RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Where is the REAL problem?

Since there is so much speculation about the Rams problems on this board lately, I have spent a lot of "brain energy" contemplating where the issues lie.

And I think I found something.

It's Faulk. Wait - don't jump on me yet - hear me out.

This evening on the NFL Network with Marshall Faulk as part of the crew. Marshall was asked about the Bulger situation. Marshall's response was that in the past Marc or who ever would have brought the situation to him and Marshall would have gone to the coaches or the players themselves.

Think about it. We are missing Faulk's leadership. Faulk is WELL respected. If a player, no matter how young or how large, was approached by Faulk, they would listen.

I have little doubt as to whether Linehan or Haslett would take his words to heart.

Maybe Marshall needs to walk into the locker room, tell everyone to shut up and listen, and tell them how it's going to be. Then, he can tell them who HE wants to step up as leader....and put the "Fear of Marshall" into the whole lot of them.

Yeah, I know.....:\

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Where is the REAL problem?

I actually brought up that bit about Marshall in the thread I started. "In Bulgers Defense". You're right on with this. There hasn't been a team leader or go to guy and Marc finally decided he would step up.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I agree, but at one point or another, we're going to have to (as a team) be without him.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The real problem is an unfortunate series of events that started with new coaches and new schemes, which were then undercut by a laundry list of injuries, broken bones, a total lack of any continuity and now it seems, a few players that just want to mail it in. If that's not a recipe for disaster and disappointment, I don't know what is.