Bing69 is offline Registered User

Where do you see the Rams.....

Now i know all of us 'hope' the Rams become a competitive team in the next few years, Bradford becomes a star, Onobun fulfills his potential, maybe even Selvie can become a sack master! I want to know what you guys 'think' the Rams will be like in say 2-3 years time?

Do you think Bradford will have made this offense his own? Or will he be a bust?

Will Jackson still be pounding away?

How do you think future draft picks will turn out?

Do you think Spags can mould a superbowl winning team?

Last edited by Bing69; -08-24-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: Where do you see the Rams.....

16-0 this year.

DPskywalker is offline Registered User

Trevor, you're a moron.

We'll be 19-0.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    Trevor, you're a moron.

We'll be 19-0.
    We can do without the name calling.

19-0 works for me though.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I want to know what you guys 'think' the Rams will be like in say 2-3 years time?
    Different than it does now. It will be much improved, maybe even a playoff contender. Certain positions (QB, OT, MLB, DE) will have their anchors; which have been missing for a while. They won't be SB contenders, but they could win the West.

Do you think Bradford will have made this offense his own? Or will he be a bust?
    Yes, Bradford will be the face of the offense. It will be molded to his strengths.

No, he will not. He will still be a starter, but his touches will be cut in half if that many. A good 2nd RB, maybe even 3rd, will be more visible.

How do you think future drfat picks will turn out?
    I think DeSpags has shown to be credible voices in a warroom. I see no reason to believe that will change in the future. Two specific picks I see turning out........ 2011 first rounder, WR A.J. Green & 2012 first rounder, DE Aldon Smith.

He absolutely could. Will he? Hmm, hopefully.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

we need a new OC first.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

It is very hard to predict the future so early into Spags reign. In all honesty, the offense looks horrendous again if the ball isn't in SJs hands. In addition SJ will probably be in sharp decline the next few years. Bradford should provide some spark, but we need to have another good running back in the works, and I mean right now.

If we can land a decent running back and an pro-bowl potential wide out in the next couple of years, we might be contending for the division.

The Rammer is offline Registered User

2010: Poor season, 4-6 wins.
    2011: Good season. 8-10 wins, playoff appearance.
    2012: Good season, 9-11 wins, playoff appearance and a win or two.
    2013: 8-10 wins, minor step back, get to the playoffs, but don't do anything.
    2014: We take the next step up, 12 wins, Super Bowl Champions.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Different than it does now. It will be much improved, maybe even a playoff contender. Certain positions (QB, OT, MLB, DE) will have their anchors; which have been missing for a while. They won't be SB contenders, but they could win the West.

Yes, Bradford will be the face of the offense. It will be molded to his strengths.

No, he will not. He will still be a starter, but his touches will be cut in half if that many. A good 2nd RB, maybe even 3rd, will be more visible.

I think DeSpags has shown to be credible voices in a warroom. I see no reason to believe that will change in the future. Two specific picks I see turning out........ 2011 first rounder, WR A.J. Green & 2012 first rounder, DE Aldon Smith.

He absolutely could. Will he? Hmm, hopefully.
    Dead on on all points in my opinion, especially about Jackson and that's the one thing that scares me the most. This team doesn't as of yet have a legit "waiting in the wings" kind of guy to step into Jacksons shoes. The Rams can ill afford the let him touch the rock as many times as he did last year, if he has to do that 2011 could be his last dance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

punahou is offline Registered User

Well, as I havent been impressed with much that the post Linewho era hasn accomplished, this is my, not-so-company man take

I still do not think that Bradford has what it takes to be an average NFL QB. I stand by Ndominating Suh as the pick of choice here. There have been too many Oklahoma QB products in recent years that excelled and won Heismans under the Stoops we trust system that havent translated well into the NFL. I still see no reason to think differently here other than to be the company man and say he will be great.

This is a multi tiered query as many outsiders critizie the Ram's O-line. However for the past few years SJ has proven he can get it done with or without an O-line. That says a lot about his tenancity and talent. If an individual can perform WITH NO SUPPORT, then that individual is indeed a special player. SJ has about 3-4 more years of pounding IMO.

Which leads me into the other tier of this discussion. If and if our O line is as terrible as outsiders say, and IF and IF Bradford is a special player, then he should be able to CREATE opportunity when none is there, O-line or not. If Bradford can be like Archie Manning in his Saints Hey days (bad team but still productive player), then I'll finally agree he was a good pick.

How do you think future draft picks will turn out?

Given the drafts that this regime has completed Ill have to say that the furture is bleak. I say this because we passed on a sure a bet as there ever was in Ndominationg Suh as well as the head scratchers and misjudged picks we currently have.

IE Spags' love with the CB position when other need or more talented positon players were available.

And Im gonan say it in un company man like fashion, taking Jason Smith.
    whatever you want to say about this #2 pick, the fact remains that being on the Injured reserve for most of your career just is not a promising start. Great players seem to spark from the get go, stay off IR from the onset.

The only picks Ive really liked by this regime are the tail end of this past draft with the DE selections.

Yes JLaura seems to be a nice pick, but his impact for the Rams hasnt done anything to help the defense as of yet.

I really think Spags need to stay a D coordinator. He really seems lost as a HC, and the people he is surrounding himself with are only emphasizing that fact IE Pat Shurmer who seems like he is emulating his father as a D coordinator, as Pats Offensive numbers look like great defensive numbers.

In any event thats the way I feel, and while it will more than likely rub most of you the wrong way-- someones got to say it.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    In any event thats the way I feel, and while it will more than likely rub most of you the wrong way-- someones got to say it.
    You say that as if you speak the truth that no one will admit to, as opposed to your opinion. That is you opinion and you are entitled to it, I just happen to disagree.

msha is offline Registered User

Instead of Revis, Jackson, and McNeil holding out, it will be Murphy, Alexander, and Saffold holding out.

heff is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post

I still do not think that Bradford has what it takes to be an average NFL QB. I stand by Ndominating Suh as the pick of choice here. There have been too many Oklahoma QB products in recent years that excelled and won Heismans under the Stoops we trust system that havent translated well into the NFL. I still see no reason to think differently here other than to be the company man and say he will be great.
    You mean Jason White with two blown out knees? Or Josh Heupel who won a NC with an arm that was made from a Jell-O mold by the end of his senior year?

Cum hoc ergo proctor hoc, dude.