View Poll Results: Who is playing at a higher level at this point in their careers, Holt or Bruce?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Torry Holt

4 17.39%
  • Isaac Bruce

15 65.22%
  • They are at roughly the same level right now.

4 17.39%
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Who is the better receiver at this point in their careers, Torry Holt or Isaac Bruce?

I just thought I'd stir the pot a little. Here are the stats as of 11/29/2008:

Player ------ Rec Yds Avg Lng TD | Cost against the Salary Cap
    Torry Holt --- 42 496 11.8 45T 2 | $9.2 million
    Isaac Bruce - 34 558 16.4 63 5 | $5 million (if he had been retained under his old contract)

So the question is which player is performing at a higher level at this point in their career? Torry "Big Game" Holt is four years younger, but "Reverend" Isaac Bruce may have less wear and tear on his body despite his age. Holt has more receptions with the Rams; Bruce has more yards, better average, and more touchdowns with the *****. Isaac has spoken fondly of his old team and how it is sad he was unable to retire as a Ram while Torry has half-jokingly talked of retiring as a Panther.

Pretend for a moment that we really were so perilously tight against the cap that there was no way we could keep both under contract...would we have been better off keeping Ike?

Edit: Just to clarify, the salary cap numbers are what it would cost for the player to be on the team in 2008, not the cap savings from cutting them.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -11-29-2008 at 07:59 PM.

stlramman is offline Registered User

Re: Who is the better receiver at this point in their careers, Torry Holt or Isaac Br

Had to go with the Rev. Holt may have more catches but sadly they are of the 3-4 yard variety. Isaac is still getting open on the intermediate routes Holt is not. Who would of thought we may have parted w/ the wrong player. IMO next year Holt will be gone as well.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Who is the better receiver at this point in their careers, Torry Holt or Isaac Br

I don't know. I'd have to say they're playing about the same.

Both of them have good games and bad games. None of them are as standout WR's like they were before.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

BRUUUUUCE! I think he's more big game than Holt.

Truth is offline Registered User

I went with Bruce. IMO he's always been a better route runner. Now, as age has taken away a step or two, route running has become even more important.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Sorry Torry but it's obvious Ike made you the reciever you were.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Isaac all the way,that was one of the dumbest moves in the long list of dumb moves by the Rams front office.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I like IKE! Torry has become a shell of his former self, while Isaac Bruce has become Ol' reliable in the 4th quarter of his career. Torry Holt with only 2 TDs this late in the season, reflects the sad state of Saint Louis Rams football! SORRY TORRY!, I LIKE IKE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rammiser is offline Registered User

I chose Drew Bennett. Have you seen the way that guy holds a clipboard man thats hall of fame clip board holding right there. The way he fills those gatorade bottles and gets them ready for the guys that actually try to play. The way he coail up the wires on the sidelines and keeps those towels nicely stacked. I never saw the genius the front office did in letting Bruce go untill now, but hey we save 2 mil and now we have the highest paid clipboard holding,gatorade filling wire coiling wr in the league.
    Just Fix It

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I chose Drew Bennett. Have you seen the way that guy holds a clipboard man thats hall of fame clip board holding right there. The way he fills those gatorade bottles and gets them ready for the guys that actually try to play. The way he coail up the wires on the sidelines and keeps those towels nicely stacked. I never saw the genius the front office did in letting Bruce go untill now, but hey we save 2 mil and now we have the highest paid clipboard holding,gatorade filling wire coiling wr in the league.
    Let em have it rammi! this guy is a bum and i wish i could stick that clip board up his ??? i was pulling for this guy to have an impressive season till that silly tarsal break in his little ol foot in the first game of the season. What a slap. 2 years with us and all he did was limp off the field and carry a clipboard instead of the team. We need players not wimpy check cashers!!!

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Torry is better right now, even the last couple of years they played together he showed to be more effective.

Keenum is offline Registered User

It's hard to tell. Holt is playing on a team with a struggling offense, he could really be a lot better than his numbers say. Bruce I knew was still good, I'm not surprised he's having a pretty decent year with SF (had another TD today).
    If I had to pick one WR, I'd probably go with Bruce though. I still think Holt is a very good WR, but it's just hard to tell with our struggling offense.