Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Azul e Oro

Thread: Where did Blake Williams end up?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Where did Blake Williams end up?

Some people were surprised at Blake Williams firing, because they thought our LB unit playe well last year. I read this snippet in MMQB this morning and thought I'd pass along where Daddy's Boy ended up. Looks like everyone one in the NFL & Div I shared the same opinion as Fisher did.

We hadn't heard much about the son of Gregg Williams, Blake Williams, since his dismissal by Jeff Fisher as Rams linebacker coach and defensive playcaller after the season -- until last week. NCAA Division II team William Jewell College of Missouri hired Blake Williams as defensive consultant and presumptive playcaller. Quite a precipitous fall. Blake Williams might find the job tougher at William Jewell than he had in trying to stop Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson last year.

William Jewell lost by scores of 57-16, 56-0, 53-7, 52-17 and 48-3 in 2012. The team gave up 41.6 points per game, 5.8 yards per rush, and 34 touchdown passes.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Where did Blake Williams end up?

Actually, I think that might be the best decision made by a member of that family in a while. Whether he could have found an NFL or top college gig or not, separating himself from his Dad & any hint of nepotism while trying to earn his own stripes is probably the best thing.And if he gets that wreck of a defense back on track at all, he gets all the credit, rather than just blending into the background of some team's cadre of assistants to the assistant coordinator.
    MauiRam, THOLTFAN81 and DE_Ramfan like this.