View Poll Results: Where will Marc Bulger be on 8/7/10?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • After a comeback, Pro Bowl quality year, Marc will be entrenched as the Rams' starting QB.

17 18.28%
  • After a solid, but unspectacular, year Marc will be the starter, but looking over his shoulder.

50 53.76%
  • After a mediocre year, Marc will be battling for the No. 1 job.

3 3.23%
  • After a sub-par year, Marc will be the placeholder for a new QB, at best.

6 6.45%
  • After a poor year, Marc will no longer be with the Rams.

5 5.38%
  • He'll be gone or fighting for a job because of injuries in '09.

5 5.38%
  • He'll be gone via a trade.

7 7.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Where will Marc Bulger be one year from today (8/7/09)?

*This is a public poll that will allow people to see which selection you voted for.*

It will be interesting to see how this pivotal year goes for Marc, and how it matches up to expectations.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where will Marc Bulger be one year from today (8/7/09)?

I voted for option #2. I expect Marc will have a solid year. Nonetheless, given his age and the potential for a deep and talented QB pool in next year's draft, I think there's a good chance the Rams will take a QB early in the 2010 draft and start grooming him for the future.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I voted # 1, After a comeback, Pro Bowl quality year, Marc will be entrenched as the Rams' starting QB. I think with a good OL, he is a Pro Bowl QB.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well .. I'll preface my vote with the statement that if SJ and the O-line stay healthy through 16 games, he'll have a great year .. If the injury bug bites, then all bets are off ..

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Its looking like a great QB crop, the number one thing new coaches and organizations usually do is establish a franchise QB or at least a QB of the future. I'm not so sure Bulger will be a pro-bowler and that's the only way I don't see a first or second rounder hot on his heals.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I voted for the seconded choice, which is solid or better. I don't think he has too much to worry about next year, the Rams still have a lot of holes to fill. But, I don't see him lasting much longer than that unless he really turns it on. However, let me point out that I think he's been a victim of a piss poor offensive line the past few years and would like nothing more for him to finish out his last few years strongly, which I know he is capable of.

rampower is offline Registered User

I like marc and think he will do a good job somewhere. I have never entirely bought into the superbowl winning qb theory, teams have won with worse qb's than Bulger.

With the reliane on a rookie left tackle and no injuries to Jackson, the pressure on Bulger could come fast, which may see the same rocky road trod upon. A lot will depend on those around him giving an easier ride for 3 or 4 games so he can get his mojo back.

My fear is we have hurt Bulger more mentally than phisically, like we did Warner and a season on the bench may be needed, but I think it will be somewhere else and in 2 years time or so it will be probowl time again. A fight for the job would do him good, as it did kurt. I would like it to be here but as they say NFL, Not For Long, I think it will be trade time.

I hope I'm wrong, really I do.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

maineram is offline Registered User

Healthy line and Jackson and Marc will have a very good year. But regardless of how he plays this year, they will be picking a top Qb in next years draft. It will be time !!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I didn't find a selection I liked.

I think Bulger will have a decent to good year, not necessarily a Pro-Bowl year and he will remain entrenched as the Rams' QB.

Even a playoff spot wouldn't ensure a Pro-Bowl selection but would endear Bulger to most of the fan base.

There will always be fans who may never be satisfied with anything Bulger accomplishes, short of a Super Bowl,as well as those who can't see the forest for the trees.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

If the team can stay healthy, he will be starter next year, but looking over his shoulder.

But that's key...the squad MUST stay healthy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

DistantRam is offline Registered User

None of the above.

I believe that Bulger will have a solid but unspectacular year but that he'll still be released due to salary cap issues, much as Pace and Holt were this year.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think everyone here knows I support Marc 100%. I believe he could put up some incredible numbers, have one of those once-in-a-decade years, and make Brady his....footstool - IF he had the right people surrounding him. I'm not saying that our offense isn't better than last year; in fact, unless those guys are wearing Lions jerseys, they have to be better. I'm just saying Marc would need the perfect RB (Faulk in his prime), the right WR's (Bruce, Holt, Ellard - all in their prime), the right O-Line, QB coach, etc. I think you see where I am going.
    With that, I voted #2. I think all of the changes made to the line, to the offense, the coaches, etc., will give Marc a chance to be at least a solid QB. Maybe not a top five in the league, but definitley not a Ryan Leaf, either. We know from '99 that a great QB doesn't have to be drafted in round 1 (or at all), but I bet some kid will be pushing Marc for the starting position in the '10 season...and will win out in 2011, unless Marc can pull his head out of the sand.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Picked the second choice a while ago, but just now am getting around to posting my feelings.

I fell that with the new system that seems tailor made for Marc, and a strong emphasis on the run game, Marc will have the season we've all known he can have, putting up a strong 20 or so TD season with somewhere over 3500 yards. Not pro bowl quality, but I think that he'll lead us to a promising season that will entrench him has the QB for now, we'll still be looking for a QB of the future come next year for the simple fact that Marc has only a few more years in him at best in my opinion, it's better to let your future QB sit and learn for a season or two, and there's a big class coming out this year.

As long as Bulger has a good year, it should mean that we can wait until the 2nd round for a QB that falls, which should help in proving that we're not replacing Marc and we're simply drafting for the future.

Of course, if Bulger has a bad year, then all bets are off, and we could be drafting near the top of the draft again, leading us to draft a top QB to put in direct competition with Bulger or outright replacing him. I'm hoping for the good year scenario.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I think he'll have a solid year but I wouldn't be shocked if we trade up in the draft (if we do well, that is) and get our QB of the future. There are a ton of different variables involved, of course, if the staff is in love with a certain player or not, and if QB is needed more than WR, Secondary, etc.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Option last. Bulger is done by the half way point. Don't see him doing much. Honestly , I hope I'm wrong.If Bulger goes down long is our best bet as the Back-up. LOL
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast