should help a Rams defense that was worn down over the course of last week's game. Both Alexander and Butler, along with punter Donnie Jones and Rodger Saffold, were limited in practice on Wednesday.

The Atlanta Falcons have fellow Mizzou alum Sean Witherspoon due back this week—he's been limited in practice this week, which is an improvement. Curtis Lofton, apparently no unfamiliar name on the Falcons' injury report, is likely to play this week, as well as Roddy White and John Abraham.
    Good sign. He is still listed as uncertain.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

This was in the PD yesterday...

ALEXANDER CLOSE

If wide receiver Danario Alexander had his way, he'd suit up Sunday, when former Mizzou teammates Sean Weatherspoon and William Moore come to town with the Falcons. But as Alexander noted, the "coaching staff and training staff are going to make the decision."

Alexander was on the practice field Wednesday for the first time since undergoing the fifth operation on his left knee. The procedure, performed Oct. 29, repaired cartilage damage.

"It's been three weeks since I ran full speed, so it felt pretty good coming out there and getting a practice in," Alexander said. "I'm just kind of rusty. ... I had to get used to running routes and stuff like that again."

Spagnuolo said the Rams would be "very careful" with Alexander. Despite his eagerness to return, Alexander conceded it's the right approach.

"I don't want to rush it; I'm going to patient with it," he said. "But once my number's called, I'll be ready."

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Updating from the PD...

Alexander probably won't get shot at ex-teammates
    By BILL COATS | Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Although nothing is official, indications are that St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danario Alexander won't get a chance to line up against former Mizzou teammates William Moore and Sean Weatherspoon on Sunday.

Alexander, who had surgery Oct. 29 to repair cartilage damage, was listed as questionable on Friday's injury report, and it looks as if he'll probably sit out another week.

Rams defensive tackle Fred Robbins also was questionable. Robbins is expected to suit up Sunday.

Moore, a safety, is No. 2 among the Falcons in tackles and is tied for team high in interceptions, with three

Weatherspoon was leading the Falcons in tackles before suffering a knee injury in Week 5. He also was listed as questionable Friday.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

An extra week of rest is definitely not a bad thing for a knee like that. I'd just like him to enter the off-season able to rest up his knee instead of having another operation.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Well, like they always say: 5th times a charm!

In all seriousness though, I'd prefer Danario sitting as opposed to rushing back. He's, as we've seen briefly, an impact player. I, among with him and everyone else, would like it if he could be a long-term threat. Knowing his past with injuries, it's not likely that'll happen but rushing him back to play certainly won't help. Let's hope for the best with Danario, but be prepared to find another gifted WR in the offseason...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Team Report Yahoo Sports View Post
    Injury Impact:

The possible return of WR Danario Alexander could bring a big-play potential back to the passing game. Alexander likely won't be on the field for a lot of plays if he's active, but he would be someone Atlanta's secondary would have to respect.
    All we need him for is a couple of deep routes, that's it. Bradford drops back looking deep Alexander has a step, caught, 20, 10, 5, TD!!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

swatter555 is offline Registered User

He shouldn't even be practicing. I know he is eager and that is a good sign of enthusiasm, but he is one mistep from never playing again at this point. The Rams are not going to make the playoffs, so its time to put him on the IR. Maybe next year he can be a consistent threat, if the knee is properly rehabbed. DA might not ever play more than a few games in the NFL due to his knee, but I much prefer his chances next year.

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    He shouldn't even be practicing. I know he is eager and that is a good sign of enthusiasm, but he is one mistep from never playing again at this point. The Rams are not going to make the playoffs, so its time to put him on the IR. Maybe next year he can be a consistent threat, if the knee is properly rehabbed. DA might not ever play more than a few games in the NFL due to his knee, but I much prefer his chances next year.
    So you're a fortune teller, huh?