Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Where was Quick today??

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Where was Quick today??

I dont know about you guys but i dont even think i saw Quick on the field at all,did anyone see something i didnt??Givens was on the field a couple times but he didnt get as much work as i would have hoped either.I pretty much saw Smith,Amendola, and Gibson (unfortunately).For QUick and Sam to develop something the coaches got to give him some reps practicing is nothing compared to gameday reps.Hopefully next week we see some more out of him.On a positive note we played a pretty good game against a quality opponent and i think it was a moral victory.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Where was Quick today??

Why was it unfortunate to see Gibson on the field? He was our best receiver yesterday. His sideline grab late in the 4th was excellent, and that TD catch was a ridiculous display of both concentration and hand strength.

Not many guys can grab that pass at full stretch and hold on all the way through to the ground, while also never letting the ball hit the floor. And doing that while being molested by the Lions defender was just awesome.
    thoey, Rambos, cfh128 and 2 others like this.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I think Gibson will grow on all of us if he keeps CATCHING the ball. I remember when no one liked Amendola but he is a team favorite now. I am a Gibson hater, i must admit.... I cant get the images of him dropping wide open uncontested passes out of my head. But as long as he never drops another ball im cool with him. And i dont know his contract status but I'd prefer we cut ties with him at the end of it, no long term deal for him.... I wouldnt care if he had 10tds and 1200yds. And Quick must have trouble digesting the playbook. Remember he said he never had one in college.

Bing69 is online now Registered User

And Stephen Hill caught 2 touchdowns for the Jets...just sayin'

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

I recall hearing the announcers say that only two Rams players didn't play in the game: Austin Davis and Quick. I'm afraid we've wasted a draft pick and that Fisher has lost confidence in him already.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I recall hearing the announcers say that only two Rams players didn't play in the game: Austin Davis and Quick. I'm afraid we've wasted a draft pick and that Fisher has lost confidence in him already.
    The sky is falling the sky is falling. Its one game. Quinn didn't play last year first game either and he is doing just fine.
    FestusRam likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

And Stephen Hill caught 2 touchdowns for the Jets...just sayin'
    I'm afraid we've wasted a draft pick and that Fisher has lost confidence in him already.
    I'm having a hard time deciding which of these posts is more idiotic.

I remember when the Rams took a WR at the top of the 2nd round and he only had 21 receptions as a rookie. Another WR, taken several spots later in the draft, had 46 receptions and over double the yardage.

The Rams' rookie: Isaac Bruce
    The other guy: Bert Emmanuel
    cfh128 and jsimcox like this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Ummm...what?

shower beers is offline Registered User

Guys, we don't know the story on Quick. He's probably being brought along at a slower pace than other rookies, maybe in part to not having a playbook in college(?).

Fortunately, we have a group of guys who our staff feels can handle the load in the interim. Gibson proved that yesterday, I believe, and Amendola has already done that over and over. Not every rookie comes in and has an immediate impact. I think the general rule for receivers in particular, is to look toward year 3 for a proper evaluation. It's just been one game folks.

richtree is offline Registered User

We played a pretty good team in the Lions, and the Rams have the youngest team in the league.

Gibson played ok and we really played pretty well. Quick is going to develop and by the end of the year he will develop.

Blackmon had only 24yds, AJ Jenkins had no catches...Michael Floyd had nothing, and Kendall Wright with 37 yards.....

So, this proves our team is young, developing, and our depth is a big weakness.

Fisher knows our Offensive line is our biggest weakness, and our defensive scheme should be a strength....

I know everyone wanted a "W" -- but we really played well especially without 3 of our key players:

Brockers, Wells, Saffold

macrammer is offline Registered User

yes, all of us would love Quick to make an immediate imapct but really we just need to be patient. I trust the coaching staff and I firmly believe we will see Quick out there in upcoming weeks. Look for him to end the season much more active then he begins the season. It is really premature to gauge the effectiveness of this draft pick.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?

How did Aaron Roders do his first three years in the league?

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

I'm happy to have people disagree with me and I will feel free to do it with them. With all due respect is it necessary to throw the 'idiot' word around? I saw it several times on earlier posts and in reply to other posters, which IMHO were reasonable and the poster was expressing his or her opinion, which it seems to me he/she has a right to do whether I agree with the content or disagree with it. I no longer post nor even visit some other forums because the conversations got progressively more personal and name-calling was the order of the day (e.g. 'tool,' 'moron') and was impressed when I visited ClanRam for the first time because of the mutual respect and insightful conversations that were going on, so I joined. I don't regret joining ClanRam and hope that the day comes when I can't say that.
    thoey likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I'm happy to have people disagree with me and I will feel free to do it with them. With all due respect is it necessary to throw the 'idiot' word around? I saw it several times on earlier posts and in reply to other posters, which IMHO were reasonable and the poster was expressing his or her opinion, which it seems to me he/she has a right to do whether I agree with the content or disagree with it. I no longer post nor even visit some other forums because the conversations got progressively more personal and name-calling was the order of the day (e.g. 'tool,' 'moron') and was impressed when I visited ClanRam for the first time because of the mutual respect and insightful conversations that were going on, so I joined. I don't regret joining ClanRam and hope that the day comes when I can't say that.
    It just seems silly to question the validity of a pick because the guy didn't play in the first game of the season. By that standard, tons of guys who go on to successful careers would be "busts" You can't question whether a pick was good or not based upon the first game of the season. As others pointed out, Quinn didn't play in his first game either, but he had a fine campaign after.

To be honest, I think questioning whether the Rams made a wise choice in choosing Quick based upon whether he was ready to play week 1 is a knee-jerk reaction. It's way too premature to question the pick.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

No offense Toronto, but AV kinda' beat me to the punch.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast