bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

who is the best rookie of 07???

As bored as I am waiting from some nice new rammie news I figured why not ask the zen like questions who end's up being the best young buck of 07. Leonard?? Carriker????a 7th round Jackson what do ya think folks??

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: who is the best rookie of 07???

I sure hope Carriker performs the best, as he will be a starter in a position we really need more production in. If we are to make a run this year we must defend the run significantly better than the last number of years. It's hard to ask much of a rookie but at the moment all our hopes are being pinned on Carriker to perform. Leonard is in a different scenario, we have SJ as the work-horse back so he can come in to give 39 a break. Thus he isn't going to have the same expectations on him as Carriker will, because Carriker's role will be much more important to the success of the team..

chipperjones is offline Registered User

I think Jonathon Wade is gonna turn out to be a really good pick, but I have to go with Carriker.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe it's a cliche, but I think Carriker is in the best position to contribute. On the offensive side, yes, Leonard will get touches; however, my vote goes to Dustin Fry. McCollum is running on fumes, and I'm not sold that the sub-300 lb. Romberg is the long-term answer. Fry seems like more of a power center compared to Romberg as a zone center.

As for the whole league....

Offense - Calvin Johnson - Williams and Furrey to take some attention off, Martz calling the shots.......this has R.O.Y. written all over it.

Offense hon. mention - Marshawn Lynch - Will start from day 1, and if I'm right about Losman, Lynch will get a lot of touches in this offense

Defense - Gaines Adams - If Spires and Rice (combined 66 years old) can stay healthy, Adams shouldn't see many double teams

Defense hon. mention - Adam Carriker - Fat chance of a rookie NT getting this award, but unless the votes are cast purely on stats, his play will garner some attention
    Last edited by HUbison; -06-21-2007 at 12:52 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Maybe it's a cliche, but I think Carriker is in the best position to contribute. On the offensive side, yes, Leonard will get touches; however, my vote goes to Dustin Fry. McCollum is running on fumes, and I'm not sold that the sub-300 lb. Romberg is the long-term answer. Fry seems like more of a power center compared to Romberg as a zone center.
    I really believe Carrkker is going to be a special player for us -- along the lines of Jack Youngblood.

It will be interesting to see who the coaches decide is "the guy" at center. Andy McCollum likely will be the backup to Romberg this year, but I would be extremely surprised if somehow Fry were to beat them both out. Romberg is very athletic, plays with good technique, and has good smarts to boot. I think he gained both the coaches' and Bulger's confidence with his savvy play last year. Fry is a brute strength mauler who also is very bright. From the little I know of Fry, the main chink in his armor is his lack of athleticism, which some scouts feel prevents him from being as effective as teams would like when blocking on the second level. One thing is for sure though, we went from basically no depth at all at center, to very good depth this year. For now, my money is on Romberg because of what he has shown already. Fry, however, hasn't had his chance yet, but it will be coming soon ...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I think the question needs a little clarification. If you go straight on production and impact. I think and hope that it will be Carriker. As well it should be, being as he was the first round pick. If you go by best value pick, it will be very debatable, depending upon attrition. For that, I think it will be one of the lower round linemen. To pull a name out of my butt, I'll go with Fry too, as you can never have too much depth on the o-line.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I think Brian Leonard is in the best situation out of all of our rookies to find success immediately.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Bottom line-- if we are to be a successful team this year, it must be Adam Carriker.

This offense will not carry us to the superbowl. Hell- it'll go further than any other offense, but it alone will not win us a championship.

suhpr3me is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Bottom line-- if we are to be a successful team this year, it must be Adam Carriker.

This offense will not carry us to the superbowl. Hell- it'll go further than any other offense, but it alone will not win us a championship.
    Indianapolis Colts?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Who is the best rookie of 07???

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    I sure hope Carriker performs the best, as he will be a starter in a position we really need more production in. If we are to make a run this year we must defend the run significantly better than the last number of years. It's hard to ask much of a rookie but at the moment all our hopes are being pinned on Carriker to perform. Leonard is in a different scenario, we have SJ as the work-horse back so he can come in to give 39 a break. Thus he isn't going to have the same expectations on him as Carriker will, because Carriker's role will be much more important to the success of the team.

Totally agree. :r Rams Rookie of 07 should, as explained above, be in this order:

1. Adam Carriker DT
    2. Brian Leonard RB
    3. Dustin Fry C -- I think has the least probabilty, other than injury to Brett / Andy

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by suhpr3me View Post
    Indianapolis Colts?
    Their defense was terrible, but tightened up in playoff time. We better fix our defense this year.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by suhpr3me View Post
    Indianapolis Colts?
    Turned it on in the playoffs on defense due to a healthy and Hearty defensive captain (Bob Sanders, FS) and Booger McFarland really taking his play in the middle to the next level.

KingHigh is offline Registered User

I would say Brian Leonard will be the best rookie. He's a beast.