View Poll Results: Who do you HOPE will be the Rams' OC in 2011?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pat Shurmur

23 21.30%
  • Josh McDaniels

57 52.78%
  • Brad Childress

10 9.26%
  • Someone else (who?)

18 16.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Who do you HOPE will be the Rams OC next year?

I wouldn't mind McDaniels (that's if Shurmur decides to take the job in Cleveland) as long as he's willing to stay here as an offensive coordinator in the long run to make Bradford and the offense live up to their greatest potential as well as keeping his bone-headed ego in check. He's more than welcome to redeem himself.

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

McD! He never had a running back like our monster SJ. He will implement Mr. Jackson in the passing game like he should be used. And will find perfect schemes for Sammy. I'm telling you its a perfect fit. McD is a OC, not a head coach. That's why everyone is a afraid. Sags will put McD in his place if he gets out of line. We all know that. Sammy and SJ will rack up massive yards and points. Straight Smart football.

It can work!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramfan56 View Post
    McD! He never had a running back like our monster SJ. He will implement Mr. Jackson in the passing game like he should be used. And will find perfect schemes for Sammy. I'm telling you its a perfect fit. McD is a OC, not a head coach. That's why everyone is a afraid. Sags will put McD in his place if he gets out of line. We all know that. Sammy and SJ will rack up massive yards and points. Straight Smart football.

It can work!
    Careful with the format you post. You might end up like THOLTFAN81 when he was pushing the Rams to get Michael Vick in the last offseason. Sleeping with the Whiners and having to share a bed with Jim Harbaugh. But unlike Harbaugh, THOLTFAN81 had to sleep with Singletary, which is not something to look forward to.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Definetly Shurmur. but if you notice, The D's first year they were kindof quiet and turned it on this year once they had a year within the system. I expect the offense to do the same next season.

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

I have no idea what your talking about fliptalion lol

Trevor is offline Registered User

Mike Martz

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Shurmur. The stability, along with the not-a-one-man-team-wrecking-crew title will go a long ways for us next year.
    I agree, it will benefit our young QB greatly by having stability in both the system & the OC he works with. PPL should pay attention to the struggles of other young QB's who have to change both systems & OC year in & year out.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I voted Shurmur because I think stability at the OC post is key for a young developing QB.

Just look at Whiners and Cardinals both used high draft picks on QB's and then they became part of a coaching carrousel. I know Bradford is better already than Smith and Leinard but still...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the reports that are floating around are accurate, Shurmur could be the HC in Cleveland by tomorrow.

If the Rams do go with McDaniels, that will be one more reason to be THRILLED that the Rams selected Sam Bradford. McDaniels' offense has the reputation of being complicated and difficult to learn. Two of Sam's greatest attributes are that he is very smart and an extremely studious player. If anyone can pick up that offense quickly, its Sam.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If the reports that are floating around are accurate, Shurmur could be the HC in Cleveland by tomorrow.

If the Rams do go with McDaniels, that will be one more reason to be THRILLED that the Rams selected Sam Bradford. McDaniels' offense has the reputation of being complicated and difficult to learn. Two of Sam's greatest attributes are that he is very smart and an extremely studious player. If anyone can pick up that offense quickly, its Sam.
    Looks like Gilyard definitely will not be on this team then...

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I say Shurmur if not an OC that has not been a HC before. I feel like Childress or McDaniels might sabotage to try to get the Head Coach job haha, call me crazy

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Wont matter who the OC is as long as Spags is the HC and he continues to play it close to the vest. He needs to change his ways and let the offense open it up a little. You can bet he ordered Shurmur to pull in the reins with Bradford, which was fine at first, but which bit him in the behind in the final Seattle game, the Bucs game, the Raiders game, and nearly cost him the Chargers game and Broncos game.

Actually, I'd prefer to keep Shurmur IF Spags lets him open it up. ...just to give the Kid some continuity. At times this year, Shurmur shows signs of near-brillance. At other times, shear stupididty. But I think Spags defensive mind played a big part in that.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Mike Martz
    you forgot to add "just kidding"

itsguud is offline Registered User

I'm going McDaniels. Bradford reminds me of Brady in many ways. I'd love to see he used similarly. Also I love how the Patriots started utilizing Welker and now Edlemans speed underneath. I think Amendola is very similar to those guys and would be a perfect fit in that system. I have to say the Pats O because of the way it spreads the field with many different play options and creative ideas has been my favorite to watch the last few years.

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Mcdaniels would bring same type of offense as Bradford played in college, he was pretty damn good in spread offense and no huddle. He would bring that wining mentality inhered from New England. He coordinated 16 - 0 Patriots team. Childress would bring continuity to the offense and there would be less new vocabulary to learn. They would start where they left off at the end of the season. I voted Mcdaniels but would not care if Childress came in. Neither one is going to get head coach offer in NFL, not any time soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast