Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 1 Post By macrammer
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By live4ramin

Thread: Who Dat?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Who Dat?

The St. Louis Rams, that's who. Maybe a meaningless game as it relates to the post season, but IMO, it really shows what this team is capable of when everyone does their job, and that we have most of the talent we need to be successful. A few tweaks, a solid draft, and look out.

This one was fun to watch.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Re: Who Dat?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The St. Louis Rams, that's who. Maybe a meaningless game as it relates to the post season, but IMO, it really shows what this team is capable of when everyone does their job, and that we have most of the talent we need to be successful. A few tweaks, a solid draft, and look out.

This one was fun to watch.
    I agree. We have a nice foundation and just need a few pieces. Sign scaffold......
    lordwhttgr likes this.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

That is also what I feel I think we may already have most of the pieces needed but they need experience drafting for depth and those few tweaks at certain positions are what's needed.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I agree. We have a nice foundation and just need a few pieces. Sign scaffold......
    Yes Sign him as a Guard

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Sign scaffold......
    Definitely one of the tweaks I was thinking of.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    Yes Sign him as a Guard
    Give him Carl Nicks-esque guard money with playing incentives.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

WE DAT!

Never know which team is going to show up but that was fun to watch.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

A great job. This is what happens when you block, run the football effectively, avoid penalties and turnovers and jump on a better team early. Plus, a nice pass rush in the face of Mr. Brees always helps.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

More importantly the Rams had nothing to gain by winning where as the Saints had every reason to win...and the Rams won. Considering the Saints are likely to make the playoffs, this was a total disaster for them.

How many TDs did the Saints give up to a backup QB?
    How many ground yards did the Saints give up?
    How many times did the Saints give up their QB to the Rams defense?

All this doesn't bode well for the Saints considering the "NEED" a home game and if possible a week off. The Rams threw a monkey-wrench into the gears of that hope. Again with little to gain the Rams played to their potential.

We all been trying to put our finger on that button as to why the Rams are inconsistent throughout the season. I still say its mostly the DC/OC issues, but as a team its MOTIVATION that's inconsistent. We all know the Rams are a night verse day with player personal from this season to last season. And in the long run, perhaps the Rams ought to be looking for "characters" and personalities in whom they bring in during the offseason

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Sign scaffold......
    Yeah, something we can build on.
    FestusRam likes this.
    Tell me when it's over,

FestusRam is offline Registered User

While it is meaningless relative to post-season, they're are many positive takeaways from today's game:

1. It further entrenches the fact that we can DOMINATE playoff contenders with a backup QB. NO is the third playoff contender we've handled with Clemens behind center. That's impressive considering we're the youngest and most inexperienced team in the NFL.

2. Our rookies are looking really, really good. Ogletree was all over the field as usual leading the Rams in tackles. Mcdonald had a pick early and made a few more nice plays. Baileys recovered a crucial onside kick and continues to show great routes and hands as a wide out. And last in the draft, but certaintly not least, Zac Stacy had the best day of them all amassing 133 yards on the ground including a 40 TD scamper. This rookie class continues to look more legit every week.

3. It looks as if Rodger Saffold has found his true position on the line. Hopefully the Rams work to keep him in Horns as a guard. When he's at RG, our run game is on another level. If he agrees to play guard, give Dahl's money to him. We will see though.

4. Just when we thought our secondary was helpless, they come out and dominate one of the best passing attacks in the game. It's clear they have the ability, but it's not clear week to week if they'll show up. Once again, they're young. They'll come around.

5. Robert Quinn continues to make a case for NFC DPOY. Amazing talent. Has top production week after week with teams scratching their heads wondering why their double/triple teams aren't working. Today Quinn was chipped by a TE and doubled by the LG, LT and still managed to take the ball right out of Brees hands.

I know every year we say "next year is our year", but this year is different. It's obvious. One more FA and draft(with two high 1st round picks), and this teams ready to compete for a playoff berth.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -12-16-2013 at 01:01 AM.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

"I saw enough," Payton said. "I saw enough, period. It was enough; penalties, pressures, sacks, it was enough. At some point you just can't keep watching it. Feelings get hurt, it is tough."

Payton on watching Quinn dominate his LT and every other would-be blocker Payton threw at him.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    "I saw enough," Payton said. "I saw enough, period. It was enough; penalties, pressures, sacks, it was enough. At some point you just can't keep watching it. Feelings get hurt, it is tough."

Payton on watching Quinn dominate his LT and every other would-be blocker Payton threw at him.
    "ˇNo más! ...ˇNO MÁS!!!"

Great to hear N.O. HC Payton feel the weight and punches of a Rams aggressive defense.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

ARRRRRG!!!! you beat me to this post. Dang you 4 hour drive home!!!!!

Who Dat?
    The Rams That's who!!!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Remember this team was hot like this last year. If we finish 8 and 8 that would be great. Hopefully this team turns the corner next year.