Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SamzRamz
  • 1 Post By RealRam

Thread: Where to buy throw back jersey "84"

SamzRamz is offline Registered User

Where to buy throw back jersey "84"

Hello Fellow Rams Fans....It's been a long time since I've been on this site. But, I've still been supporting our Rams! Anyway, I'm in the search of a Jack Snow white jersey. I haven't seen one for sale for several years now. Does anyone know where I can get one or where I can have one made? My wife and I are going to the Rams/Cards game in December, and I'd love to wear Jack's jersey. He was one of my favorite players when I was a kid. A matter of fact, he was the reason I was a receiver in Pop Warner! I had to wear number 82 back then, because 84 was taken....bummer! We watch all the Rams games at home, but this year our kids got us two tickets for the game for our anniversary (31 years!). I typically watch the Rams/Cards games with my dad (he's 81 years old and still a Rams fan). My wife will be wearing my Deacon Jones jersey that day, so I'd love to get a Snow jersey. I have other Rams jerseys, but I'd love to wear Jack Snow's number. Thanks in advance.... Oh yeah...on the way back from Vegas last week, as we were driving through Henderson, NV, we saw a big horn sheep (Ram) eating grass on the side of the road in broad daylight next to the highway! I've never seen one that close, especially on a busy highway! I'm taking that as a sign of good things to come! :-)
    RealRam likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Where to buy throw back jersey "84"

Hey SamzRamz,

Nice post. You've come to the right place here at ClanRam.

If I come across any info on a white Rams jersey (1964-72) bearing the famous 84 of one of our truly fine receivers, Jack Snow, I'll certainly bring it here! Snow was an icon with the Rams offense and remained with the team his entire NFL career of 11 years -- then a Rams sportscaster after that.

Glad to see another diehard fan with Rammemories of back then like yourself and your dad.

BTW, hope you and your wife enjoy the game. ...Congrats!

-

PS: If it were up to me and I couldn't find a decent Jack Snow / 84 white jersey, I'd have a local shop make me one! Acquire a decent quality white jersey of my size, gather several-to-many rams pictures of the era (in color and B&W) for close reference and have the shop reproduce it to specs -- no excuses.

I wouldn't be surprised if they would generate one as good and "authentic" as the 'Made in China' jerseys sold by NFL.com, perhaps for a similar price. ...Just an idea.

Last edited by RealRam; -08-25-2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: PS: Local shop
    SamzRamz likes this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    I know of a guy in so cal.. pm me for his number

Thank Bruce....pm sent..
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS & OUR FIRST RESPONDERS!!!

Found a hook-up to get my Jack Snow jersey! It will be ordered tomorrow and should be here within a week or two!
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS & OUR FIRST RESPONDERS!!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good for you Samz. I'm curious, are you getting the version with, or without the name...

Below is a 1970 season opener video of the Rams with Snow in action and at the very end too. As you recall, this was the year that the NFL began placing the players' names on the back of the jerseys (the AFL was a few years ahead doing this).

Last edited by RealRam; -08-25-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Video