Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    invisiblehorns314 Guest

Where your faith?

Have you given up already? What's going on here? Okay, I hardly ever post, but I had to after seeing this. Its like a lot of fans have given up on the Rams already. You wanna trade SJ? Just for the record trading SJ is like slamming your arm in a car door, jus to see if its gonna hurt. Look at baseball, Pittsburgh Pirates, they trade away anybody that's valueable for prospects. Some might pan out, some will not. I don't know about you guys, but when I watch a Rams game like I did Sunday, I get upset. Why can't my team play as hard as ***** did. Why does my team make costly turnovers and or stupid mistakes. Then I see SJ running harder in the 4th Qtr. Trying his best to fight for every inch. It doesn't make the penalties go away, or the score that much closer, but it helps cope with the fact that we are not a very talented team. We are average in a league of good to great teams. This team is only gonna get better, you might not see immediate results in the win column, but you see fight and desire in these players eyes. LL has more sacks this year then he's had the last 3 combined. They might slip up, and get down, but despite that, they compete, they do the best they can do, despite the results, and that's why I watch football every week, even though they piss me off when they give away games, they still compete. So if LL, SJ, and OJ, and every other player on this 53 man team still believes, then why shouldn't I? I'm a fan, regardless....

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Where your faith?

This is why you should post here more often.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Yeah, I agree 100% Now is not the time to panic and start making thoughtless errors off the field that match those on-field. We are growing, and our young players are learning from these games. It remains to be seen if our youngsters will learn enough to be competative anytime soon, but I will support this team to the end. I am a Rams fan. GoRams.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Trading Jaxx would literally define us as the worst team in the NFL BY FAR. He is still young and no doubt a top 5 back in the league and I think he will still be around to see us prosper. Free Agency for us this offseason is huge and we need to pick up some big immediate impact players. The problem with our squad is we have way too much young talent that need time to develop. We hardly have any veterans to help us currently or facilitate the rookies development. Holt and Pace were the two big Vets on the team and we all know what happened there. As for this season, there is absolutly no chance at a playoff run if that's what you mean invisiblehorns. As for giving up on the Rams for the future, I don't think the die hard fans here on the site will ever do that. As for this season though, I saw this coming way before preseason even started lol.

eldfan is offline Registered User

This team will turn it around I dont know when but I think Spags can get us there in time. In the meantime we need something to cheer about SJ is worth cheering for he runs hard he cares. Im watching the rams games if nothing else to hope he can do well.
    :ramlogo:

invisiblehorns314 Guest

Playoffs? I said we would be lucky to finish .500 this yr. Here's something that a lot of fans seem to forget. In the past 4 season before the new regime, we went thru 4 different coaches, that lead us to a 19-45 record. No teams goes thru all those changes, then wins the division. This was 4 yrs of bad draft pics, putting band-aids over leaks, and not building a team for the future, but instead building a team for right now, using subpar or overrated players past their prime. We wasted money in FA (Drew Bennet, and Jacob Bell), we wasted draft picks (Tye Hill, Klop, Brian L in the 2nd), and Bad coaching (Carriker, DT, and mismanagement of players). All I'm saying is, this isn't an overnight process. It didn't take 1 season to screw it all up, its not gonna take 1 to pull it all togather.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I said we would be lucky to finish .500 this yr.
    wow you do have faith
    :ramlogo:

viper is offline Registered User

Rome was not built in a day and neither will the Rams turnaround. This is not the Linehan regime that blundered with personnel decisions, drafts and game management. I believe that the DeSpags era will bear fruit. I've seen enough improvement that I am optimistic for the future. But, it will take time.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Credulity: credulity Pronunciation: \kri-ˈd-lə-tē, -ˈdy-\
    Function: noun

: readiness or willingness to believe especially on slight or uncertain evidence

My interpretation? No evidence or factual support. Heart desires and believes based on wishing.

Faith: the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

Faith has facts to support what ones expects or hopes for.

Seriously everything with this team is going backwards. We couldn't stop the run, but our offense produced. Now our defense has potential but can't get off the field.

Really is it faith or credulity?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

maineram Guest

It's year ONE of a new beginning !!

As much as it pains me to see them flounder, I am still a faithful follower....... blind faithful, but faithful no less.

GO RAMS !!

Maineram -

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Credulity: credulity Pronunciation: \kri-ˈd-lə-tē, -ˈdy-\
    Function: noun

: readiness or willingness to believe especially on slight or uncertain evidence

My interpretation? No evidence or factual support. Heart desires and believes based on wishing.

Faith: the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

Faith has facts to support what ones expects or hopes for.

Seriously everything with this team is going backwards. We couldn't stop the run, but our offense produced. Now our defense has potential but can't get off the field.

Really is it faith or credulity?
    I'd like to throw in a different definition of faith.

Faith: Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

I believe the Rams are going to turn it around. What proof do I have? A defense that is showing vital signs, finally, and a head coach and GM who have the right attitude to win football games.

That's not much proof. It doesn't stop me believing year in and year out that we're going to be a successful football team. It's what makes me a football fan. Faith.

AlphaRam Guest

53 ClanRammers hoping as 1.

RamOfDenmark Guest

If you want to talk about the good signs, they're all on defense right now.

Leonard Little looks pretty sharp in getting to the QB, Chris Long is doing a lot of good that isn't always showing up in the stats, O. J. Atogwe is simply a player 'nuff said & James Laurinaitis already looks like a great pick in his 1st year.

We held the Redskins to 9 points and the 4⁠9'ers to 14 (on defense). With only a half-decent offfense those numbers would give you a great chance to chalk down 2 W's.

I think Spagnuolo is doing a lot of things right on defense when you look at the personnel he has to work with. He has lived up to expectations for improved D-line play in actually getting a somewhat decent rotation going on the D-line with players like C. J. Ah You, Gary Gibson & LaJuan Ramsey who are basically nobody's contributing above their usual level. Imagine once he's had one or two more drafts to select some quality players that fit what he wants to do with the front-seven.

If you ignore everything happening on the other side of the ball and keep in mind the quality of the personnel that Spagnuolo inherited it is possible to find a few good signs here and there

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I'd like to throw in a different definition of faith.

Faith: Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
    sorry my definition comes from the good book itself, the very origin of the concept.

At any rate, this is beyond whatever you may call it. Looking forward to draft day 2010!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    sorry my definition comes from the good book itself, the very origin of the concept.

At any rate, this is beyond whatever you may call it. Looking forward to draft day 2010!
    Mine also comes from a good book: The Oxford dictionary.

Actually, the concept is dated to around 1250, I think. It's from the latin word fidem, meaning to trust.

I'm not looking forward to draft day 2010. I'm looking forward to this coming Sunday and you should be too. We only get to watch our Rams play sixteen times a year and I intend to savour every single disappointing minute. I believe we're going to turn it around. That process began in week one and we're going to continue to make improvements through week sixteen, until it it's reflected on the scoreboard. The draft is an integral part of this process, but it pails in comparison to putting it together on the field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast